Windows 10: Freezing

Discus and support Freezing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help me figure out why my home screen freezes and won't let me open programs. I have to use end task option. I have gone to all the reasons why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wmontgomery35, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Freezing

Please help me figure out why my home screen freezes and won't let me open programs. I have to use end task option.

I have gone to all the reasons why including screen resolutions.

Thank you.

:)

wmontgomery35, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 6, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

Freezing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Freezing

1. Freezing - Similar Threads - Freezing

2. My School Laptop Freezes Randomly When Charging.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My School Laptop Freezes Randomly When Charging.: It usually happens whenever I am leaving the room for something. (e.g. Bathroom). When I come back it is completely frozen and I have to turn it off. And no... It doesn't overheat in said situation. It is an Enterprise Dell Latitude 3180 with Windows 10 Pro. average 1.80 GHz....
  3. Windows 10 keeps freezing the mouse and keyboard

Windows 10 keeps freezing the mouse and keyboard: Hi there! I'm a part of an IT department in a hospital. all the clients here are joint to a domain. it's just about a month that most of the client systems keep hanging. The mouse and the keyboard don't work and we have to restart the whole machine with the physical reset...
  4. SYSTEM FREEZE PROBLEM

in Windows 10 Customization
    SYSTEM FREEZE PROBLEM: My system freezes often when charger is plugged so i have to restart by the power button.so please help me out with that. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-freeze-problem/6889990d-44f6-453f-a5e9-22f55e7a89c5
  5. Screen brightness control freezes

Screen brightness control freezes: Hello, I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10. Ever since the last update of windows I have had a problem with my screen brightness. When the laptop boots up the brightness control function works - I can control the brightness by either the keyboard dedicated keys, or by...
  6. Windows 10 Freezes

Windows 10 Freezes: My laptop has started to freeze randomly. Use windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-freezes/a2167904-2195-4468-924d-1be70dfe4506
  7. Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes

Ongoing Windows 10 Crashes and Freezes: Hi there, I'm hoping y'all can help with this since I've tried everything I can think of and that I can find online, without success. I have deployed a single Windows 10 workstation in my small business environment and have had ongoing Windows 10 crashes and freezes. This...
  8. Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 and 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 and 1903: System affected : Toshiba L55W-C5259 Micro freezes and lockups with install of 1809 or 1903. This started with the 1809 release and got worse in the 1903 release. Before these releases, all worked fine without the freezing and lockups. It starts right from the booting of...
  9. Event 10016, DistributedCOM error freezing my pc

Event 10016, DistributedCOM error freezing my pc: Hey My PC has been freezing up for a few secound randomly for a few month now an it seems to be cuased by this error everytime i've checked event viewer. This is a new PC bought by IBUYPOWER around black friday. I had mostly ingnored this issue as it wasnt cuasing me much...
  10. Laptop Freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Freezes: My laptop Hp is very slow, it hangs constantly. When I'm working with it it freezes https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-freezes/ec88b611-2fe5-4c14-a111-a734f571c750