Windows 10: Freezing first, BSOD later (playing games)

Discus and support Freezing first, BSOD later (playing games) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi everyone. i got a problem on my laptop From 1 month ago until now, i am facing a freeze first, BSOD later while playing games, if i alt+tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AlanTing, Jun 30, 2019.

1. AlanTing Win User

Freezing first, BSOD later (playing games)

Hi everyone.

i got a problem on my laptop

From 1 month ago until now, i am facing a freeze first, BSOD later while playing games, if i alt+tab to windows, or anything, my laptop will freeze instantly (and immediatelly bsod).

I tried factory reset, got no sucess.

the bsod error (driver power state failure, watchdog)

if someone can help me, i will be so glad.

Thanks in advance.

:)

AlanTing, Jun 30, 2019

2. BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Jaffo Win User
    BSOD and freezing while playing video games

So the backstory:

I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this:

https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg

I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the next day I went ahead and updated my drivers. Later that day 7 Days to Die crashed again, the same way. Then later World of Warcraft did. At that point I figured something must be pretty wrong, as I'd been playing WoW on and off for weeks and never had any problems.

I tried dusting out the case, worrying that it was a heat issue. Eventually during one of the restarts/freezes I got to the point where the tower would boot up but the monitor stayed in Power Saver mode. After flashing the BIOS and removing the graphics card, I was able to get back into Windows. I figured maybe my graphics card was on its way out, but it couldn't hurt to format the SSD I keep Windows on and start clean before I put a new card in. So I did that, but held off on putting the card in right away as it took forever to get all the Windows Updates handled, and eventually I ended up installing Windows 10 as there were so many problems with Windows 7.

Fast forward to now where I still haven't installed a new graphics card, as when I tried to test my system out by running some games (Rocket League, which completely freezes up on the title screen; Beseige, which plays fine but within 5-10 minutes causes a BSOD of System_Service_Exception) it didn't end well. So now I'm here, hoping someone can help get my system back to gaming like it was built for instead of this shallow, empty existence. *cry

So far the steps I've taken are:

1. Dusted out the case/components.
    2. Removed the suspected issue (dead or dying graphics card).
    3. Formatted the SSD to get a clean Windows install.
    4. Ran 8 passes of MemTest with 0 errors.

Attachment 82053

Jaffo, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Can't play Hit It Rich game and system freezes

Hi carmenstanley1,

Thank you for your response.

I can understand how frustrating it would be. This issue might be due to corrupted profile or if the game is not installed completely. I suggest you to follow these steps and let us know if it works.

Could you please help me with the below questions:

• Are you aware of any changes happened on the computer prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried playing this game on other browser (Google chrome or Mozilla) and check for the issue?

Step 1: Uninstall or Repair the game.

1. Press Windows and
      R key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and hit enter.
    3. Right click on the Hit it Rich app > Select Repair or uninstall it.
    4. Reinstall the application and check for the issue.

Step 2: Create a new local account.

The reason might be due to user account corruption, so I would suggest you to ‘Create
    a local user or administrator account’
    and check if the issue persists.

Note: You will not see all your files under your default file location.
    So your data will be saved under C:\Users\User_name.

If you are facing issues with freezing, I would suggest you to follow the troubleshooting steps on
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows

Hope it helps.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Freezing first, BSOD later (playing games) - Similar Threads - Freezing BSOD later

2. PC Crashes, No BSOD when playing fortnite later into a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Crashes, No BSOD when playing fortnite later into a game.: Hello. I play many games and all is fine. The other day out of nowhere when I play fortnite, my pc just turns off goes black and restarts. It crashes about 15min into each game only on fortnite. Ive done a clean install of drivers. My temps and watts are ok. So Im trying to...
  3. PC Crashes, No BSOD when playing fortnite later into a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC Crashes, No BSOD when playing fortnite later into a game.: Hello. I play many games and all is fine. The other day out of nowhere when I play fortnite, my pc just turns off goes black and restarts. It crashes about 15min into each game only on fortnite. Ive done a clean install of drivers. My temps and watts are ok. So Im trying to...
  4. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  5. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Random freezes, BSOD while playing games: I don't know but I have been going through a very weird problem with my pc. Basically when I boot my pc in the morning , while playing games it crashes severely ,hangs, freeze sometimes BSOD or sometimes restarts by its own. On BSOD it gives message like video scheduler...
  6. Random freezes, BSOD while playing games

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. My first gaming PC BSOD watching youtube or playing large games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My first gaming PC BSOD watching youtube or playing large games: Hello, this is my first Gaming PC and ive been struggling for months. When i first bought windows 10 on it, i let it download all of the drivers and updates, and then went to the websites for my hardware and downloaded all the drivers i needed as well. From there i downloaded...
  8. Solid Colour Freeze when playing games, no BSOD

Solid Colour Freeze when playing games, no BSOD: This is my first custom built pc, everything was working fine. Web browsing, watching videos. I jumped onto csgo and played a few warm up 1v1s against my friend. But them when we started playing after a couple rounds the screen just went Solid grey. No sound or feedback. Then...
  9. Freezing when playing games

Freezing when playing games: Hi there, in the last few days when playing games (BFBC2, BF3 and Sticky Bomb), my computer has been freezing at various points (sometimes within a minute, sometimes after 2 hours), and on reboot i get BSOD sometimes with different error messages such as...
  10. BSOD and freezing while playing video games

BSOD and freezing while playing video games: So the backstory: I played 7 Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this: https://i.imgur.com/C9c5BGS.jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics card drivers needing to be updated so the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bsod playing games