Windows 10: Freezing screen with some type visual glitch

Discus and support Freezing screen with some type visual glitch in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; At random times when I use my laptop, my screen freezes and the screen looks like this. It happens several times a day on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sat1s, Apr 11, 2022.

1. sat1s Win User

Freezing screen with some type visual glitch

At random times when I use my laptop, my screen freezes and the screen looks like this. It happens several times a day on averagehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!At8R_K21-JsJhCkBhRRezewI2AN3?e=ABD8GT

:)

sat1s, Apr 11, 2022
  2. PHVNTOM Win User

PC hits black screen on boot, visual artifacts and freezing

Hi, so for the past week or so my PC has been having problems with random freezing and visual glitches/artifacts appearing on screen when I'm using it. Often it will happen when I'm watching a video, sometimes just a quick freeze/flicker but a few times the screen completely froze with lines everywhere, forcing me to do a hard shutdown.

Well, yesterday is when it went from bad to worse. I was watching a video and the screen and sound suddenly froze, and the screen went a strange brown colour with lines everywhere and I had to hard shutdown. When I booted back up, I encountered a black screen before I could even log on, and had to force shutdown again. Booted up again, same thing. After a third shutdown it began automatic repairs, and after trying to restart normally I once again encountered the black screen. So then I tried going into safe mode with networking and it let me log on as normal, except there were strange green lines everywhere, and on various apps after logging onto the desktop. These are always here now everytime I log on.

This is what it looks like when I restart in safe mode with networking:

Freezing screen with some type visual glitch [​IMG]

A few things I've tried/ruled out:
    • I've ran malware scans and nothing came up, so it doesn't look to be a virus
    • I've tried using a spare monitor and the same problems came up, so it doesn't appear to be an issue with my monitor
    • I've uninstalled my graphics drivers by going onto the device manager and hitting uninstall on my display adapter - after restarting, I'm able to boot up normally and log on at a lower resolution, but after a few minutes of being on the desktop the screen just goes black like before (perhaps because it's reinstalled the drivers?)

I'm running Windows 10 64-bit, version 1903 (OS Build 18362.476). Any help would be appreciated.

PHVNTOM, Apr 11, 2022
  3. Screen Freezing up

Andre, thanks for your suggestions. I performed all steps as you listed and it appears that there were

some problems that have been corrected. I will let you know in a day or so if the "freeze" problem

occurs again. Many thanks for your help --- this took longer than I expected!

Jan

JanetThompsonTX, Apr 11, 2022
  4. John Vil Win User

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Hello Mohammed,

This error can be caused by Runtime components of Visual C++ Libraries missing or software problem. To assist you with your concern, we suggest you download the latest available Visual C++ components found on this article:
    The latest supported Visual C++ downloads.

If the error doesn't let you get past the startup screen and wouldn't let you download the needed components, we suggest you disable the recently installed program on startup. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Click Windows + X.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Go to the Startup tab and right click on the program.
    • Select Disable.
    Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

1. Freezing screen with some type visual glitch - Similar Threads - Freezing screen type

2. Freezing screen with some type visual glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Freezing screen with some type visual glitch: At random times when I use my laptop, my screen freezes and the screen looks like this. It happens several times a day on averagehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!At8R_K21-JsJhCkBhRRezewI2AN3?e=ABD8GT...
  3. Freezing screen with some type visual glitch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Freezing screen with some type visual glitch: At random times when I use my laptop, my screen freezes and the screen looks like this. It happens several times a day on averagehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!At8R_K21-JsJhCkBhRRezewI2AN3?e=ABD8GT...
  4. White visual glitches in some apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    White visual glitches in some apps: Some apps that I have, have this annoying visual glitch I suppose that kinda scares me since it bugs the whole display on the app and moves and some of the apps like crystalize and some just slowly morph in a weird random shape and moves around. Please help.I am using a Dell...
  5. White visual glitches in some apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    White visual glitches in some apps: Some apps that I have, have this annoying visual glitch I suppose that kinda scares me since it bugs the whole display on the app and moves and some of the apps like crystalize and some just slowly morph in a weird random shape and moves around. Please help.I am using a Dell...
  6. Visual glitch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual glitch: Help! My friends pc newly rebuilt is having problems with a visual and a microphone glitch. The only way to describe the visual glitch is a weird screen tear on applications video included, the glitch doesn’t happen on in game but only in certain applications steam, discord,...
  7. Visual glitch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Visual glitch: Help! My friends pc newly rebuilt is having problems with a visual and a microphone glitch. The only way to describe the visual glitch is a weird screen tear on applications video included, the glitch doesn’t happen on in game but only in certain applications steam, discord,...
  8. Visual Glitches

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Visual Glitches: Hello,Since I installed the 21H1 version, I've been seeing some visual glitches in WhatsApp and Discord when enlarging/shrinking an image. I tried reinstalling my display drivers but to no avail. I'm not sure if this is a Windows issue in the first place and would like to get...
  9. Visual Glitches

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Visual Glitches: [ATTACH] Some of my apps (logi capture is only an example) have these visual glitches. Does anyone know if this is related to some windows features like resizing, sharpness and stuff like that? Nvidia and Intel Graphics drivers are updated. Thanks in advance for your...
  10. I'm having visual glitches with some programs

in Windows 10 Support
    I'm having visual glitches with some programs: Hello, I'd like to know why I'm having this specific problem with only these programs. Minecraft launcher League of legends launcher Twitch app Nvidia geforce Now Medal recording program (uninstalled) 151126