Windows 10: French keyboard layout unavailable?

Discus and support French keyboard layout unavailable? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I'm currently using a French laptop, with a French keyboard, with the language of my system set as English UK. I did not have any trouble for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AntoineR_96, May 30, 2020.

1. French keyboard layout unavailable?

Hello,

I'm currently using a French laptop, with a French keyboard, with the language of my system set as English UK. I did not have any trouble for years but recently I have been unable to use my French keyboard as it seems that it has disappeared from the language selection menu. As you can see in the picture below, the french keyboard is now blank and has disappeared from the "Add a keyboard" selection menu.

Do you have any solution to this issue?

Thank you in advance,

French keyboard layout unavailable? 2400e321-f7cc-4cfb-8559-5e9874b7ea05?upload=true.png

:)

AntoineR_96, May 30, 2020

2. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, May 30, 2020
  3. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right

Hi,

Windows keyboard layouts differ greatly. Based on your description, you are currently using
    Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard layout. The setting that you are looking for may be for the
    Canadian French keyboard layout. To make sure, and to give you more information about
    Microsoft Windows keyboard layouts, you can click on the link below:

Windows Keyboard Layouts

Cheers.

Freddrick Pal, May 30, 2020
  4. French keyboard layout unavailable?

No way to install French Canada CAFR keyboard in windows 10 1903

Hi, thank you for being here.

At this point I just cannot work with my new PC, because of this keyboard is unavailable. I spend hours daily to type for my work.

Previously in window 10, it uses to be many options: Canadian Multilingual CMS, French Canada FRA (both are the same) and "Canada French" CAFR , wich is very different, and which I am looking for.

In the new 1903 interface, all languages are alphabetically listed by language and country... My idea is that doing so Microsoft changed "Canada French" for "French Canada" and doing so get a second"French Canada", thought it was the same, and discarded the good one. Doing so, the two left to choose from are alike.

By the way,this is the "standard" keyboard here, since old IBM typewritter times...

I looked everywhere on the net: they are many how-to or guide for that, but all these solutions are for previous version of Windows 10 which don't apply with the new interface and options.

Is is a way I may download this keyboard and add it to the list ? To buy it from somewhere or else?
    Or to copy it from another Windows 10 PC and add it myself (but how? )

I do really do need it.
    Thank you.

Note
    In CAFR keyboard he accents and special symbols commonly used are differently placed, and all easily available. This is a different layout than Canadian Multilingual French CMS or French Canada (legacy) FRA layout (who are similar).
    By the way, here it is the original standard keyboard here since IBM typewriter old times... Sure not the one to be discarded. Here is a pic from wikipedia .
    French keyboard layout unavailable? [​IMG]

charlotte17, May 30, 2020
Thema:

French keyboard layout unavailable?

1. French keyboard layout unavailable? - Similar Threads - French keyboard layout

2. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  3. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  4. Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.: HiI started to write today and noticed that my french keyboard layout was not there anymore. I had to download a language, the only one for Canada being French Canada but the layout is not the same as the one I had. In the past there was more than one french canadian layout....
  5. Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.: HiI started to write today and noticed that my french keyboard layout was not there anymore. I had to download a language, the only one for Canada being French Canada but the layout is not the same as the one I had. In the past there was more than one french canadian layout....
  6. KEYBOARD LAYOUT FOR FRENCH USER while resetting password in windows account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    KEYBOARD LAYOUT FOR FRENCH USER while resetting password in windows account: Hey GuysIm working with IKEA company as IT. WE ran into a issue lately while users in store try to reset their own password. It all starts when you are connected to the Login page not dekstop one but login!!!!. Youo have under the password case a inscription in white...
  7. French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fog13k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j13gxn/french_france_keyboard_layout_broken_suddenly/
  8. French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode: I added the only French AZERTY keyboard available under the Windows 10 language setting, but the touch screen keyboard in the tablet mode[ATTACH]doesn't seem to be this installed keyboard. For example, if I type the three rows on the touch keyboard see the screen shot, I...
  9. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...
  10. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

in Windows 10 Customization
    canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to type french accent marks on english keyboard