Windows 10: Freezing up

Discus and support Freezing up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since this past fall (2018) my HP laptop will occasionally freeze. I get a message saying a page I am trying to go to is "unresponsive" and giving me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by CharlesB2, Mar 1, 2019.

1. CharlesB2 Win User

Freezing up

Since this past fall (2018) my HP laptop will occasionally freeze. I get a message saying a page I am trying to go to is "unresponsive" and giving me the option to wait or exit the page. Clicking on either of these options does not make a difference. The pages I have open on other tabs are frozen. I cannot bring up the start menu and "Control-alt-delete" does not come up when I try. The only option seems to be to shut down the computer, using the power button as the start menu does not come up. I am using the Chrome browser. Any suggestions or thoughts?

:)

CharlesB2, Mar 1, 2019
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Mar 1, 2019
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Mar 1, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

Freezing up

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

Freezing up

1. Freezing up - Similar Threads - Freezing

2. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...: Hi, so I own an Asus TUF F-15 for over 2 years but since from the start of 2023 I'm getting a random disconnect from wifi, my laptop suddenly like in a freeze like state and usually it will end up with BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've tried using an usb wireless adapter to...
  3. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...: Hi, so I own an Asus TUF F-15 for over 2 years but since from the start of 2023 I'm getting a random disconnect from wifi, my laptop suddenly like in a freeze like state and usually it will end up with BSOD DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I've tried using an usb wireless adapter to...
  4. Asus Tuf gaming f15 freezing, wifi driver goes off error code 45 and windows run into...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  6. Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart

Cannot enable memory integrity - freeze and bsod after restart: Memory integrity setting is off and I can't leave it on without Windows crashing. If I turn it on, Windows asks to restart. When I restart, Windows freezes at the loading screen with spinning circle and after some time crashes with bsod and error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION....
  7. Entire PC freezing while playing/after closing out games ASUS Tuf Gaming Fa617NS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Entire PC freezing while playing/after closing out games ASUS Tuf Gaming Fa617NS: Hello, I am having an issue where I will be playing games on my gaming laptop, then it suddenly freezes and everything becomes unresponsive. The only way to fix it, is to lose all progress on whatever I am working on, and force restart my laptop VIA the power button.When the...
  8. Entire PC freezing while playing/after closing out games ASUS Tuf Gaming Fa617NS

Entire PC freezing while playing/after closing out games ASUS Tuf Gaming Fa617NS: Hello, I am having an issue where I will be playing games on my gaming laptop, then it suddenly freezes and everything becomes unresponsive. The only way to fix it, is to lose all progress on whatever I am working on, and force restart my laptop VIA the power button.When the...
  9. PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.: This has started happening and so far has happened twice. starting a match in Rocket League, other times it happend by just playing music on Spotify. my screen froze and made a buzzing sound. A few seconds after, my PC just restarted....
  10. PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.

PC freezes, makes a buzzing sound, and restarts.: This has started happening and so far has happened twice. starting a match in Rocket League, other times it happend by just playing music on Spotify. my screen froze and made a buzzing sound. A few seconds after, my PC just restarted....