Windows 10: Freezing problem with your Radeon GPU? This might help

Discus and support Freezing problem with your Radeon GPU? This might help in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; I had a defective Radeon R9 380 GPU that was a constant headache freezing, It was replaced with an ASUS ROG-STRIX RX580 08G. It also occasionally would... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by transmaster, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Freezing problem with your Radeon GPU? This might help

I had a defective Radeon R9 380 GPU that was a constant headache freezing, It was replaced with an ASUS ROG-STRIX RX580 08G. It also occasionally would freeze. I made the mistake of loading the ASUS supplied drivers. I should have know better with my experience with the ASUS Xonar Essence STX soundcard drivers. It tried to load version 17.x.x of the Radeon drivers. But it also loaded Direct X, and C++ drivers, something I have never seen with the direct AMD Radeon drivers. The computer was unusable. I had no choice but to do a reset, with saved files. After this was done I realized that ASUS had somehow loaded older copies of DirectX, and C++. I very much like ASUS stuff but their drivers are a joke. I am not sure if the wrong DirectX, and C++ caused the problem but a check might help. With the reset everything is working great. In the future I think I will do a reset if I am replacing a GPU just to make sure everything is up to date. Given Windows trials and tribulations with their updates it can't hurt. Being able to keep your files when loading a fresh install of Window 10 makes it much easier than in the past.

:)

transmaster, Mar 15, 2019
  2. wt_lesny Win User

Windows Vista Wont Install Freezes?

had the same problem, freezes and long installation including each step loading, in my case a bios update helped.

wt_lesny, Mar 15, 2019
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Having a problem with games freezing.

Actually, @the54thvoid already suggested running Unigine Valley, which is almost completely GPU-dependant, in order to help isolate the GPU as the problem.

rtwjunkie, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Naki Win User

Freezing problem with your Radeon GPU? This might help

GPU-Z 0.7.8 / 0.7.9 / 0.8.0 Bios reading not possible GTX670-solved with gpu-z 0.8.1

@Maban - does GPU-Z fail the same way for you the way it does for me? I.e. total system freeze/lockup, requiring a hard reset?

@W1zzard - I will try the suggested steps later today, as I am not near that PC at the moment.

Thema:

Freezing problem with your Radeon GPU? This might help

1. Freezing problem with your Radeon GPU? This might help - Similar Threads - Freezing problem Radeon

2. Stretched Screen Radeon RX550 GPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stretched Screen Radeon RX550 GPU: Tried everything like display settings, installing latest drivers, etc.This is from Properties - Events:Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_0B041002&REV_C7\4&1c3d25bb&0&0019 had a problem starting.Driver Name: oem61.infClass Guid:...
  3. Stretched Screen Radeon RX550 GPU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stretched Screen Radeon RX550 GPU: Tried everything like display settings, installing latest drivers, etc.This is from Properties - Events:Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_699F&SUBSYS_0B041002&REV_C7\4&1c3d25bb&0&0019 had a problem starting.Driver Name: oem61.infClass Guid:...
  4. Stretched Screen Radeon RX550 GPU

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference: Hlo...I have two gpu in my laptop one is intel Hd 3000 and other one is amd Radeon 7400 M but after the update of windows my valorant is not working because im not able to use my amd gpu in graphics preference option because it is not showing there both power saving gpu and...
  6. Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference: Hlo...I have two gpu in my laptop one is intel Hd 3000 and other one is amd Radeon 7400 M but after the update of windows my valorant is not working because im not able to use my amd gpu in graphics preference option because it is not showing there both power saving gpu and...
  7. Amd Radeon GPU not showing in graphics preference

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can't Access Settings "There's a problem with settings, refreshing your PC might help fix...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Access Settings "There's a problem with settings, refreshing your PC might help fix...: I can't access my updates or screen settings. I'm getting a "This App Can't Open, There's a problem with settings, refreshing you PC might help fix the problem" message. When I attempt to refresh using the "remove applications and leave personal files option" it fails after...
  9. What might be the problem?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What might be the problem?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/OriginalTrumPutin [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/m1w0dh/what_might_be_the_problem/
  10. PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC freezing ... various errors ... gpu problem ??: Hi all, for months now I've been having an issue with my system, and have now decided to starting thinking about seeking refuge on all pc troubleshooting forums Firstly, let me begin with my system specs (i built my system, its about 1.5 years old now, all new parts):...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. radeon freezes

2. radeon pc freeze