Windows 10: FRENCH KEYBOARD

Discus and support FRENCH KEYBOARD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by FinnCorn, Feb 21, 2019.

1. FinnCorn Win User

FRENCH KEYBOARD

Hello everyone,

I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^ instead of ^. I also tried with the US international keyboard but it still doesn't work: ' becomes '' and ^ becomes ^^ (which means I can't type the letters I want).

Thank you guys so much!

:)

FinnCorn, Feb 21, 2019
  2. kensiko Win User

Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

kensiko, Feb 21, 2019
  3. trogne Win User
    canadian french keyboard missing

Hi,

New computer.

I could select the "Canadian French" language for the keyboard. This way I can use the blue characters on my HP omen.

Then I restarted, and there was windows updates.

Now, "Canadian French" keyboard disapeared ! I can use "French", but the keyboard is not good (I need the one using the blue keys).

How can I get back the "Canadian French" keyboard ?

Patrick

trogne, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Kari Win User

FRENCH KEYBOARD

French ç with a German keyboard without a numeric keyboard?

The letter ç can be typed using French input language (keyboard layout) with the same key you get digit 9, top row of alphanumeric keys (just under the Function keys).

FRENCH KEYBOARD [​IMG]

[table][tr][td]Keypress [/td] [td]French layout [/td] [td]German layout [/td] [td]UK layout [/td] [td]US layout [/td] [/tr] [tr][td]9[/td] [td]ç[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]SHIFT + 9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td])[/td] [td]([/td] [td]([/td] [/tr] [tr][td]AltGR + 9[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]][/td] [td]N/A[/td] [td]N/A[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Simply add French input language (keyboard layout) to your system and switch to it whenever you need it. To add French input language go to Settings > Time & language > Region & language, select your display language, click Options:

FRENCH KEYBOARD [​IMG]

Click Add a keyboard, browse to French and add it:

FRENCH KEYBOARD [​IMG]

When done and you'll need to type using French layout, click the language indicator in notification area and select preferred input language:

FRENCH KEYBOARD [​IMG]

Please notice, because I have the Taskbar vertical on left, screenshot above might look different than your actual Taskbar and Notification area. Using the default Taskbar on bottom, the language indicator is next to clock at bottom right corner of your display.

That's it. All letter ç in this post were typed simply by switching my usual Finnish input language temporarily to French, using a physical keyboard device with German key layout.

Thema:

FRENCH KEYBOARD

1. FRENCH KEYBOARD - Similar Threads - FRENCH KEYBOARD

2. How to remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard when adding a French Canada...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove the Canadian Multilingual Standard Keyboard when adding a French Canada...: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad T430 that is supplied by the school. Without the French Canada language pack, it only gives me two keyboards, a US keyboard and a Canadian French keyboard. But, when I add the French Canada language, it adds a third keyboard, which is Canadian...
  3. Help with FRENCH Sculpt keyboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with FRENCH Sculpt keyboard.: I have a Sculpt French keyboard. The keys are slightly different than the English standard QWERTY. I can not find a manual that helps me to know how to operate all the keys. help!Thank you in advance....
  4. Help with FRENCH Sculpt keyboard.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with FRENCH Sculpt keyboard.: I have a Sculpt French keyboard. The keys are slightly different than the English standard QWERTY. I can not find a manual that helps me to know how to operate all the keys. help!Thank you in advance....
  5. i need to buy a french microsoft keyboard in USA. Please help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i need to buy a french microsoft keyboard in USA. Please help.: microsoft surface pro 4. need french keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-buy-a-french-microsoft-keyboard-in-usa/c02907da-5289-4309-a384-4fdaa1fd5e09
  6. i need to buy a french microsoft keyboard in USA. Please help.

i need to buy a french microsoft keyboard in USA. Please help.: microsoft surface pro 4. need french keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-to-buy-a-french-microsoft-keyboard-in-usa/c02907da-5289-4309-a384-4fdaa1fd5e09
  7. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  8. French Keyboard

French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  9. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...
  10. French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?

French Canadian Legacy for keyboard is missing?: HiI just purchased a new laptop, Windows 10 and installed the French Canada language pack.In the keyboard settings, only the Canadian Multilingual Standard is available, which does not match the typical French keyboard layouts - picture attached. The AltCar and 2 should give...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the french keyboard

2. password that works for both french and english keyboard