Windows 10: freezing of games upon alt-tabbing

Discus and support freezing of games upon alt-tabbing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; it started just a few days ago, and i have no idea of what might be causing it. so when i alt-tab out of any kind of application in full-screen mode... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/KummitusValgust, Jan 26, 2020.

1. freezing of games upon alt-tabbing

it started just a few days ago, and i have no idea of what might be causing it. so when i alt-tab out of any kind of application in full-screen mode (ONLY in full-screen, using window mode is only way i managed to get rid of it) and then alt-tab back to it it works fine for a few seconds and then freezes with sounds still working properly, for example, i hear effects of cursor overlapping buttons when i move my mouse, but nothing moves as i stated above.
    specs are, if needed, - r5 1600(stock), rx 580 8 gb(stock), asus a320mk, 8 gb crucial ballistix (@2733)

submitted by /u/KummitusValgust
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/KummitusValgust, Jan 26, 2020

2. Weird alt-tab out of fullscreen games.

Hi Simon,

The multitasking capability of a game depends on the total memory of your computer. If you have large amounts of RAM on your computer, it can multitask heavy programs easily like high-end games. To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution
    for your concerns with the alt-tab function, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Have you pressed the alt-tab key during you play Rainbow Six Siege? Or it just happen without pressing it?
    • Does the automatic ALT-TAB behavior happens on other games?
    • Do you have any other programs running on your computer while playing?
    • What is the anti-virus program you're using?
    • What is your device or system specifications? To know, follow these steps:
      1. Press Windows + S and type
        About your PC
      2. Send us the information listed under Device specifications.

Moving forward, if you're multitasking while playing, we recommend that you play this game only without doing other tasks. Pressing ALT-TAB or performing a multitasking interferes with the performance of your video card, especially if you're running a heavy
    game like Rainbow Six Siege. It will generate screen viewing issues like intermittently switching your game screen between your desktop environment.

For now, restart your game and do not press ALT+TAB while playing. This will allow your video card to dedicate its graphics performance on the game only instead of your desktop environment.

If you would like me to provide additional advice, simply respond to this thread. I will get notified and I’ll reply to you as soon as I can.

Johann Eva, Jan 26, 2020
  3. Alt + Tab = Crash

Good evening,

It appears that Windows 10 keeps crashing whenever I Alt + Tab out of a game and then attempt to go back in. When I Alt + Tab back in I'm met with a black screen. Then Windows 10 freeze and I can't do anything.

Steps to reproduce:

(1) Start game

(2) Alt + Tab out

(3) Do whatever in Windows 10

(4) Alt + Tab back in

>>>Black screen

(5a) Ctrl + Alt + Delete to end process of game

(6a) No clickable buttons in Windows 10 (can't even shut down)

(5b) Ctrl + Alt + Delete

(6b) Shut down (just spins indefinitely and doesn't actually shut down)

This is a on a brand new copy of Windows 10 (not an upgrade). My current specifications are below:

-MSI SLI Plus X99 Motherboard

-16 GBs 2800 MHz RAM

-2x NVIDIA Titan X GPUs

-512 GB M2 SSD

-1600w EVGA PSU

Please advise on what is happening and if this will be fixed soon.

David_Compart, Jan 26, 2020
  4. YuJaCk Win User

freezing of games upon alt-tabbing

Windows 10 Creator update crashes/freeze with alt+tab? Fix?

I have some problems here and i go through your suggestion step.

I find out 0 errors at any notes

So, what problems is it?

how can i fix the screen freezing in the game with Alt+Tabbing

i don't wanna shut off my computer forcibly. It's so harmful to my computer.

And now, the problem have not solved since the 'creator update' published date

don't you guys help the windows users? Just let the damn windows to keep harming our computer hardware?

YuJaCk, Jan 26, 2020
Thema:

freezing of games upon alt-tabbing

1. freezing of games upon alt-tabbing - Similar Threads - freezing games upon

2. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  3. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 Gaming
    game alt + tab lag: hello,I have this reoccurring issue with most, if not all, games on my pc. When I have a full screen game open and try to alt + tab into\out of the game the screen goes dark for a few seconds 2-3 usually and then goes through with the action. Any sounds active during that...
  4. game alt + tab lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows 10 freezing after I alt-tab from a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 freezing after I alt-tab from a game.: Windows 10 always freezes after alt-tabbing from any game. Sometimes right away, sometimes after a few times. I have already reinstalled FULL windows 10 with all disks cleaned, reinstalled video card drivers, updated ALL drivers to the latest version and still the same...
  6. Windows 10 freezing after I alt-tab from a game.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 freezing after I alt-tab from a game.: Windows 10 always freezes after alt-tabbing from any game. Sometimes right away, sometimes after a few times. I have already reinstalled FULL windows 10 with all disks cleaned, reinstalled video card drivers, updated ALL drivers to the latest version and still the same...
  7. Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game: Hey everyone,I built a new PC about a month ago and just started running into an issue. I was playing a game in this case, Valorant and I went to alt-tab and as I tried to load my browser, my system 'froze.' I could still hear all the audio of the game, I could hear my...
  8. Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 'Freeze' When Alt-Tabbing From Game: Hey everyone,I built a new PC about a month ago and just started running into an issue. I was playing a game in this case, Valorant and I went to alt-tab and as I tried to load my browser, my system 'froze.' I could still hear all the audio of the game, I could hear my...
  9. Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt + Tab and Task Bar Freezing: Recently I ran into an issue where when I open either Microsoft Apps, Windows Store Apps and the Settings on my pc it will cause my task bar and alt tab to freeze. The problem fixes after a few seconds and would perform all the things I did. Example: If I spammed alt tab, it...
  10. Computer freezes whenever exiting or alt+tabbing a fullscreen game

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freezes whenever exiting or alt+tabbing a fullscreen game: the games themselves run completely fine, no issues, but whenever i switch tabs or exit to desktop, my entire computer freezes, and i have to restart it. This happens mostly with csgo, valorant, and r6 siege, which are games i happen to play alot, and its really annoying to...