Windows 10: Freezing in Programs

Discus and support Freezing in Programs in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello guys again I have an NEW issue. Ever since update to Windows 10 2004 latest version I believe I have had several issues and want to see if anyone... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mraamohamed, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Freezing in Programs

Hello guys again I have an NEW issue. Ever since update to Windows 10 2004 latest version I believe I have had several issues and want to see if anyone know these or knows a fix.

1st issue is sometimes after I am waking or open my laptop I get one of 2 screens either an ALL white screen and I do have mouse movement, and that is it and then I have to do a HARD reset (force power off and on) to get a normal screen, or I get a colorful screen with many pixels like and again mouse movement and again a hard shutdown fixes.

2nd issue is on a lat of program I use sometimes I get a freeze for a few seconds, example File Explorer I get a freeze and a flash screen for a few seconds like 10 or 20 seconds then fine again.

I want to go back to windows 10 previous but I made a USB with the 2004 version and did a fresh install so I can not roll back, if anyone can tell me how I can go back to I think it was 1904 was previous version that helps me a lot.

Thanks
    Abdulah "Mr Abdi" Mohamed

OH BTW I have a Lenovo 320-14AST Ideapad

:)

mraamohamed, Jun 22, 2020

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jun 22, 2020
  3. Josef Bri Win User
    Windows Creator Update Freezes Some Programs when typing

Thanks for the reply. Since the Creator's Update is giving you some issues, we suggest reverting back to the previous update. Here are the steps:

• Open Settings window.
    • Click Update and Security, then Recovery.
    • Select Get Started, under Go back section.

Once done, it will restart your PC. After the restart, please do check if you'll still experience freeze moments on any programs you are working on.

We're looking forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jun 22, 2020
  4. Freezing in Programs

Programs keep freezing(not resporting)

Hi Bosko,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

As the programs freezes and unable to access the videos on Microsoft Edge, I understand the inconvenience.

Do let us know the following information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • From when are you facing this issue?
    • Is there any error code/ error message with this issue?

Step 1: Run the System maintenance troubleshooter.

System Maintenance troubleshooter finds and clean up unused files and shortcuts and performs maintenance tasks.

• Press Windows key and type Troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting and hit Enter.
    • Click on View all in the left pane of the window.
    • Select System Maintenance.
    • Click Next and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

Step 2: I suggest you to install the latest updates on your device, install them and check with the status of this issue.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Try to access the videos on Internet Explorer and check if there is any issues.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information to assist you further accordingly.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2020
Thema:

Freezing in Programs

1. Freezing in Programs - Similar Threads - Freezing Programs

2. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  3. Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Programs either freeze or become extremely slow for a few seconds every few seconds.: Recently, my notebook started to have some problems where any program I'm using will either freeze completely not responding for a few seconds or become so slow it's unusable. Started a few days ago and is extremely weird. I can be using youtube and the browser just stops...
  4. My PC freezes every time I close program.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  5. My PC freezes every time I close program.

My PC freezes every time I close program.: Every time I close a program, my taskbar does not get updated and everything becomes unresponsive... When I click the taskbar a few times my screen turns black, and everything is fine. This is annoying because is happens every time i close a program.I've had Task manager open...
  6. PC Blue screens after opening Valorant, programs freeze after wake

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Blue screens after opening Valorant, programs freeze after wake: I have 2 problems: My computer has blue screens every time I launch Valorant for the first time.Since my computer has been freezing, I've shut it down whenever I leave my desk.After launching Valorant, my computer's blue screensWhen I restart, Valorant launches normally for...
  7. PC Blue screens after opening Valorant, programs freeze after wake

PC Blue screens after opening Valorant, programs freeze after wake: I have 2 problems: My computer has blue screens every time I launch Valorant for the first time.Since my computer has been freezing, I've shut it down whenever I leave my desk.After launching Valorant, my computer's blue screensWhen I restart, Valorant launches normally for...
  8. Windows 11 Disk Usage Spiking to 50% & Freezing all Programs & Connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Disk Usage Spiking to 50% & Freezing all Programs & Connectivity: So I have been encountering a problem where my disk usage will randomly spike to 50% usage and as a result, all programs stop responding and I cannot click anything even my taskbar until the computer decides to stop spiking. I have performed both a clean boot and booted the...
  9. Windows 11 Disk Usage Spiking to 50% & Freezing all Programs & Connectivity

Windows 11 Disk Usage Spiking to 50% & Freezing all Programs & Connectivity: So I have been encountering a problem where my disk usage will randomly spike to 50% usage and as a result, all programs stop responding and I cannot click anything even my taskbar until the computer decides to stop spiking. I have performed both a clean boot and booted the...
  10. Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop

Desktop freeze when right clicking a program in the desktop: My pc was working normally after while i faced a problem, when i right click a program in the desktop the desktop will freeze, also i saw that programms that was installed on Hdd drive when i right click on them the context menu appear without any problem, but when i right...