Windows 10: Freezing laptop issues

Discus and support Freezing laptop issues in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Dell 3793 laptop with a 2 TB hard drive and 16 GB memory which is less than a year old. I slowly populated the hard drive with files, videos,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IsaacSofair, Dec 16, 2020.

1. Freezing laptop issues

I have a Dell 3793 laptop with a 2 TB hard drive and 16 GB memory which is less than a year old. I slowly populated the hard drive with files, videos, apps, etc. A few months ago, I noticed a degradation in the startup time, but once it started, it ran fast. All my files are backed up on OneDrive and Google Drive. About three weeks ago, I noticed that OneDrive wasn't syncing correctly, so I uninstalled it and reinstalled it - a big mistake. This caused a blue screen and when automatic repair didn't work, I was forced to restore the laptop to an earlier day. After that, I contacted Microsoft Support and a Microsoft agent remotely guided me on what to do to fix the lingering sync problem. We reinstalled OneDrive from the Microsoft store and it worked fine after that. However, the startup problem continued, so I contacted Microsoft Support again, and this time, a different Microsoft agent recommended a Windows 10 upgrade. In hindsight, that was a bad idea because it further taxed the memory and reduced the capacity of the hard drive. I also noticed that the upgrade the Microsoft agent initiated wasn't the latest version 20H2. So I manually installed the 20H2 update which took about 8 hours. After that, I noticed that I magnified the problem I wanted to eliminate. Not only is the startup time much worse now, but the computer keeps freezing all the time. Also, the two upgrades reduced the capacity of the hard drive by 35 GB, a significant amount. Now my hard drive is almost full.

I am at a loss about what to do. I have tried everything short of restoring the operating system. I even ran Dell's BIOS repair system, but it didn't resolve the freezing problem. Should I do a complete operating system restoration which would remove all the programs I painstakingly installed over a period of several months or is there an easier and safer fix that would eliminate the startup problem, the freezing problem, and recover the 35 GB that was lost after the two Windows 10 upgrades? Note that I have a 2 TB refurbished Dell desktop a box that shares the same files with my newer laptop through OneDrive and Google Drive, but is fast and has over 100 GB more space on its hard drive than my new laptop. Any meaningful suggestion as to how to resolve my laptop issues just described would be sincerely appreciated.

:)

IsaacSofair, Dec 16, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 16, 2020
  3. Laptop freezes when moved slightly

Dear Sachin,

the answer to your questions are given below:

1. HP Pavillion p045tx notebook

2.No i didn't make any changes

3. How to check the 3rd step?Please let know what to do.

Sudipta Sen, Dec 16, 2020
  4. n-ster Win User

Freezing laptop issues

n-ster, Dec 16, 2020
Thema:

Freezing laptop issues

1. Freezing laptop issues - Similar Threads - Freezing laptop issues

2. Laptop freezing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop freezing issue: Hi, my laptop is getting frozen several times. I used Windows 10 and have already deleted most of the data from my laptop. What should I take steps to stop this problem?...
  3. Laptop freezing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop freezing issue: Hi, my laptop is getting frozen several times. I used Windows 10 and have already deleted most of the data from my laptop. What should I take steps to stop this problem?...
  4. Laptop freezing issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Laptop randomly freezing issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop randomly freezing issue: I have an HP laptop, 5 years old now. Few months back, I faced the freezing problem in both normal and safe mode. This issue surfaced after it was updated to Windows 11. Took the laptop to the shops, migrated back to Windows 1021H2 version and installed 256 GB SSD. After 1...
  6. Laptop randomly freezing issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop randomly freezing issue: I have an HP laptop, 5 years old now. Few months back, I faced the freezing problem in both normal and safe mode. This issue surfaced after it was updated to Windows 11. Took the laptop to the shops, migrated back to Windows 1021H2 version and installed 256 GB SSD. After 1...
  7. Laptop randomly freezing issue

8. Freezing Issues

Freezing Issues: My laptop did an update for Windows 10 2004 on the 25/08/20 and since then lots of things have been freezing every 2-3 seconds for a split second, my cursor, scrolling, typing or watching a video on youtube. I have tried everything and have reset my laptop and nothing is...
  9. Aspire ES1-533 - Laptop Issues (Freezing)

Aspire ES1-533 - Laptop Issues (Freezing): I got this laptop almost 1 year and a half ago. After 3 months of having it, i had a total black screen with a moving mouse and I really could not do anything. I contacted Acer and they walked me thru a solution and it did not work, they then wanted me to send my laptop in to...
  10. Hard freeze issue with laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard freeze issue with laptop: To preface: I've tested all my hardware and it seems to be fine. The problem most likely comes from software but I've got no clue what it is exactly. I've done several clean installs trying to fix this to no avail. Usually, 10 will work fine for a few days with zero...