Windows 10: freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video

Discus and support freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; ok, i got a pretty weird freezing / BSOD occurance and really need help the freeze / BSOD happen when i open a game (mostly overwatch &... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by frozensolid, Jan 13, 2017.

1. freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video

ok, i got a pretty weird freezing / BSOD occurance and really need help

the freeze / BSOD happen when i open a game (mostly overwatch & worldoftanks) it doesnt matter if im ingame or just in the main menu, but when i alt tab(switch window) to firefox browser and play video(such as video in facebook or youtube) my system will freeze with sound stuttering. sometimes windows will recover (event viewer said my graphic driver crash and recovered) but mostly it will keep freeze and then go BSOD 0x00000133(watchdog violation)

i tried to edit registry TDRdelay / TDRlevel both no effect
    i updated my Nvidia driver to the latest and also the older one also no effect (my graphic is GTS450)
    i did GPU stress test with furmark, nothing wrong
    never got freeze if i didnt open any game and i can watch video normally. the freeze will only occur when i have overwatch/worldoftanks opened and alttab to firefox browser and play a video on facebook/youtube
    sometimes when i leave browser open without any video playing (2 tab active facebook and twitter) and playing overwatch/worldoftanks sometimes it will freeze too. so annoying

Bsod viewer said hall.dll and ntoskrnl

attacment included
    i think the problem is not on my GPU but rather windows 10 driver nvidia
    please help me
    sry if my english is bad

:)

frozensolid, Jan 13, 2017

2. Sudden artifacts, freezing and BSODs under some stress

Since yesterday, my laptop seems to be malfunctioning. While playing games like Battlefield4 and Overwatch, after some time I get artifacts and my screen freezes(game keeps running and windows is still active, can still hear notifications and game sounds).
    After this I can exit the game through task manager and relaunch the game, untill all this happens again.

During this recurring problem, I also got the occasional BSOD: INTERNAL_VIDEO_SCHEDULER_ERROR

This problem seemed to start out of nowhere. It also seems not to be temperature related(GPU reaches only 65C and CPU 75C).

Things I have tried but didn't work:

-Reinstalling gpu driver.

-Installing older gpu driver.

Things I have tried that seemed to work:

-Set TDRdelay to 8 in registry.

The last thing seemed to work for a while, untill again while playing Overwatch, I saw artifacts, the screen froze and got a BSOD with the message THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED.

Here is a link to the last 3 DMP files, MSinfo and speccy:

DMP,MSinfo,Specs.zip

stijnkramer, Jan 13, 2017
  3. dire-x Win User
    BSOD: driver irql_less_or_not_equal

I've been getting the occasional BSOD for a while now and finally fed up enough to do something about it. It varies what the BSOD says the cause is but the one I can remember is driver irql_less_or_not_equal. So I went and did the driver verifier and got
    some minidumps. Couldn't even boot into windows with driver verifier on. Crashes seem to happen most often when I'm playing Overwatch (and no other games) and while watching videos on Youtube (Firefox)

Minidump

MS Info

dire-x, Jan 13, 2017
  4. philc43 Win User

freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video

Please update the NVidia driver. The best way to do this is to uninstall everything of Nvidia using Display Driver Uninstaller and install new drivers from your Graphics card manufacturer or from the NVidia website. When you do this be sure the "clean install" box is checked and only install the Graphics driver and the PhysX driver.

philc43, Jan 13, 2017
  5. i have done that as you said before. uninstall with DDU and then install the latest driver on nvidia website. still no luck
    some friend said to try the tweakforce driver still same.

i also tried older driver on nvidia driver list no luck at all

frozensolid, Jan 13, 2017
  6. Quick update: I tried to use Mem check using memtest86 no sign of error
    Also yesterday when I played overwatch without any browser open (only overwatch open) I got freeze again and I got penalty from competitive, it's frustrating and I'm hopeless.
    Please help me

edit: tried to open overwatch and then play a video file with MPC. no freeze/BSOD so far
    conflict between game & firefox ?

edit again: so i tried to open overwatch and alt tab play a video on firefox youtube but no freeze. its pretty random

what i did so far is only turning off vsync on overwatch setting

frozensolid, Jan 14, 2017
  7. This is not solved yet because last week almost a full week I got no freeze, I thought it fix itself but it came back few days ago
    So it pretty random

Please give me as many info and suggestions as possible
    Someone pls check the bugcheck on the attachment because I don't know how to

frozensolid, Jan 15, 2017
  8. philc43 Win User

If you have had new BSOD events since you last posted the log files, please post a new set for us to check.

Make sure you are using the default optimized settings in the BIOS, and the graphics driver was installed with a clean install to ensure all the settings were returned to default.

philc43, Jan 15, 2017
  9. ok so it still BSOD
    what i did so far was turn off vsync and install aetheros LAN driver (since i saw some people got BSOD because of LAN driver) but the BSOD still not fix

the latest BSOD happen when i was searching for game in overwatch and i switch window(alt-tab) to firefox browser, about around -+30 seconds surfing facebook, my computer freeze and then few minutes later it BSOD

for the bios thing, the only i change was turning RAM from AUTO(1066) to 1333 and SATA mode from IDE to AHCI since im using SSD
    Attachment 117567Attachment 117568

new log is in the attachment
    it said hal.dll and ntoskrnl again

frozensolid, Jan 17, 2017
  10. philc43 Win User
    Have you tried monitoring voltages on your system? I wonder if the power supply is able to cope when everything is drawing power at full load. HW Monitor or Speccy are good programs.

philc43, Jan 18, 2017
  11. currently i try remove my WD BLUE 500Gb (game harddisk, PS: the harddisk is 4 years old) which have 2 partition,
    -partition 1 : 100GB disk which i used to use for my OS but no longer in use because it got bad sector on this partition
    -partition 2 : 300GB disk which i use to store my games include the overwatch

the reason i try to remove it to see if the harddisk is the one who actually cause it or not (all this time i think it imposible since i dont use the harddisk to load OS anymore, only use to load game)
    so i give it a try to remove the harddisk and move the overwatch game to my OS SSD to test it. so far no freeze / BSOD

for the voltage here is the image below

Attachment 117671Attachment 117672

quick update: yesterday i tried the overwatch (PS: game file is on my OS SSD and the old HDD is unplugged) and try to make it break like usual cause ( open overwatch and play a video on youtube / facebook)
    so actually i get 2 freezes (but doesnt BSOD) and both eventviewer said nvidia driver crash and recovered like usual.
    the first one happen when i already open overwatch on main menu and alt tab(switch) window to firefox browser to surf in facebook and it randomly freeze (no video playing in browser)
    the second one happen when overwatch already open on main menu and watching stream on twitch.tv and it freeze and recover from nvidia crash

after that i tried again open overwatch and watch stream twitch.tv but it didnt freeze/bsod for -+3 hours
    so apparently its pretty random

frozensolid, Jan 18, 2017
  12. a little update:
    ok, so i bought new GTX 1050 TI few days ago (planned upgrade when 1050 TI announced) to upgrade my GTS 450

havent got any freeze / BSOD since then, so for now i think its safe to say that probably my GTS 450 start to failing or maybe the GTS 450 got compability issue with windows 10? i dunno

i will come back again to this thread for further update

frozensolid, Jan 22, 2017
  13. freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video

ok so its already a week now since my last post. i got no more freeze or BSOD
    so i think the problem is solved with the old GPU being the problem coz of old age

thanks to philc43 for your time to help me

frozensolid, Jan 29, 2017
  14. philc43 Win User
    You're welcome and thanks for reporting back to us. *Smile

philc43, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. freezing/BSOD 0x00000133 while opening overwatch and alttab play video - Similar Threads - freezing BSOD 0x00000133

2. BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD when starting or playing Overwatch: Hello there,I'm getting bluescreens sometimes when I play Overwatch or when I am starting it.It happens randomly and I already checked my ssd and inserted new RAM into the computer.Also I tried to reinstall Windows and reinstalled / updated all drivers.Could you help me to...
  3. BSOD When playing Overwatch 2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD When playing Overwatch 2: Hi there,I've been getting the BSOD with the label DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION when playing Overwatch 2 frequently. I've searched it and some say it's a driver issue but I'm not sure.Here are the files:Dump FilesmsinfoThanks so much!...
  4. PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC Freeze while playing Rocket League/Overwatch: Hi people, Lately I've been having a major issue with my PC, it completely freezes while playing games like Rocket League and Overwatch. My PC just completely freezes and the audio also hangs. The only way to reboot my PC is to turn it off, wait 10-15 seconds and boot it...
  5. Windows 10 Random BSODs While Playing Overwatch

Windows 10 Random BSODs While Playing Overwatch: Hello. I have been experiencing random BSODs since April of this year. They always occur while I'm on Overwatch and never seem to happen any other time. It might just be a coincidence that it seems to occur while I'm playing Overwatch simply because I'm on it a lot, but at...
  6. BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch

BSOD playing League of Legends / Overwatch: I keep getting blue screens and I did my own basic research on the errors and have had no luck. If I could get some help on this it would be much appreciated. 62318
  7. BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124

BSOD while playing Overwatch: error 0x00000124: Hey guys, I just recently downloaded Overwatch and started playing a few hours ago when I suddenly got a BSOD that stated "Whea Uncorrectable Error" as a code. This is a fairly new laptop that I've had for less than 6 months. I've gotten a handful of BSODs over the past 6...
  8. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...
  9. BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error

BSOD Playing Overwatch, Whea_uncorrectable_error: Hey everyone, I got my very first BSOD when i am playing overwatch. I'm using my laptop almost 2 years. Windows 10 x64, 8Gb ram, Intel i7-5700hq 2.7ghz. And using One Hdd, one ssd and """ m2-pci express ssd on m2 port. my computer brand says it s not supported at m2-pci...
  10. BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes

BSODs playing Overwatch, multiple codes: Hi all, I've recently started playing Overwatch, and it's been resulting in BSODs and crashes every so often, making the game pretty difficult to play (it's also happened once during Far Cry 3 recently, which is strange, since I had been running that game fine for the most...
Tags: