Windows 10: Freezing

Discus and support Freezing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help me figure out why my home screen freezes and won't let me open programs. I have to use end task option. I have gone to all the reasons why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wmontgomery35, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:47 AM.

1. Freezing

Please help me figure out why my home screen freezes and won't let me open programs. I have to use end task option.

I have gone to all the reasons why including screen resolutions.

Thank you.

:)

wmontgomery35, Dec 6, 2018 at 8:47 AM
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

4. peach1971 Win User

Freezing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

Thema:

Freezing

1. Freezing - Similar Threads - Freezing

2. Mouse Freezes after some time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse Freezes after some time.: My mouse(Dell) stops working after some time until i restart my laptop.It shows light but won't move and it happens every time and I really need someone help to fix this. Mouse works fine with other devices. Things I have tried. 1. Device manager > Uninstall HiD compliant...
  3. SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SSD/Windows Boot Drive running at 100% and causing Freezing: So for about 2 weeks now my 2 month old gaming pc has been acting up. It constantly freezes after a couple of seconds for up to a minute. I've opened task manager and seen that my Disk 1 Drive or my ssd that I have windows on (I have 1 ssd and 1 hdd) Is running at 100% for no...
  4. Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Random freeze preceeded by sudden speaker static: Hello. I've been dealing with random freezes on my PC for just over a month now. At the moment, it happens about every 3-4 days, though initially it was about once a week or so (first 3 times: Nov 9th, 17th, 26th). While the first handful of freezes were during idling, it...
  5. Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows file explorer keeps freezing and crashing.: Hi. It's been more than one month that I'm having this problems with Windows 10 Enterprise. I don't know what's causing it, but here's whats happening: When some program, game or similar needs to open "open file" and even sometimes "Save file as", the windows from File...
  6. Windows 7 freezes at 'Welcome' screen after login

Windows 7 freezes at 'Welcome' screen after login: after receiving an update, have not been able to get past the welcome screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-freezes-at-welcome-screen-after-login/8efac97f-3a5c-4770-bee1-d46d4b28c5a6
  7. Windows 10 screen freezes and buzzing

Windows 10 screen freezes and buzzing: Why cannot anybody fix my windows 10 from constantly freezing, followed by a loud buzzing? I have reset my computer mutiple times and followed every suggestion...
  8. windows explorer keeps freezing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows explorer keeps freezing: windows explorer keeps freezing i do not have firefox installed i use chrome as my web browser. any time i use windows explorer to view files/folder on my computer it keeps freezing....
  9. window 10 octobe update freezing

in Windows 10 Customization
    window 10 octobe update freezing: I have a problem with window 10 October update, my laptop was working well with the previous window 10 after installing window 10 October update my laptop started randomly freezing up. mouse wouldn't move, keyboard does nothing, I waited for three hours and nothing worked...
  10. Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes

Computer Restarts/Freezes/Crashes when it's left alone for a few minutes: For about 3 weeks now, if I leave my computer alone for a few minutes, it either restarts, freezes, or crashes. When it freezes, there isn't anything I can do but shut it down. Any kind of input doesn't do anything. If it crashes, I get a blue :( screen and it gets stuck on...