Windows 10: Freezing constantly

Discus and support Freezing constantly in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; First the PC started to freeze after leaving the PC idle for 2-3min, sometimes a bit longer (been happening since around two months ago). The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Minda.S, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Minda.S Win User

Freezing constantly

First the PC started to freeze after leaving the PC idle for 2-3min, sometimes a bit longer (been happening since around two months ago). The screen/audio would freeze if I didn't constantly use the mouse or keyboard, turning it off normally didn't work either so I had to force it to shut down. I updated the GPU driver but nothing changed.

Later I tried to clean boot, unchecking non-Microsoft services and startup programs. The freezing got worse and started to happen whether I moved the mouse or not, after around 30sec after loging in.
    After that I tried to safe boot, and now it freezes after 1-3sec on the login screen.

When I try to boot it from a USB flash drive with win10, the freezing happens again after a random amount of seconds. I did manage once to get to the CMD and run sfc /scannow, but it didn't find anything wrong.

- When I get into BIOS it seems like the screen doesn't freeze.

:)

Minda.S, Feb 17, 2019

2. Windows 10 Constantly Freezes

Windows 10 on PC constantly freezes. I called support with no help. It freezes every 2-3 minutes. This is unacceptable and I don't know what to do. The Windows rep suggest that I could go back to Windows 8. I've had 10 for almost two months and I would
    like to keep it; I just want it to stop freezing my PC. I have tried the various suggestions given to no avail, this is a Windows 10 problem. PLEASE HELP

ShakeelaMuhammad, Feb 17, 2019
  3. I have to refresh constantly as is it freezes

Hi Barbara,

System freezing is a performance issue. I suggest you to run a System Maintenance Troubleshooter to check if that helps.

Step 1:

Follow the steps below to run System Maintenance troubleshooter
    on the computer:

1. Press Windows and X key together and select Control Panel.

2. Click on Troubleshooting.

3. Click on View all option on the left side of the Windows.

4. Click on System Maintenance option.

5. Click on Next and follow the onscreen instructions.

Also, ensure to install any pending updates on the pc to keep the system up to date.

Step 2:

Follow the steps below to install pending updates

• Press Windows + I
      keys.
    • Click Update & security.
    • Under Windows updates, click Check for Updates.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, Feb 17, 2019
  4. GVT11 Win User

Freezing constantly

Screen freezes constantly after latest update

My screen freezes constantly after latest update - Nov 17. Even freezes during repair or system restore. Suggestions other than paying Geek Squad $150?!

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup

Original title/subject: Windows 10 update

GVT11, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Freezing constantly

1. Freezing constantly - Similar Threads - Freezing constantly

2. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  3. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything: Around a week ago, I started receiving random freezes, which then escalated to crashes, which then further escalated to blue screens while playing a game called VALORANT. This wasn't just while playing VALORANT; it just happened more frequently, and I only received blue...
  4. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  5. Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.

Lenovo Ideapad 5 15ARE05 constantly restarting, freezing and blue-screening randomly.: This has been going on for a little while and I still don't understand what the solution is. No matter, what I do, even cleaning the dust out of PC, it will still randomly restart for no apparent reason. However, there are a few errors that I found in both "Application" and...
  6. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  7. PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio

PC constantly freezing but can still hear audio: I got a new PC back In January and I've had 0 problems until yesterday when I tried playing dayZ with some friends and my pc froze halfway through our session. I thought it was strange as I never freeze but waited to see if it would resolve and it didn't. I had no use of...
  8. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Constant freezes, lags, stutters and blue screens on everything

10. Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.

Windows 11 constantly freezing for 10-15 second when switching apps/chrome, closing apps.: Whenever I've got a program with either tabs or a menu bar I've noticed it'll completely freeze everything for 10-20 seconds EVERY time the mouse moves from say "file" to "edit" or "view", or from a chrome tab to the next tab or even the top bar of an adjacent window. That's...