Windows 10: French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode

Discus and support French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I added the only French AZERTY keyboard available under the Windows 10 language setting, but the touch screen keyboard in the tablet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tonytony888, Jun 9, 2020.

1. French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode

I added the only French AZERTY keyboard available under the Windows 10 language setting, but the touch screen keyboard in the tablet mode French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode ef3f3d35-62e2-4949-8b6f-9c224994f093?upload=true.png doesn't seem to be this installed keyboard. For example, if I type the three rows on the touch keyboard see the screen shot, I ended up with three rows of letters different from what shows on the keypad. How do I fix this? Or is it a windows 10 bug?

:)

tonytony888, Jun 9, 2020

2. On screen keyboard not working in Windows 10 tablet mode

Hi Gary,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

I suggest you to perform the following troubleshooting steps and check if it helps. Follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Task bar and select ShowTouch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Keyboard and close it (just to check if it’s working).

• Next click on Action center and select
      Tablet Mode.

• Once you are in Tablet mode, again Right click on the
      Task bar and select Show Touch Keyboard Button.

• Open the Key board and check if it’s working in Tablet mode. Next check if it’s available on the task bar in both desktop and tablet mode.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Aswin_Anand, Jun 9, 2020
  3. Randomly switching to unwanted keyboard layout

When I type in French I use the Canadian Multilingual Standard layout. This is what I have configured in my settings and it is what worked fine for me for years until a week or two ago (which suggests the April update may have had something to do with it).

Now when I switch to French I find that I am often in another layout which I believe to be the Canadian French layout, although I am not completely sure. It is similar to the Canadian multilingual with the most notable difference being that the è and the / are swapped round. I have never chosen the Canadian French keyboard in my preferences and it isn't listed there now. Canadian Multilingual is what is listed.

What's even more annoying is that the layout seems to switch randomly between Canadian Multilingual and Canadian French while I am typing, so I am never really sure what is going to happen when I try to type an è.

How can I get my keyboard to consistently be Canadian Multilingual when I am typing in French?

ricecrispies, Jun 9, 2020
  4. French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right

Hi,

Windows keyboard layouts differ greatly. Based on your description, you are currently using
    Canadian Multilingual Standard keyboard layout. The setting that you are looking for may be for the
    Canadian French keyboard layout. To make sure, and to give you more information about
    Microsoft Windows keyboard layouts, you can click on the link below:

Windows Keyboard Layouts

Cheers.

Freddrick Pal, Jun 9, 2020
Thema:

French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode

1. French keyboard's layout is not working right in tablet mode - Similar Threads - French keyboard's layout

2. French Keyboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    French Keyboard: I am taking French classes. I am running Windows 11 64 bit. I tried to add French to the language choices so that I could type compositions in French. I followed the instructions for doing this for Windows 11 and the system showed that the French pack was installed in...
  3. Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.: HiI started to write today and noticed that my french keyboard layout was not there anymore. I had to download a language, the only one for Canada being French Canada but the layout is not the same as the one I had. In the past there was more than one french canadian layout....
  4. Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 usual french keyboard layout disappeared.: HiI started to write today and noticed that my french keyboard layout was not there anymore. I had to download a language, the only one for Canada being French Canada but the layout is not the same as the one I had. In the past there was more than one french canadian layout....
  5. French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    French (France) Keyboard layout broken suddenly: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fog13k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j13gxn/french_france_keyboard_layout_broken_suddenly/
  6. French keyboard layout unavailable?

in Windows 10 Customization
    French keyboard layout unavailable?: Hello, I'm currently using a French laptop, with a French keyboard, with the language of my system set as English UK. I did not have any trouble for years but recently I have been unable to use my French keyboard as it seems that it has disappeared from the language...
  7. On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode

On screen keyboard and taskbar not working in Tablet Mode: I have an Hp Pavillion x360 convertible 1.1Ghz. My problems start whenever I switch to tablet mode.The touchscreen keyboard used to appear automatically whenever I pressed on a box to write, but for some reason it does not. Along with that I cannot touch any items on the...
  8. FRENCH KEYBOARD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    FRENCH KEYBOARD: Hello everyone, I want to type French on my laptop so I changed my keyboard to FR (AZERTY). The problem is that I can't type these letters: â, ê, ô,... because everytime I press ^ (if we want to type these letters, we need to press ^ and then a, e, o,...), it becomes ^^...
  9. Keyboard & Tablet Mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard & Tablet Mode: My computer is an HP Spectre and I have two questions: 1) I'm trying get my keyboard to disable when I'm in tablet mode, because whenever I hit a key it messes up what I'm doing. How can I easily disable my keyboard without uninstalling it? 2) My keyboard makes sounds when...
  10. canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2)

canadian multilingual french keyboard layout not right (2): I just installed windows 10 and now I can't get any accents on the French Canadian keyboard layout... Why was this changed. I don't want to relearn a layout. At the office we use windows 7 and I have no issues. I mostly write in French but when I'm home, I can't use this...