Windows 10: French Canadian language keyboard

Discus and support French Canadian language keyboard in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by V.L. Brunton, Sep 2, 2022.

1. French Canadian language keyboard

As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when accessing the keys, either from the „soft“ keyboard or a physical keyboard, it appears that it's really the very basic Canadian Bilingual keyboard.That is to say, when using the French Canadian keyboard, the keys do not behave as advertised on the „soft“ keyboard.For a reference of other language keyboards, see A Visual Compari

:)

V.L. Brunton, Sep 2, 2022
  2. trogne Win User

canadian french keyboard missing

Hi,

New computer.

I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen.

Then I restarted, and there was windows updates.

Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the keyboard is not good (I need the one using the blue keys).

How can I get back the "Canadian French" keyboard ?

Patrick

trogne, Sep 2, 2022
  3. Yetong Win User
    Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French)

I have to switch between multiple keyboard languages on a daily basis with Windows+Space, but the keyboard languages are all over the place, making switching between languages extremely annoying. I have a keyboard with US layout. These happen on both my
    desktop and my laptop.

When I say "French (Canada)" or "Français (Canada)", I refer to the windows language.

When I say "Canadian French" and "Canadian French (Legacy)", I refer to the keyboard layouts

1. I have set Canada as my location, as it is where I live, but this causes the keyboard to randomly have both
    English (United States) and
    English (Canada) as languages despite the fact that I only have
    English (United States) with
    US keyboard in languages. They are exactly the same and I would like to somehow get rid of
    English (Canada). Usually there is only one of them.

2. My french settings keep randomly switching. I usually use the Canadian French keyboard layout and I only have Canadian French in the languages settings under
    French (Canada)

Sometimes, "Canadian French (Legacy)" (which behaves very differently when it comes to accents) is added and selected. I have never added "Canadian French (Legacy)" myself and it is not listed in settings despite appearing
    in the language bar and being selectable and usable. In other words, it randomly adds and switches keyboards.

I used to be able to fix this by going into Languages/Français (Canada), adding some random layout (like dutch or whatever) so that I can remove
    Canadian French (as it's the only one listed despite the fact that both
    Canadian French and Canadian French (Legacy) are in the language bar), re-adding
    Canadian French, and finally removing the random layout I added. This fix only works temporarily as it can happen again at any time and when rebooting.

This is driving me crazy as I have to switch between 4 different languages often (for example, accessing both french and english quotation marks) and this messes up big time with my muscle memory of Windows+Spacing to switch. If I miss the language I was
    aiming for, I have to press space through all the list to get back where I was. My language bar also becomes pretty huge.

My language bar when it happens.

French Canadian language keyboard 173f99e4-2d63-4de5-bbb8-53c168a123f5?upload=true.png

The language settings. Notice how English (United States is not a language)

French Canadian language keyboard b15417a5-d7bc-485f-a96f-4f14a67b3f1d?upload=true.png

Yetong, Sep 2, 2022
  4. trogne Win User

French Canadian language keyboard

canadian french keyboard missing

Actually, I just needed to restart the computer.
    Then I saw "Canadian French" again.

trogne, Sep 2, 2022
Thema:

French Canadian language keyboard

1. French Canadian language keyboard - Similar Threads - French Canadian language

2. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...
  3. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...
  4. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. French Canadian language keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Canadian language keyboard: As of Windows 11, I no longer have the Canadian Multilingual keyboard.It appears to be replaced with something called the French Canadian keyboard. BUT!When using the on screen so-called „soft“ keyboard, it appears to be the Canadian Intermediate keyboard – but – when...
  6. Windows update changed French Canadian Keyboard style

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update changed French Canadian Keyboard style: After a recent Windows 10 Update I can no longer use the French Canadian keyboard because I've lost access to necessary letters. It seems the new layout relies on additional keys that my laptop keyboard does not have and therefore the only way I can get certain accented...
  7. Accents on French Canadian Keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accents on French Canadian Keyboard: Hello! I've started using the French Canadian keyboard setup on my standard keyboard because I'm writing in French more and more. My only problem is that everyone says that the ' button second from the right on the caps row should let me then press any letter and get an...
  8. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...
  9. Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French)

Keyboard languages are all over the place (English US/Canada, Canadian French): I have to switch between multiple keyboard languages on a daily basis with Windows+Space, but the keyboard languages are all over the place, making switching between languages extremely annoying. I have a keyboard with US layout. These happen on both my desktop and my laptop....
  10. canadian french keyboard missing

in Windows 10 Support
    canadian french keyboard missing: Hi, New computer. I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen. Then I restarted, and there was windows updates. Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the...