Windows 10: French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?

Discus and support French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a laptop Asus R301L which means that I don't have a numeric keyboard and the keyboard is a German one. How can I type the French ç ? I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by namtor, Dec 3, 2016.

1. namtor Win User

French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?

Hi,

I have a laptop Asus R301L which means that I don't have a numeric keyboard and the keyboard is a German one. How can I type the French ç ? I can't use the ASCII code because I don't have a numeric keyboard and there is no shortcut on my keyboard. Any idea?

Many thanks.

:)

namtor, Dec 3, 2016
  2. n_firm Win User

E6-00 update: Most of languages gone

The point is:

This device has a physical portuguese keyboard (even the "ç" key is there).

Since I've upgraded in the most standard possible way: Connect device to Ovi Suite --> Ovi found a new fw release --> I just did the "normal" upgrade.

Before there were plenty of languages on the language menu, including obvously Portuguese.

Now I have English, French, German, romanian (?), and a few other.

Portuguese gone, even knowing this is a portuguese keyboarded device :-(

n_firm, Dec 3, 2016
  3. Abi99 (2) Win User
    swaping of button in nokia asha 302

Nokia did not release all firmware versions for all firmware variants. That was quite common for Nokia Mobile Phones because they used the term ‘version’ different than many others do.

You have to ask in that board for help. They mix the firmware files from two different firmware
    variants: The French variant is used as basis and the PPM file is replaced by the one from firmware variant which matches your keyboard. I never did or even tried that, furthermore, I do not know whether they use a special tool for that. You have to
    ask there.

Because of the ¿, ç, Ñ and the ‘Car’ on the Bluetooth button. Anyway, just a guess. This is not an Englisch, French, or German keyboard.

Abi99 (2), Dec 3, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

The letter ç can be typed using French input language (keyboard layout) with the same key you get digit 9, top row of alphanumeric keys (just under the Function keys).

French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard? [​IMG]

Keypress
    French layout
    German layout
    UK layout
    US layout
    9 ç 9 9 9 SHIFT + 9 9 ) ( ( AltGR + 9 N/A ] N/A N/A
    Simply add French input language (keyboard layout) to your system and switch to it whenever you need it. To add French input language go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language, select your display language, click Options:

Click Add a keyboard, browse to French and add it:

When done and you'll need to type using French layout, click the language indicator in notification area and select preferred input language:

Please notice, because I have the Taskbar vertical on left, screenshot above might look different than your actual Taskbar and Notification area. Using the default Taskbar on bottom, the language indicator is next to clock at bottom right corner of your display.

That's it. All letter ç in this post were typed simply by switching my usual Finnish input language temporarily to French, using a physical keyboard device with German key layout.

Kari, Dec 3, 2016
  5. namtor Win User
    Hi Kari,

Thanks for your answer but this is not exactly what I'm looking for. Of course I can switch from one keyboard to another but honestly this is not really great to do it each 30 seconds. If I want to type the letter é, with the German keyboard there is a combination but there is no combination for the ç.
    For example, it would be great if I can add a keyboard shortcut like Alt Gr + c = ç. Do you know if this is possible? Per default on the German keyboard (and probably others as well), Alt Gr + E = €, which is really great.

namtor, Dec 5, 2016
  6. Kari Win User
    It's of course up to you.

My previous post gives you the only viable and usable solution and answer to your question. You are of course free to search other workarounds.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard? - Similar Threads - French German keyboard

2. How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to convert a German Windows, German keyboard to an English Windows with Danish keyboard: I recently purchased a 2. hand Lenovo ThinkPad T590 from Germany with a German Windows 10 Pro and German keyboard installed.I tried to change language to English and the keyboard layout to Danish. At first everything looked fine, but it shows up that there are a lot of German...
  3. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  4. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  5. Figuring out the german keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Figuring out the german keyboard: I am trying to get used to my laptop and the german keyboard is confusing me a little bit. For example, I haven't figured it out how to type @ yet. I tried to find a guide to the german keyboard on windows 10 but i can't seem to. It'd be great if anyone could help me out. I'm...
  6. USB numeric keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB numeric keyboard: The num lock on the auxiliary numeric key board locks the alpha keyboard as well. Impossible to use on spreadsheet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-numeric-keyboard/fa3a5b27-75ef-408e-b84b-a6fa6f0e2b8b
  7. numeric keyboard error

numeric keyboard error: since two weeks numeric keyboard showing error, when I type 7 it is type 79, also other numbers work same. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/numeric-keyboard-error/773ec80e-118d-4e32-b69b-9a57f05264c6
  8. German keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    German keyboard: Hello, Recently a keyboard language appeared out of nowhere in my windows, the German keyboard. [ATTACH] As you can see in the screenshot, the German keyboard appears despite not being reflected in the windows settings. I read in another post that I had to enter the...
  9. FRENCH KEYBOARD

FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...
  10. Keyboard Numeric Pad

Keyboard Numeric Pad: Numeric Key Pad does not work for Numbers and that is true for 5 different Keyboards attempted. Some Wireless and some tethered. Must be a Win 10 glitch. Any Solutions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. french c on german keybord