Windows 10: Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan

Discus and support Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When ever I go to the control panel/ hardware and sound/ device manager and select "scan for hardware changes" my entire system freezes. Due to this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The Builder, Jul 6, 2019.

1. Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan

When ever I go to the control panel/ hardware and sound/ device manager and select "scan for hardware changes" my entire system freezes. Due to this fact it has also prevented me from installing my R9 390X because when its drivers from AMD go to check my installed hardware it causes the freeze then too.

:)

The Builder, Jul 6, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 6, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    windows 10 mail app freezes

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

From what you have mentioned, I would suggest you to try these steps to see if it resolves the issue.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your touch pad.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel

• Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel

• Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter

Refer the link below.

Note: Please don’t run app troubleshooter in the link. This applies to windows 10 also.

windows 10 mail app freezes

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 6, 2019
  4. Mayra Aqu Win User

Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan

1. Freezing Windows 10 during hardware scan - Similar Threads - Freezing during hardware

2. Windows freezes during installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows freezes during installation: What things can prevent a OEM PC from installing windows and freezes it on windows logo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-freezes-during-installation/5caf88b2-5d03-49d3-a9d1-dbdb67d265ec
  3. Windows freezes during installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows freezes during installation: What things can prevent a OEM PC from installing windows and freezes it on windows logo. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-freezes-during-installation/5caf88b2-5d03-49d3-a9d1-dbdb67d265ec
  4. windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows 10 control panel "scan for hardware changes" freezes windows 10: I have run DISM and DSC /scannow run scan for hardware changes all inclusive or with any heading selected and after 5 seconds or so, a complete freeze this is on a very recent completely clean install of windows 10 on a clean ssd drive and minimal installation of software...
  5. Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 freezes during shutdown and sleep: I have a Lenovo laptop with Windows 10 Pro. PROBLEM: After resume from sleep, the system failed to start and made a pop sound. After that the system freezes whenever I try to shut it down or use sleep. The screen is off but the power & charge leds and fan is still on. It...
  6. Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hardware Causing Windows 10 to Freeze?: I am having random complete freezes happen on my pc where the computer is entirely frozen - no response to any input. The only way to fix it is to long-hold the power button to restart the PC. I'm running Windows 10 Pro with the following hardware: Intel i5-6500 Asus GTX...
  7. windows freezing during update

windows freezing during update: the last windows update did not totally load. It stopped at 35%. My surface pro is now stuck and will not boot properly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-freezing-during-update/1ab35f6b-2164-44ee-9f87-9bef3b370894
  8. Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games

Freeze and BSOD in Windows 10 during games: Hey. *Smile I have been having an issue for a few weeks now where my computer will BSOD or freeze whenever I play certain games. At first I thought it was a specific game (Xcom 2) that was doing it, but it has since started happening while playing other games that...
  9. Windows 10 Freezing - SSD scans

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Freezing - SSD scans: I have been getting issues with windows 10 and freezing. Everything would freeze up but my mouse stills moves around. I have read a bunch of posts with possible fixes, and done a handful of things to try fix it. My PC froze again last night after all my attempts, and I...
  10. System completely freezes when scanning for new/changed hardware.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System completely freezes when scanning for new/changed hardware.: Hi, My PC completely freezes when detecting hardware changes (device manager) after about 3-4 seconds. I've left it for 1h+ to see if anything happens over time, nothing. Tried it in safe mode, same problem. Removed geforce drivers, same problem When frozen, all...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when i scan for hardware change smy computer freezes up

2. windows 10 1903 freeze during upgrade

3. windows 10 1903 freeze during virus scan