Windows 10: Freezing

Discus and support Freezing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Please help me figure out why my home screen freezes and won't let me open programs. I have to use end task option. I have gone to all the reasons why... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wmontgomery35, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Freezing

Please help me figure out why my home screen freezes and won't let me open programs. I have to use end task option.

I have gone to all the reasons why including screen resolutions.

Thank you.

:)

wmontgomery35, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Dec 6, 2018
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Dec 6, 2018
  4. peach1971 Win User

Freezing

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Freezing

1. Freezing - Similar Threads - Freezing

2. games freeze computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    games freeze computer: game error Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service Date: 15/02/2019 19:21:58 Event ID: 1534 Task Category: None Level: Warning Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: MARIOMATA2019...
  3. A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder: A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-right-click-on-the-desktop-to-select-new-freezes/9af3b440-95ce-46c9-8ec2-d6cf1625a3c4
  4. Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809

Screen freezes after Windows 10 upgrading to 1809: The screen freezes and clicking the cursor anywhere on the screen is invalid.Sometimes right-clicking the cursor in the taskbar is valid, but I can't click on any item in the list.If this happens while I'm using the browser(all browser), the page content won't be affected....
  5. Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Asus X54N1A Freezing When Charging - Idle: I've been having issues where when plugged in and left untouched, after about 8 minutes, the computer hard freezes and restarts itself after around 10 minutes after freezing. This is really frustrating as I've taken breaks from working only to return to my laptop restarted....
  6. Screen freezes on Windows 10 HP Desktop

Screen freezes on Windows 10 HP Desktop: My screen freezes up sporadically, particularly when idle and most often while streaming Netflix. Screen stops and on comes a loud buzz. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-freezes-on-windows-10-hp-desktop/8b96b0f7-e84d-4638-947d-655c6f96a769
  7. My machine slows an freezes

My machine slows an freezes: My machine slows and freezes and I keep getting 'not responding' .It happens in edge, chrome and other software. I run checks regularly but it works fine then happens again...
  8. My PC freezes after approx 5 mins of non activity. any ideas how to stop this happening?

My PC freezes after approx 5 mins of non activity. any ideas how to stop this happening?: see subject https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-freezes-after-approx-5-mins-of-non-activity/357326ba-4a67-42df-8c72-5476e26154aa
  9. BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing

BSoD's - IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED and random freezing: (I put this in drivers section on accident before) I keep getting BSoD's, mostly the two listed in the title. This has been happening for months, and it's getting on my nerves. It happens at least twice a day. I have updated/ rolled back every driver, tested every component...
  10. Windows DVD player freezing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows DVD player freezing: When using Windows DVD player, every time I click full screen or ratio change while it is unpaused, it freezes and I have to close and reopen it for it to play again. Now it also freezes if I pause it, do something else, and resume it. The audio is fine, it is the video that...