Windows 10: Freezing Remote Sessions

Discus and support Freezing Remote Sessions in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am working in customer support and we need to remotely connect to customers PC for solving issues they have. Since Windows 10 I noticed that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Bepo2020, Jan 20, 2020.

1. Bepo2020 Win User

Freezing Remote Sessions

Hi,

I am working in customer support and we need to remotely connect to customers PC for solving issues they have.

Since Windows 10 I noticed that sometimes programs sometimes system programs like Services and sometimes normal software programs stop giving me the possibility to act remotely. Sometimes I can see my mouse moving but no action can be taken and sometimes even the mouse stops moving, but I can see the customer moving their mouse and doing the action I would do.

We are usually logged in with an Administrator account, so I don't think it's connected to permission issues.

For the remote connection we use Fastsupport.

We also upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 remotely, what works mostly quite smoothly but after the upgrade the issue with the freezing starts.

Is it possible that the Upgrade causes issues with the Account the upgrade is being done? Or could it be that it's an issue with UAC?

Thank you for any help,

Bepo

:)

Bepo2020, Jan 20, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Remote desktop connection freezes while using any other window

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the remote desktop session freezes when the session is in idle mode. Couple of our users were able to fix the issue by disabling the audio that comes from the Remote session. I suggest you to try disabling the audio for the remote
    desktop and check if that helps in resolving the issue. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold Windows key + R, to open
      Run box.
    2. Type mstsc and click on OK.
    3. Now, click con Show Options.
    4. Click on Local Resources.
    5. Click on Settings.
    6. Click on Do not play.
    7. Click on OK and try using the Remote connection now.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in TechNet forums,
    where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Remote Desktop connection.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 20, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop - Screen resolution in remote session

I have connected to a remote desktop session and the windows in the remote session are all too small for me to see.

I have edited the remote desktop connection settings and cannot seem to make anything larger.

I am using a new Dell Inspiron Laptop which has a very high screen resolution 3840 x 2160

Any suggestions appreciated

Thank you

GreenlaneAC, Jan 20, 2020
  4. Freezing Remote Sessions

remote session

recover my original account prior to a remote session with microsoft

ShadowBACA, Jan 20, 2020
Thema:

Freezing Remote Sessions

1. Freezing Remote Sessions - Similar Threads - Freezing Remote Sessions

2. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  3. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Remote desktop session disconnections: Hello to all.I have a problem with one of users of my RDS server.Client is Windows 10, server is Windows Server 2016Client works via openvpn connection At start of a work, he has multiple cases of remote desktop session disconnections mostly at first 1-2 hour of working,...
  4. Remote desktop session disconnections

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...
  6. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SCCM remote session locking remote device: Hello,We have SCCM below details installed on a Jump servers and we use it to connect to clients deployed in our environment.In order to connect to the devices, we connect to the Jump server first using PAM and then to the devices.Environment - SCCM2010 v5.2010.1093.3100 &...
  7. SCCM remote session locking remote device

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. The Remote Computer disconnected the session...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The Remote Computer disconnected the session...: I'm trying to set up a new PC in my workplace. We use Remote Desktop to connect to our server, which is an ancient win2000 unit, but I've set up plenty of new Windows 10 machines throughout the office and never had this issue. Normally, I enter the address of the server and...
  9. Is Microsoft remote session real?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is Microsoft remote session real?: Hello, So I have been talking to the microsoft support and they have asked me for a remote session. I do not know if this I don't really trust this due some people having the same thing and got a black screen for hours. But how I got into this support chat is by doing...
  10. Remote lock session

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remote lock session: I would like to be able to remote suspend time allotted for my child's account from time to time -- you know, to get them to come eat, etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remote-lock-session/449a1a86-02e0-48fe-8641-89fd7de8f8e7"