Windows 10: Freezing during boot sequence

Discus and support Freezing during boot sequence in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have been getting crashes and unable to boot normally because during boot it shows artifacts and/or freezes. Sometimes I would get into the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Reverie312, Feb 16, 2019.

1. Freezing during boot sequence

Hi! I have been getting crashes and unable to boot normally because during boot it shows artifacts and/or freezes. Sometimes I would get into the log-in screen but it artifacts and then crashes again.

The analyzed the most recent dump file and it showed me four files that have an error

dxgkrnl.sys

dxgmms2.sys

ntoskrnl.exe

nvlddmkm.sys

This all started happening when I installed Apex Legends (whether it has correlation to the problem, i have no idea.)

I have uninstalled the graphics drivers, I am still unable to get through the normal bootup. I am currently using safe mode.

:)

Reverie312, Feb 16, 2019
  2. Joan Pin Win User

Booting Sequence

Hi,

The boot order applies to any Windows operating system. It's a BIOS setting that can change the boot order of your device. What is the make and model of your device?

We suggest that you contact the manufacturer of your device for the boot sequence since some manufacturer provides certain customization on the operating system.

If you have other questions, feel free to reach out to us.

Joan Pin, Feb 16, 2019
  3. Jerry8AB Win User
    Boot Sequence Windows 10

Boot Sequence –

I am trying to change my boot sequence to where my optical drive is the first option for my Repair Disk.

When I go to the menu listing my boot sequence, I get:

Boot Option 1 Windows Boot Manager

Boot Option 2 Onboard NIC (IPV4)

Boot Option 3 Onboard NIC (IPV6)

These are the boot options I get with the Repair Disk either in or out after I go through the restart process. How do I get the boot process to recognize the Repair Disk as the first option?

Thanks,

Jerry

1/5/17

Jerry8AB, Feb 16, 2019
  4. Freezing during boot sequence

Suggested Boot Sequence

The current sequence is basically load system software followed by user login and then load user software before the PC is ready.

I believe the vast majority of PCs have a primary user; i.e., the PC has a single user, or it is normally turned on by the same user. Given that this is true, I suggest a better boot sequence would be to load both the system and the primary user software,
    and then present the user with the option to login or switch user. This sequence could be by default and/or controlled in User Accounts.

Reason: The normal sequence involves turning on the PC, go get coffee (etc.), come back, login and then
    wait for the PC to be ready.

Respectfully,

Robt. U. Myers

RobertMyers, Feb 16, 2019
Thema:

Freezing during boot sequence

1. Freezing during boot sequence - Similar Threads - Freezing during boot

2. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  3. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes during boot: My computer freezes during boot from any boot device. I have created new media on USB and changed the boot settings to legacy. I opened laptop and tried to make sure all connections are property seated. All hardware diagnostics show clean. Any ideas?...
  4. Computer freezes during boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  6. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence: Is there a downloadable tool out there, that will allow me to follow my Windows 10 boot sequence? My PC seems to freeze up during the boot sequence somewhere. I remember with the older versions of Windows, there was a way to follow the boot sequence....
  7. Boot sequence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Boot sequence hangs.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot sequence hangs.: I shut down the PC in the evening using the menu option. When I start the PC next day the disk lamp lights up for some few second but then it hangs. I can see the boot screen but not any rotating dots. If i do a hard power down hold the power button wait some ten seconds...
  9. Modify boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Modify boot sequence: Hello I have a problem with my Acer laptop,I want to reinstall my windows but I can t change my boot sequence because I have a BIOS password,I did not put the password I bought it from a store like this.When I got the laptop I could install it because it came blank with no...
  10. Change boot sequence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change boot sequence: When my computer boots up I do not get a message "Press f* to enter BIOS" although the facility must be there somewhere, I've been able to find a way in to change some of the settings but not the boot sequence. Unfortunately it's so long since I needed to do this I've...