Windows 10: Freezing since windows update

Discus and support Freezing since windows update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi I left my pc updating with a windows update last week and since then I am now getting a complete freeze within 10 minutes of starting although... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by stumblingdrunk, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Freezing since windows update

Hi I left my pc updating with a windows update last week and since then I am now getting a complete freeze within 10 minutes of starting although everything appears to be fine. I have tried so many things to fix it and I have ran out of ideas so im desperate for help. I have tried the following:* Going into safe mode (it still restarts)* Doing a windows 10 restart, the first time only deleting the required files, but the second time getting it to remove everything* I have formatted two non-windows drives incase a program was impactin it. I thought it might be steam as it had an issue installing its service when i did a restart but when its completely removed it still freezes* I have run intel diagmnostic tool and the ccpu seems ok* I have run chkdsk and the other hard drive scan (including HDtune) and they appear to be ok* I have completely removed all GPU drivers (using display driver uninstaller) and installed new drivers for by 1080* I have turned off all overclocking* I have installed the latest of all driversusing various driver tool software* After having a clean pc I have gone into safe mnode and it still freezes.* After one reset I turned off the windows update service and it still frozePlease help somebody its driving me crazy *Sad I have added an attachment as the forum mentions

:)

stumblingdrunk, Aug 27, 2017

2. Windows 10 keeps freezing

since recent windows update my screen freezes and goes offline

kerrythorkelsson, Aug 27, 2017
  3. EKatz Win User
    Windows 10 update keeps freezing - will not stop trying

Andre,

It looks like Windows is trying to load the Fall Creators Update. Do you recommend that I try to load it using the media creation tool since the automatic update keeps freezing? Or since the automatic tool keeps freezing, that I should not attempt to update
    to the Fall Creators update?

Thank you for the advice.

EKatz, Aug 27, 2017
  4. zbook New Member

Freezing since windows update

hi stumblingdrunk ,

There were many crashes but no bsod mini dump files.
    Driver update software is in use and that is often problematic.
    It would be best to start with a clean install and manually install drivers so that there are no confounding factors.

Please update the computer specifications:

How To Fill Out Your System Specs

How To Fill Out Your System Specs

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums:

System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

In the left corner below in your post you find 'My System Specs'.

After clicking it you can find a link a little below that says 'Update your System Spec', click on this link to get to the page where you can fill in your system specs.

System Info - See Your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

Please include the following additional information:
    PSU, cooler, case, peripherals (keyboard, mouse, joystick, etc)
    Included printer, xbox, headset, (anything attached to the computer by wireless or wired)

The bios: BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2104, 13/08/2013

Please check to see if there is an update.

Download Windows 10
    Clean Install Windows 10 Windows 10 Installation Upgrade Tutorials

Code: Event[216]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-08-27T10:36:14.877 Event ID: 7001 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-QM9VDBO Description: The Connected Devices Platform Service service depends on the Network Connection Broker service which failed to start because of the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.[/quote] Code: Event[3247]: Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 2017-08-28T07:33:47.671 Event ID: 46 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: DESKTOP-QM9VDBO Description: Crash dump initialization failed![/quote] Code: Event[2788]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-08-27T21:44:43.419 Event ID: 225 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QM9VDBO Description: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Program Files\Bitdefender Antivirus Free\vsserv.exe with process id 3624 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E1E&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_C4\3&11583659&0&E7.[/quote] Code: Event[2820]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-08-27T21:45:18.074 Event ID: 225 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QM9VDBO Description: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\fontdrvhost.exe with process id 112 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FA.[/quote] Code: Event[2823]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-08-27T21:45:18.074 Event ID: 225 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QM9VDBO Description: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Windows\System32\smss.exe with process id 408 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FA.[/quote] Code: Event[2890]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-08-27T21:45:18.074 Event ID: 225 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QM9VDBO Description: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\NvContainer\nvcontainer.exe with process id 3560 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FA.[/quote] Code: Event[2909]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP Date: 2017-08-27T21:45:18.074 Event ID: 225 Task: N/A Level: Warning Opcode: Info Keyword: N/A User: S-1-5-18 User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-QM9VDBO Description: The application \Device\HarddiskVolume6\Program Files (x86)\IObit\Driver Booster\4.5.0\DrvInstall\DpInstX64.exe with process id 5404 stopped the removal or ejection for the device PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E02&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FA.[/quote] Code: Event[47]: Log Name: System Source: Service Control Manager Date: 2017-08-27T10:33:45.003 Event ID: 7023 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: WIN-CLLLEDHJ8SJ Description: The Spooler service terminated with the following error: Ran out of memory[/quote]

zbook, Aug 27, 2017
  5. Thank you for your help. I just wanted to say I tried some more things and think I finally have it sorted! I updated the firmware on all of my SSD drives and the issue seems to have gone. Im not sure why a windows 10 update would require this, but just happy its working now

stumblingdrunk, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Freezing since windows update

1. Freezing since windows update - Similar Threads - Freezing since update

2. Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze.: Since last update, Microsoft Sudoku will freeze when Advertisements change. Mouse function stops and if you move the cursor to a different spot, your last click will happen where the cursor is located thus causing errors in the game...
  3. Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1

Random Freeze since I updated to 21H1: This happens from time to time when I am working, but also many times when I wake up the computer from hibertination. It started when I updated to 21H1 a couple of weeks ago.All of a sudden windows becomes super laggy and unresponsive, as if anything would use a lot of...
  4. Computer freeze up since new update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer freeze up since new update: Ever since the latest update i have had this problem occur twice, my computer just freezes up and i can’t do anything to fix it but shutting it down from the power button submitted by /u/lmDarkLord [link] [comments]...
  5. Freezes since last update

Freezes since last update: I updated to the last update and when i turn on the computer in the first time my mouse freezes when move it and the sound has microshutering. If i tried to restart the computer not restart, stays on the screen restarting... I force the power off and in the second post, the...
  6. Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming

Windows freezing since 2004 update during gaming: Hi guys! I made a mistake by updating my computer to the latest windows version. Unfortunately there must be some drivers conflicting or something forcing my PC to freeze whilst playing videogames. This literally only happens whilst playing games. I've tried; DDU...
  7. PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    PC Randomly Freezes since Windows 10 Update: I updated my PC to Windows 10 from 8.1 in January. Since doing so my PC will randomly freeze completely, resulting in a hard reset.I'm nervous these hard resets will result in data corruption. I've never experienced this before with this particular PC. I've updated ALL...
  8. Windows freezing since last update

Windows freezing since last update: Ever since my last update, my screen freezes and allows no action either by mouse or keyboard. Letting it sit does not work. I have had to re-start to get out of the screen. This happens across the board, not just in a browser. Do I just wait for the next update to "correct"...
  9. Desktop freeze since windows update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop freeze since windows update: Hi guys, Ever since the last update, my desktop would freeze every time I right click on it. I've noticed this trying to auto sort my desktop icons. I've never had this problem before I did a fresh reinstall, which I do once per quarter-ish, so I'm pretty sure it has...
  10. Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 randomly freezes since 1803 update: Hi, Before 1803 update I never had any freezing problem. But after that laptop started to freeze randomly, usually after working a few hours. Then I could not reset it and sent it to the service. They could not find any problem but reset the laptop (formatted) to version...