Windows 10: Freezing on bootup

Discus and support Freezing on bootup in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I turn my computer off at night and when I turn it on the next day, it freezes and I have to hit the reset button. Then it boots up okay, but it never... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RhodaM, Apr 21, 2020.

1. RhodaM Win User

Freezing on bootup

I turn my computer off at night and when I turn it on the next day, it freezes and I have to hit the reset button. Then it boots up okay, but it never does after a normal shutdown. This started right after I switched to Windows 10 from 7. What are possible causes?

:)

RhodaM, Apr 21, 2020

2. Laptop freezes for a minute after bootup or sleep

My Dell XPS 13 9370 (250GB SSD) runs perfectly fine except after bootup or sleep. It works fine directly after bootup/sleep but after a few minutes the laptop freezes and I can't do anything. After a minute, the freezing stops and everything is fine. The freezing only happens once and only every time I boot it up.

Help would be great!

Thank you! Freezing on bootup :)

Winver 1903 OS Build 18362.535

straubalexander, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Freezing on bootup

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Freezing on bootup

1. Freezing on bootup - Similar Threads - Freezing bootup

2. How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen: As said in title. For some backstory leading up till now, i think my OS was compromised, I don’t really have an idea as to what happened exactly as I was super baffled, sorry. What I am a bit more sure about is that one time I came back to my pc to see that there was...
  3. How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I fix windows 11 PC freezing on loading on bootup screeen: As said in title. For some backstory leading up till now, i think my OS was compromised, I don’t really have an idea as to what happened exactly as I was super baffled, sorry. What I am a bit more sure about is that one time I came back to my pc to see that there was...
  4. BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .: I am facing a problem that i will get BSOD , Random Freeze or just restart without any error on cold boot , once its warm up enough i dont get any problem ,expect that it ramdom restart under battery mod if i dont do anything which make the temp gone low . so i assume i am...
  5. BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .

BSOD , Freeze , Restart mostly on Cold Bootup only .: I am facing a problem that i will get BSOD , Random Freeze or just restart without any error on cold boot , once its warm up enough i dont get any problem ,expect that it ramdom restart under battery mod if i dont do anything which make the temp gone low . so i assume i am...
  6. Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...: Hello All,Since about 1-2 weeks I've kept my computer connected to my TV through HDMI and been running games every few days. It's been working perfect fine the whole time till about 2 days back. Windows just would not boot up fine. Occasionally it would go back to normal but...
  7. Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...

Since a few days I've been facing major issues with my windows bootup/freezing when...: Hello All,Since about 1-2 weeks I've kept my computer connected to my TV through HDMI and been running games every few days. It's been working perfect fine the whole time till about 2 days back. Windows just would not boot up fine. Occasionally it would go back to normal but...
  8. My screen crashes or freezes during bootup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My screen crashes or freezes during bootup: Hello this problem is from a week and I cannot use my pc I think it’s a graphics driver issue but I cannot get to safe mode to do anythingHere is a example :https://streamable.com/26sy8j...
  9. Windows 10 bootup Freezes on the MSI Bios logo with the loading circle and after a few...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bootup Freezes on the MSI Bios logo with the loading circle and after a few...: Hi I have recently been having an issue with booting Windows 10 on my desktop, It seems that every other time I try to boot it freezes on the MSI boot logo screen with the loading circle moving but then after a few seconds it freezes. I'm using a MSI z170a, now, I've tried...
  10. My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My computer repeatedly freezes at bootup. What's going on?: I have an HP TouchSmart 9100, intel Core 2 Duo, Windows 10 PC. I recently installed Minecraft, and since then it has been having startup problems. It runs fine, but for it to fully start, I need to use a System Restore point. What could be the source of the problem? Is it...