Windows 10: French keyborad seeting do not work on my new computer

Discus and support French keyborad seeting do not work on my new computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I just purchased a new computer and in the past I have always switched the computer settings from English keyboard to french (Belgium)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ceciole, Sep 5, 2019.

1. Ceciole Win User

French keyborad seeting do not work on my new computer

Hello,

I just purchased a new computer and in the past I have always switched the computer settings from English keyboard to french (Belgium) keyboard. So far it has always worked like a charm. I simply ignore the characters that are visible on my English keyboard and type the characters that I have memorized from years of typing on a french Keyboard. Unfortunately, on this new laptop, although I have my keyboard setting set to French Belgium, it does not appear that the right Alt is a substitute for the AltGr key as it used to be on my other keyboards. Thus I cannot access important characters like the @ on the french keyboard anymore.

Do you happen to have a solution for this? This is truly problematic.

:)

Ceciole, Sep 5, 2019
  2. kensiko Win User

Can't delete french keyboard input!

For some reason, on my mother's PC on which a guy upgraded the PC from Windows 7, the French of France keyboard will not allow to be deleted. The France French keyboard is not in the list of input methods but it still shows in the language bar.

Windows is in French and the main language is French from France. It is the same here on my own computer and I do not have the French France keyboard, only French Canada.

Is there any solution ?

kensiko, Sep 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 installed as french version but «reverted» to English after yesterday's update

Hi Jean,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

I understand that you want to use French language on Windows 10 instead of English.

Kindly follow the below steps and check if it helps.

I suggest you to change the Language and date & time settings again. Follow the below steps.

• Open the Start menu and type
      Settings in the search bar.

• Click on Time and Language.

• Select the Region and Language and make sure that you select
      Country and region to French Guina.

• Under the Language click on
      Add a language
      and download the French language pack.

• After the language pack has downloaded, click on
      French language pack and Set as default

• Close the settings and Reboot the computer for the changes to take effect.
    I suggest you to change the time of the system also accordingly for the changes to take effectively.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Sep 5, 2019
  4. French keyborad seeting do not work on my new computer

Widows 10 - french Canada language pack mix 50% with english....

Hi Lemire,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with language in your system.

Follow the below suggestions and check if it helps:

Step 1:Change Clock, Language and region.

Follow the steps to select default language:

• In the search box, type
        Control Panel

• Select Clock, Language and Region.

• Select French.
    If French is not available in the list then Click on
    Add Language and select French from the list and make it your preferred language.

Step 2: Also To confirm the settings are set correctly:

1. Open Settings. Select Time& language, and then
    Region & Language.

2. Check the Language (set as default)
    setting for your Windows display language. If your desired language is not available, add your desired language:

• Click Add Language.
    • Select your desired language from the list.
    • Select the desired locale, which is the language/country combination.
    • Click on the newly selected locale and select
      Options
    • Under Download language pack, click
      Download.
    • Under Speech, click Download.
    • After the downloads are complete (this could take several minutes), return to the
      Time & Language settings.
    • Click on your new language and select Set as Default.
    • NOTE: IF you changed languages, you must sign out of your account and back in for the new setting to take effect.
    3. Check the Country or region setting.
    Make sure the country selected corresponds with the Windows display language set in the Language setting.

Try the above step and let us know if it helps. For further assistance feel free to post your queries in Microsoft forums. We will be glad to assist you.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Sep 5, 2019
Thema:

French keyborad seeting do not work on my new computer

1. French keyborad seeting do not work on my new computer - Similar Threads - French keyborad seeting

2. My mouse and keyborad don't work at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My mouse and keyborad don't work at the same time: Hi Microsoft I have a problem. I clicked on f2 to change my file name after that suddenly my keyboard and mouse don't work it at the same time and I can't restart it oe shut down it please help me...
  3. My mouse and keyborad don't work at the same time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My mouse and keyborad don't work at the same time: Hi Microsoft I have a problem. I clicked on f2 to change my file name after that suddenly my keyboard and mouse don't work it at the same time and I can't restart it oe shut down it please help me...
  4. how do I refresh computer to English from French

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I refresh computer to English from French: how do I refresh computer to English from French https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-refresh-computer-to-english-from-french/ab7ecb7b-1e2f-4a30-8fde-ee3d62bc6e76
  5. how do I refresh computer to English from French

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I refresh computer to English from French: how do I refresh computer to English from French https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-refresh-computer-to-english-from-french/ab7ecb7b-1e2f-4a30-8fde-ee3d62bc6e76
  6. how do I refresh computer to English from French

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Keyborad typing Issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Keyborad typing Issue: Hello, some of the key on my laptops do not type properly and a few do not type at all. When I type number 5 and 6, I get nothing at all. Wen I type 0, 9, or 7, I get this number for all those key pads 097. The problem is also with the letters, when I type a single...
  8. Windows Scale Seetings

Windows Scale Seetings: [ATTACH] hello, ive recently plugged my laptop A asus zenbook I to a tv for use as a monitor. ive now disconcedted it and the screen seems zoomed in, id jjust like a second opion - do these disply settings look Right. if not, how would I fix this issue. thanks Thomas...
  9. Spanish keyborad

Spanish keyborad: Hi, I have a spanish keyboard on my laptop, and recently had Windows 10 reinstalled after having some issues. I would like to know how to stop the sguiggly red lines from appearing every time I type. It is doing it as I am typing this message. I have tried changing the...
  10. Privacy seeting changes

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Privacy seeting changes: Microsoft, You need to stop changing my security setting every **** time I am forced to apply a new Red Stone feature set. It is really annoying and frustrating. I want you to stop changing the security and privacy settings I have set up!!! An angry customer....