Windows 10: French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly

Discus and support French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fog13k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j13gxn/french_france_keyboard_layout_broken_suddenly/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fog13k, Sep 27, 2020.

1. /u/fog13k Win User

French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly

/u/fog13k, Sep 27, 2020
  2. kensiko Win User

Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

kensiko, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Sep 27, 2020
  4. French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly

W10 update keyboard layout corrupted _ set to English but appears French?

W10 updated today; now keyboard layout corrupted _ correctly set to English but appears to act as French? This is very difficult to type

I should also have said that I am in France on holiday and w10 was updated here

GeorgeHoward52, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly

1. French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly - Similar Threads - French France Keyboard

2. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  3. Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.: HiI started to write today and noticed that my french keyboard layout was not there anymore. I had to download a language, the only one for Canada being French Canada but the layout is not the same as the one I had. In the past there was more than one french canadian layout....
  4. Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.: HiI started to write today and noticed that my french keyboard layout was not there anymore. I had to download a language, the only one for Canada being French Canada but the layout is not the same as the one I had. In the past there was more than one french canadian layout....
  5. Broken french keyboard layout Azerty after playing Dark Messiah of Might And Magic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Broken french keyboard layout Azerty after playing Dark Messiah of Might And Magic: Hi, Here's the issue I'm facing: After playing Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, I encountered a relatively common bug where a broken french keyboard layout would get installed to the computer. The issue is that being french, it seemed to have corrupted my french keyboard...
  6. Broken keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Broken keyboard layout: Hi, the french (France) keyboard layout suddenly broke in my current Win installation i can't use it anymore, i used the french (Belgium) layout as a workaround for now but it has some minor differences that are annoying. I can't see it in the layout list anymore as you can...
  7. French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode

French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode: I added the only French AZERTY keyboard available under the Windows 10 language setting, but the touch screen keyboard in the tablet mode[ATTACH]doesn't seem to be this installed keyboard. For example, if I type the three rows on the touch keyboard see the screen shot, I...
  8. French keyboard layout unavailable?

French keyboard layout unavailable?: Hello, I'm currently using a French laptop, with a French keyboard, with the language of my system set as English UK. I did not have any trouble for years but recently I have been unable to use my French keyboard as it seems that it has disappeared from the language...
  9. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...
  10. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...