Windows 10: freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen

Discus and support freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I have been experiencing some Problems today. Firstly I got a freeze in the middle of playing a game with a bluescreen after that. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by A_Windows_10_User, Jun 7, 2019.

1. freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen

Hello,

I have been experiencing some Problems today. Firstly I got a freeze in the middle of playing a game with a bluescreen after that. The bluescreen showed "Machine Check Exception".

After that windows tried to restart but got stuck displaying "preparing automatic repair". It would load a little and then freeze. When I tried to restart again than either a bluescreen would show (machine check exception) or it would get stuck again.

Then I (opened my case and added a DVD player (because my Computer doesn't have one normaly)) inserted a DVD with windows and restarted. The moment the text "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" shows up and I press a button the bios startup screen shows up but with the windows loading circle in the middle (not normal) and it crashes again.

But if I let the text pass and I don't press any keys, a new text shows up which is just "press any key to boot from CD/DVD" in german and if I let that pass too windows starts "normaly" (haven't found anything crashy yet).

Then I thought that everything is fine now, removed the DVD-player form my case and it started again, just so that it can freeze minutes later when I am on the desktop. But it doesn't create a bluescreen. When I now stop my computer and start it again the "troubleshooting screen" shows up, where you can boot to safemode which works. But restarting brings me back to the freeze on desktop without bluescreen. And now the freezes occur somtimes (and sometimes a lot later) even with the DVD inside.

specs:

intel i7-7700K

16gb ram

nvidia GForce GTX 1080TI

500gb samsung ssd

2tb toshiba hdd

And I do have a file from "Minidump"

https://drive.google.com/open?id=14IHWznBDbD1QRGpXANN6Ma5mFY7ahi8e

:)

A_Windows_10_User, Jun 7, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jun 7, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jun 7, 2019
  4. axe0 Win User

freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen

Crash after it sits for a while

What kind of a crash do you mean?
    • Freeze crash
    • Bluescreen crash
    • Sudden shutdown/restart crash
    Only with the bluescreen crash a dump is created.

axe0, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen

1. freezing/crashing with and without bluescreen - Similar Threads - freezing crashing without

2. Games crashing with bluescreen and games freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games crashing with bluescreen and games freezing: This problem started a couple of weeks ago. So, basically, some games were randomly forcing windows to restart with a BSOD error. This happened with a variety of games, such as Teardown, Snowrunner, BeamNG.Drive, etc. I eventually got tired of this randomly happening, so I...
  3. PC crashing without bluescreen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing without bluescreen: I think it may happen only when playing a graphically intensive game. My computer can more than handle games. Here are my application and system logs. I don't know how to understand these, but was told I should post them. Logs.zipI was fresh bootup for at least two of the...
  4. PC crashing without bluescreen

PC crashing without bluescreen: I think it may happen only when playing a graphically intensive game. My computer can more than handle games. Here are my application and system logs. I don't know how to understand these, but was told I should post them. Logs.zipI was fresh bootup for at least two of the...
  5. PC crashes without a bluescreen.

PC crashes without a bluescreen.: Basically, sometimes mostly while watching YouTube however, not when playing games my PC freezes for a second and restarts. Seems like a crash, but in the event viewer there are no entries to be found around the time of the crash. I've tried replacing my PSU, checking memory...
  6. PC crashes without a bluescreen.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC crashes without a bluescreen.: Basically, sometimes mostly while watching YouTube however, not when playing games my PC freezes for a second and restarts. Seems like a crash, but in the event viewer there are no entries to be found around the time of the crash. I've tried replacing my PSU, checking memory...
  7. PC crashes without a bluescreen.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Crashing Randomly Without a Bluescreen

Crashing Randomly Without a Bluescreen: Ever since yesterday, my PC has been crashing randomly. No bluescreen, no sound, nothing. The only solution I've found so far is a forced reboot, but that's only temporary. It's happened three times now. Images below are from two different occurrences....
  9. Consistant Crashes/Freezes/Bluescreens

Consistant Crashes/Freezes/Bluescreens: Firstly Apologies for the double post. I had previously been linked to the performance & maintenance forums while researching my issue. Firstly, I've had no problems with windows 7 ever. Decided to upgrade to Windows 10 last year and used the free upgrade to do it....
  10. random BSOD crashes (without actual bluescreens, screen freez/reboot)

random BSOD crashes (without actual bluescreens, screen freez/reboot): hello, I am having a problem with a BSOD dealing with the ntoskrnl.exe core operation. I've checked it up in bluescreenview and have attached the needed files for you guys to analyze. Attachment 78790 any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you 49656