Windows 10: Freezing when using or removing USB? Optical Drive not found?

Discus and support Freezing when using or removing USB? Optical Drive not found? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So here's how it goes. Yesterday I took the plunge, and decided to reformat. Now I'm having a few issues, and I've spent most of the day trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Tat, Feb 14, 2016.

1. TAT
    Tat Win User

Freezing when using or removing USB? Optical Drive not found?

So here's how it goes.

Yesterday I took the plunge, and decided to reformat. Now I'm having a few issues, and I've spent most of the day trying to figure this out, to no avail.

To start, when everything was finished and ready for me to set it up, my mouse and keyboard would NOT work. Ended up working when I plugged them into the USB 3.0 slots.. which is odd considering everything I've seen says the exact opposite.. oh well, it worked, so whatever.

I've tried moving them back to the USB 2.0 slots, but when I disconnect/reconnect them, the PC freezes.

Also, I'm an artist - I use a wacom drawing tablet.. and it was FINE until I reformatted, but now when I plug it in, same thing.. PC freezes. I've tried plugging it in when the PC was turned off, and then everything starts up fine - the tablet blinks a white light and is never recognized by windows. If I unplug it, everything freezes.

On top of this, my CD/DVD drive isn't being recognized. I believe this was an issue since I upgraded to Windows 10, as I tried to burn a CD shortly after and it wouldn't work, but I let it go, it wasn't a big deal. Now it simply.. doesn't work at all.

I've tried so many different ways to fix this and nothing is working. Please help me *Sad

---

Operating System Windows 10 Home 64-bitCPU Intel Core i7 3770 @ 3.40GHz
    Ivy Bridge 22nm TechnologyRAM 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd. H67MA-USB3-B3 (Socket 1155)Graphics 2351 (1920x1080@60Hz)
    2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 430 (Gigabyte)Storage 1863GB Seagate ST2000DL003-9VT166 ATA Device (SATA)Optical Drives No optical disk drives detectedAudio Realtek High Definition Audio

Freezing when using or removing USB? Optical Drive not found? [​IMG]

:)

2. Windows 10 Freezes When Optical Drive is Used

Hello Auggy,

Problem solved. I updated the AMD sata driver, but that did not help because my optical drives were on sata port 7 and 8 which are controlled by the Jmicron JMB362. Finally found a certified Jmicron driver that would load, and no more problems.

HansGruberPC, Feb 14, 2016
  3. Windows 10 Freezes When Optical Drive is Used

Auggy you legend!

My issue was on a Packard Bell Intel laptop, been trying to figure this one out for ages now. Installed the manufacturers SATA drivers and viola! problem solved!

Much appreciated - Adam

Adam Bryant, Feb 14, 2016
Thema:

Freezing when using or removing USB? Optical Drive not found?

1. Freezing when using or removing USB? Optical Drive not found? - Similar Threads - Freezing using removing

2. USB Portable Optical Drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Portable Optical Drive not working: Hi,I recently got a USB Portable Optical Drive, but it's not working.I plug it into my pc with a drive inside and an F drive pops up. I select it and it shows the Windows green loading bar for 5 mins, before the device's light turns off and it has to be unplugged and plugged...
  3. USB Portable Optical Drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Portable Optical Drive not working: Hi,I recently got a USB Portable Optical Drive, but it's not working.I plug it into my pc with a drive inside and an F drive pops up. I select it and it shows the Windows green loading bar for 5 mins, before the device's light turns off and it has to be unplugged and plugged...
  4. optical drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  5. optical drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    optical drive: so, my optical drive is only reading blank disks. when I insert a blank disk, it reads without a problem, but when I insert a disk thhat has even 1 byte, the drive goes crazy and does not read. i would like an answer to that....
  6. optical drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    optical drive: just bought a new desk top PC. manual shows that there is an optical drive eject button but I don't see it in my PC. am I equipped with optical drive or no? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/optical-drive/ff81eee5-343a-42cc-b7f8-31d2e4a2b445
  7. Internal optical drive seen as removable drive

Internal optical drive seen as removable drive: Hi guys, I've got a CQ62 running an AMD processor. It's working great in every way but one. The internal CD/DVD burner is seen as a removable drive, and is inaccessible. Under Device Manager it's listed under Disk Drives, whereas normally it should be under DVD/CD Drives....
  8. optical drive

optical drive: is not listed in devices and wont find it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/optical-drive/0fdeeee8-96a7-42b5-801d-ed31c57d2c14
  9. How to use these different types of USB 3.1 ports & Optical Drive

How to use these different types of USB 3.1 ports & Optical Drive: I am checking out some Windows 10 laptops on-line Without regard to Make/Model at this time, please help me understand these USB 3.1 ports Ports: 1 USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1 (data up to 5Gb/s) • 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 (data transfer only). USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1 (data up to 5Gb/s)...
  10. Using Apple Super optical drive

Using Apple Super optical drive: Trying to use an Apple optical drive on my HP Windows 10 laptop does not want to work. Should it? 100613