Windows 10: Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10)

Discus and support Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently added a water cooler to my pc and a few days later it started to at random moments. The first this I did was to check the CPU for any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Arod_Bx, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Arod_Bx Win User

Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10)

I recently added a water cooler to my pc and a few days later it started to at random moments. The first this I did was to check the CPU for any hardware conflicts and or error, nothing showed up on any of the reports. Next, I did a scan on the memory, again nothing unusual or out of the ordinary was reported. From there I went through a slew load of tests (mdsched.exe,SFC, HD and registry defrag, etc...) still nothing came up. Then I did a "Fresh Start" and the system froze and crashed when I restarted it again. The Fresh Start couldn't proceed, it had to revert back to its original state, don't know what else to do from this point.

:)

Arod_Bx, Sep 12, 2018
  2. x509 Win User

Win 10 CU (not FCU) stutters and freezes a lot with various operations

I get momentary freezes and stuttering with a range of Windows menu operations. *sarc These are the ones that are top of mind but I'm sure there are others. Win 10 Pro 64, up to date on patches.

• Xing out a FireFox tab
    • Click on FILE menu (drop down is delayed)
    • FILE > Print (printer list or print menu is delayed)
    • Selecting a higher level on the file path in the SAVE menu
    • Search menu at bottom of Windows
    • Typing in many situations.

Any suggestions? Or this this a known problem in Win 10? I've had this problem for some time, but lately it has gotten me really PO'ed.*Confused

3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10)

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10)

1. Freezing and Stuttering PC (Win10) - Similar Threads - Freezing Stuttering Win10

2. Random freezes/stuttering on new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes/stuttering on new PC: Hi i am starting to experience long freeze/ stuttering that either forces me to a hard restart og waiting for 1-3 min. Sometimes the freeze end and im able to restart the computer through Windows. The computer have worked fine since it was build in february 2023. Mainly used...
  3. Random freezes/stuttering on new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes/stuttering on new PC: Hi i am starting to experience long freeze/ stuttering that either forces me to a hard restart og waiting for 1-3 min. Sometimes the freeze end and im able to restart the computer through Windows. The computer have worked fine since it was build in february 2023. Mainly used...
  4. PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay: Hello,My PC has been acting strange. I have recently built it but however, I have been getting random frame drops on some games, where I shouldn't really be experiencing frame drops even by lowering the graphics I still experience themMy specs are:GPU - RTX 3070 tiCPU - AMD...
  5. PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay

PC Stuttering/Freezing during gameplay: Hello,My PC has been acting strange. I have recently built it but however, I have been getting random frame drops on some games, where I shouldn't really be experiencing frame drops even by lowering the graphics I still experience themMy specs are:GPU - RTX 3070 tiCPU - AMD...
  6. PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay: Hi guys,I'm hoping someone will be able to guide me in the right direction as I've only recently had my PC and I'm not too familiar with troubleshooting it.My PC has been acting up lately while gaming. What happens is the gameplay stutters a lot and the audio cuts out too....
  7. PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay

PC Stuttering/Freezing During Gameplay: Hi guys,I'm hoping someone will be able to guide me in the right direction as I've only recently had my PC and I'm not too familiar with troubleshooting it.My PC has been acting up lately while gaming. What happens is the gameplay stutters a lot and the audio cuts out too....
  8. Audio stutters in Win10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio stutters in Win10: Hey everyone, Since I built my new PC and i believe before that as well, not sure I've been experiencing annoying audio glitches. It essentially means that every now and then all the audio coming from my PC will just stop producing for about half a second, and then resume...
  9. Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio Stuttering and Pc Freezing Randomly: This issue is driving me insane for a while I've dealt with it but I really would like to get rid of it if possible. Sometimes when I'm using my computer it will randomly have what I like to call micro freezes/stutters where the mouse freezes, the audio stutters and gets...
  10. seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    seemingly random audio/video stutter and freeze on win10 2004: almost everytime I play a game or watch a video at a random time after starting the sound and video start freezing at a consistent rythm. the mouse lags too. i dont know exaclty what triggers it honestly the only time ive been able to recreate this issue is when installing a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. computer stuttering windows 10 freezing

2. freezing stutter sound windows 10

3. computer stutters and freezes

4. windows 10 pc freezes and stutters,
  5. computer stuttering and freezing,
  6. windows freezing and stuttering