Windows 10: Freezing/Hanging Windows Explorer

Discus and support Freezing/Hanging Windows Explorer in Cortana to solve the problem; Hi! I am a Windows10 user and I just want to get some help from a ‘hanging/freezing windows explorer’ whenever I made a content search within a folder.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by NL M, Sep 27, 2020.

1. NL M Win User

Freezing/Hanging Windows Explorer

Hi! I am a Windows10 user and I just want to get some help from a ‘hanging/freezing windows explorer’ whenever I made a content search within a folder. Any help with this? Thanks!

:)

2. Windows 10 Freeze / Hang

Hi,

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps given by Ramesh.Kumar on this

thread
    . To know more on how to resolved your issue with Windows 10 screen freeze/ hang.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Phillip Pio, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Freezing/Hanging Windows Explorer - Similar Threads - Freezing Hanging Explorer

2. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  3. Windows Hangs/freezes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Hangs/freezes.: Recently my PC has been suffering from hang up or freezes, usually at the Loh on screen after booting up, PC will freeze for a minute and the start responding again. Some times I try to start a program and the same thing happens, hangs up and a minute later it starts...
  4. Windows 11 file explorer is very slow, hangs, freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 file explorer is very slow, hangs, freezes: Windows 11 file explorer is extremely slow to open files, lags and says "Working on it"I often have to resort to Task Manager to End Task as the file explorer window won't even close.It is time consuming and extremely frustrating that such a basic function of windows doesn't...
  5. Windows Explorer Hanging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Explorer Hanging: For some reason windows explorer suddenly stops responding even though i am doing light work. I am able to use the apps normally that i have opened already but the taskbar becomes frozen. It restarts when i click on it and wait for a couple of seconds. Apps have also started...
  6. Windows Explorer Hanging

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer Hanging: For some reason windows explorer suddenly stops responding even though i am doing light work. I am able to use the apps normally that i have opened already but the taskbar becomes frozen. It restarts when i click on it and wait for a couple of seconds. Apps have also started...
  7. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  8. Windows hangs or freezes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows hangs or freezes: Hello,I have been using win10 for sometimes but recently i am having this problem, like while using the laptop it hangs or freezes every 2/5 minutes. for example, i am google chrome or watching something on DVD player or even normal browsing, it will freeze every 2/5 mins. i...
  9. Windows hangs or freezes

10. Windows Explorer Hangs

Windows Explorer Hangs: Hi, I have a laptop at home that partially hangs when you open Windows Explorer. After booting up and logging in - when you open Windows Explorer it displays 'Quick Access' (no folders) and on the right says 'Working on it' - and then it stays like this forever. I've...