Windows 10: Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

Discus and support Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice. One tech said it was the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by whirlly, Jan 11, 2019.

1. whirlly Win User

Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install

Hi,

My desktop was getting BSODs and freezing. Since I am not good at PC troubleshooting I've taken it to repair... twice.

One tech said it was the motherboard, so I got a new one, had it installed and also upgraded by 150 SSD to a 250 GB SSD, then I started having problems booting into windows.

I then took it to a second tech who said it was a driver graphics driver issue and reinstalled windows and updated the graphics driver.

Since I got it back from second tech the BSODs have stopped but it is still freezing. Sometimes once a day, sometimes once every ten minutes. It happens most often when I am watching videos (such as youtube, netflix or vlc player) but also when the computer is just idling. The only way to get it back to normal is to restart. I haven't really installed anything since I got it back except office 365 for work.

I searched the issue online and have tried the following fixes:

-Adjusting/Increasing Virtual Memory
    -Disabling the C states in the BIOS.
    -Changing the power to high performance.
    - "Paused" all windows updates

I've attached the zip file as per forum instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

whirlly, Jan 11, 2019

2. Fresh Install Windows 10 Freezing

I have just purchased new hardware and installed it. I have then done a fresh install of Windows 10.

Randomly the Computer will Freeze. And I have to Power off and Power back on.

System Specs.

• Intel Core i7 5930K @ 3.50GHz
    • ASRock X99 Extreme4/3.1 Motherboard
    • 16 GB DDR4 Kingston HyperX Fury
    • GTX 980 TI
    I have tried the sfc/scannow, it found an error and fixed it. But it still freezes.

My gfx card drivers are up to date using 355.82 WHQL.

I have also ran the System Maintenance troubleshooter and that found no issues.

I have been using a hardware monitor and the CPU temperature is around 30 Degress C when it freezes, so its no overheating.

Help please Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install :)

demonstalker5437, Jan 11, 2019
  3. wt_lesny Win User
    Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Jan 11, 2019
  4. Botgabe Win User

Fresh Install of Windows 10 on a "new motherboard"

Hi

I was just wondering what the process was for a fresh install. I'm currently upgrading to a new motherboard and my current machine already has windows 10. After some digging I found that windows 10 doesn't play nice when it comes to upgrading major components
    of a PC. So is there a way I could transfer my old (windows 7) product key and use it to reactivate my window 10 again on a new motherboard?

Thanks

Botgabe, Jan 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Freezing on new- motherboard, fresh install - Similar Threads - Freezing motherboard fresh

2. Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfering a Fresh Install of Windows to new SSD after a motherboard change: Hello, I am about to upgrade my Motherboard, CPU, and RAM, and want to wipe all of my drives and just start from scratch. I have a Windows Install Dongle ready to reinstall windows, but I just want to make sure I can activate it once I am there. I don't have a product...
  3. Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fresh Win10 install, intermittent freezing: Brand new Alienware Aurora R9, wiped with fresh install fully patched Win 10 Home. I installed only Chrome, nVidia GeForce Experience and up-to-date drivers, and one game, and started experiencing occasional freezes. I thought the machine had locked up and that perhaps I had...
  4. Mouse Freeze on a fresh Install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Freeze on a fresh Install: Ok guys. So I had a series of issues that led to this point, but I’ll get to it. I have an HP Laptop. It had Windows 10 on it and I’ve used it for 3 years with zero issues. I downloaded the install disk creation tool so I could load windows onto my Linux laptop. However,...
  5. Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Motherboard drivers after fresh Win10 install: Do you need to install now the drivers from the motherboard manufacturers website or the Win10 install them by itself? I mean for example chipset drivers submitted by /u/MrGohut [link] [comments]...
  6. Windows 10 fresh install freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 fresh install freezing: Hello, so I have build a new pc for my girlfriend im installing windows 10 with the media creation tool via usb. The beginning goes well enough, but once it restarts the pc it freezes before it finishes booting. I have installed with 2 separate drives same problem, I have...
  7. Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Window 10 Freezes on Fresh installed: Hello, My desktop has been constantly freezing and sometimes giving me BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE ERROR within minutes of window startup. It seems to operate normally in safe mode. What troubleshooting steps can I perform to fix this issue? Desktop Spec. CPU: G4560...
  8. Move Install to New Motherboard, TPM On/Off, and Fresh Start

Move Install to New Motherboard, TPM On/Off, and Fresh Start: In the near future, I'll be moving my drive with my current Windows 10 Professional x64 install over to a new motherboard. It's been a very long time since I first installed this system, but I'm fairly sure that my version is a full retail version and that I can safely move...
  9. Installed new motherboard...problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Installed new motherboard...problems: Greetings I had to install a new motherboard in my wife's computer, the system was flakey. The drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: a DVD burner, and E: was a 2TB Seagate HD. After installing the new motherboard, the drives were C:, a Sandisk ssd, D: was a 2TB Seagate HD., and...
  10. New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot

New Motherboard/Fresh Windows 10 Install Problem After Reboot: Hey everyone, so I just installed an MSI Z170A 1151 M3 motherboard with an i7 6700k CPU. I'm attempting to install Windows 10 pro x64 on an SSD and am running into a problem. The process goes something like this: Boot into BIOS Changed boot order to SSD > Flash Drive >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. new mobo freezing