Windows 10: Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos

Discus and support Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, there was a windows update on my laptop and after it my cursor would freeze every 3 seconds, then i noticed that while scrolling, that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by LisaDunne1, Feb 19, 2021.

1. Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos

Hi,

there was a windows update on my laptop and after it my cursor would freeze every 3 seconds, then i noticed that while scrolling, that was freezing too then also when i was typing and finally when watching any video's, the video would freeze every 3 seconds but the sound would continue.

I left my laptop in to be fixed and was told it was the IRQ that was out of sync and several things needed updating. Laptop was all back to normal after that until a couple of months after the fix an update happened and back to the same problem.

Can anyone advise on how to fix this problem??

Thanks

Lisa.

:)

LisaDunne1, Feb 19, 2021
  2. pedsto Win User

scrolling bad

New event. When placing cursor over a list or row of columns, even the volume bar scrolling is automatic and proceeds to one end of the series and stops. The scrolling also stops when I move the cursor away from the list but am unable to select anything in the list. Not all the possible lists are effected. Other sites have recommended mouse/kb fixes. Have tried all those but the phenomena persists. Have not had any known updates recently and don't have a restore point to try. Any other suggestions? W10Pro 1903

pedsto, Feb 19, 2021
  3. kthr33 Win User
    Cursor Freeze

Windows 10, Dell laptop, has touch pad, use optical, corded mouse instead. About 2 weeks ago, my cursor began freezing. For example, if I run my cursor across the page, left to right, up to down, or diagonal, the direction doesn't seem to make a difference,
    while making that run about every 3 seconds the cursor freezes for a instant then jumps to catch up. Interestingly enough, If a video is playing at the same time, the video would also freeze and for the same amount of time, then jump to catch up as well. If
    a video is playing and I don't move the cursor, the video never freezes. Would anyone know if this is indicative of a particular issue, and perhaps more importantly, can it be fixed by a compuilliterate? I've cleaned with Viper and Malwarebytes in regular
    and safe mode. I've gone through my installed programs and deleted anything that was not MS, HP, Dell, Viper, or any other easily recognizable manufacturer. At the same time I deleted a couple that were added about the time this started and I did not intentionally
    add them. I've increased my virtual memory from the recommended amount to 10x's that amount - and the issue persists. All suggestions, ideas, comments any wish to offer will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, K.

kthr33, Feb 19, 2021
  4. Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos

Cursor freezes when typing emails!

I have windows 10. When I try to type with my keyboard the cursor freezes or jumps all over the place. Then I can't type a word or if I can it is so slow because of the freezing. It takes forever to type one email or reply to someone. Then I get the
    blue spinning circle.

ConnieLaughlin, Feb 19, 2021
Thema:

Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos

1. Freezing cursor, scroll, typing and videos - Similar Threads - Freezing cursor scroll

2. Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing: After updating recently, my cursor keeps freezing until i press a key, and if i am watching a video when this happens, the video keeps pausing and unpausing itself continuously until i press any key. I tried updating driver, and also reinstalled windows but it keeps happening...
  3. Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing: After updating recently, my cursor keeps freezing until i press a key, and if i am watching a video when this happens, the video keeps pausing and unpausing itself continuously until i press any key. I tried updating driver, and also reinstalled windows but it keeps happening...
  4. Cursor freezes and video keeps pausing and unpausing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Keyboard auto typing and cursor freeze on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard auto typing and cursor freeze on Windows 10: Lately, my keyboard auto-type itself, some keys also won't work and the cursor has been freezing. I have done several scans on different anti-virus and anti-malware programs.The issue seems random, but one repeatable case is the forward-slash tab //////////////////////////...
  6. Keyboard auto typing and cursor freeze on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard auto typing and cursor freeze on Windows 10: Lately, my keyboard auto-type itself, some keys also won't work and the cursor has been freezing. I have done several scans on different anti-virus and anti-malware programs.The issue seems random, but one repeatable case is the forward-slash tab //////////////////////////...
  7. Windows 10 Cursor Freeze When Typing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Cursor Freeze When Typing: My windows cursor freezes whenever I type. I've tried everything. Uninstalling and reinstalling the touchpad drivers its a synaptics touchpad and that didn't work. I've turned off and on hide cursor while typing. I've updated windows and even tinkered with other...
  8. Cursor freeze and automatic typing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cursor freeze and automatic typing: I have 2 problems with my laptop running on Windows 7. 1 The cursor freezes after every few minutes works fine after you press ALT+TAB, 2 The key ' starts typing automatically like..'''''''''...
  9. Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cursor scrolls uncontrollably.: This is a recent happening. I have no idea how it came about. I start the computer, and as soon as I place the cursor to type (applications, search boxes, etc.) it scrolls by itself to whatever boundary the placement has. I looked this up and found this discussion....
  10. Keyboard types backwards intermittently and scrolling flickers/freezes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyboard types backwards intermittently and scrolling flickers/freezes.: Aloha. I'm having an issue with all keyboards (physical, on screen, Bluetooth) typing in reverse. It dosent happen all the time, just most. The problem started just after the failed update due to me having an SD card plugged in. I have tried running the troubleshooter,...