Windows 10: Freezing of various programmes on Laptop

Discus and support Freezing of various programmes on Laptop in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, Had been having various problems with laptop which resulted in me using my recovery USB. I have a Acer Aspire 3 with Windows 10. Once the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by mccann88, May 16, 2019.

1. mccann88 Win User

Freezing of various programmes on Laptop

Hi,

Had been having various problems with laptop which resulted in me using my recovery USB.

I have a Acer Aspire 3 with Windows 10.

Once the recovery was complete the laptop has had the same issues it had been having prior to the recovery. These were:

Cortana Freezing intermittently
    Search bar freezing intermittently
    Google Chrome freezing intermittently
    General Freezing of different programmes intermittently
    Generally slow to boot
    Slow when opening programmes

There is nothing on the computer in terms of files clogging up the system which could cause it to freeze.
    I have performed a virus check and it is completely clean.
    I am at a total loss what to do. The laptop is only 2 months old and had been working fine up until a few days ago and had been incredibly fast.

I would be so grateful if anyone can help me or point me in the right direction.

I look forward to hearing from you.

:)

mccann88, May 16, 2019

2. Where are my programmes listed using Windows 10

I have just bought a new laptop with windows 10 and have downloaded various programmes. Where are they ?!

I can't find a list of them anywhere. They are not added to those daft boxes on the front screen and they are not in the list when I click on the Start button, just some are listed but not many and in an order I don't like, last purchased then frequently
    used (not) and who wants 'suggestion for paid programmes' ?)

Thx in advance

RosemaryAllan, May 16, 2019
  3. MF99 Win User
    Update to Windows 10 preventing various programmes from working

Hello,

I'm using a Sony Vaio on windows 8.1. I upgraded to windows 10 and the following occurred.

• My VPN via HMA would no longer connect
    • OneDrive would not connect
    • Google Chrome would not connect
    • Plex Server would not load
    • I could only access the internet via the new Edge browser.The programmes all behaved in a way to suggest that there was no internet connection or Firewall active.
    I left it for 5 days and have just now restored back to 8.1 and everything works fine again. All programmes connect to internet.

Any ideas why this would happen?

Thanks.

4. n-ster Win User

n-ster, May 16, 2019
Thema:

1. Freezing of various programmes on Laptop - Similar Threads - Freezing various programmes

2. My laptop freezes and restarts itself with various blue error screens each time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My laptop freezes and restarts itself with various blue error screens each time.: I've had a number of problems and blue error screens on my hp laptop 15-dy2xxx.Since May, my laptop has booted up with multiple Windows Powershell windows appearing and quickly disappearing. Around last month my USB ports stopped responding before returning to normal. Once...
  3. Computer freezes at various places

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes at various places: Earlier today, I restarted my computer to install a windows update. Everything was working fine. Later, my computer said it had to restart to install updates for McAfee livesafe so I restarted. After this, my computer stopped working, I was able to log in and start google...
  4. Transferring existing programmes to new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transferring existing programmes to new laptop: Apologies if this has been covered before, but search only popped up one other close thread: Situation: Ageing W7Pro OEM laptop upgraded to W10Pro 2004 (now slowing badly with age, like me) - wish to buy new sparkling toy. Object: Would like to 'carry' all installed progs to...
  5. programmes

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    programmes: can anyone help ive two programmes that ive downloaded by accident but cannot uninstall them any help would be nice thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/programmes/1da2c67f-b698-42f6-9cf4-8dec52ea5a20"
  6. Various Laptops Asking for Bitlocker

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Various Laptops Asking for Bitlocker: Hello All, Experiencing an issue with Bitlocker. Some devices at random are asking for Bitlocker recovery key to get back into the device. Each time it happens there is usually an issue when the computer boots such as the Windows PIN being deleted, or the user needing to...
  7. acer laptop freezes and closes programme

acer laptop freezes and closes programme: hi, i have a acer swift sf113 laptop and it keeps freezing and closing my programmes . it only ever happens when i go into file explorer, if i right click anything it will close the file, if i try to click on 'this pc' it will close or if i try to open or extract a zip...
  8. PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??

PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??: Hi all, for months now I've been having an issue with my system, and have now decided to starting thinking about seeking refuge on all pc troubleshooting forums Firstly, let me begin with my system specs (i built my system, its about 1.5 years old now, all new parts):...
  9. Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes

Various BSODs, Crashes and Freezes: Hello. Ive been experiencing a number of different crashes, freezes and BSOD's and im not entirely sure of the cause. Examples of BSODs ive encountered: Interrupt_Exception_Not_Handled, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area, Kmode_Exception_Not_Handled,...
  10. Issue with various apps and features/ freezing

in Windows 10 Support
    Issue with various apps and features/ freezing: ...OK, I'm not real tech savay so bear with me while I try to explain this issue. I have an issue on both my HP laptops that is just ripping my hair out. One laptop is New and worked for 2 weeks (with wifi connection issues) and the other is my previous laptop which worked...