Windows 10: Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

Discus and support Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When I boot in Windows 10 my hard drive goes frenetic for approx 10/15 mins apparently uploading/downloading 'stuff' . This action slows down all other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Geoff Pidd, Nov 29, 2022.

1. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

When I boot in Windows 10 my hard drive goes frenetic for approx 10/15 mins apparently uploading/downloading 'stuff' . This action slows down all other operations such as open Firefox or files etc. it is most frustrating. My 'get round' is to boot, then do something useful for 10/15 minutes..... but even this counts as a frustration in my world.I've just booted and all I can now hear is the noise from my h/d working overtime.....is it possible to reduce or stop this?

:)

Geoff Pidd, Nov 29, 2022

2. D drive

Hi,

Based on the details you have provided us, it appears that there might be some corrupted contents on the said partition. We can also consider that this is caused by a virus.

For us to check if a certain virus is hiding your files, kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Command prompt in the search bar.
    • Type-in the following command:

attrib -h -r -s /s /d D:\*.*
    • Press Enter to execute the command.

If you think that there is nothing important stored in it, then we suggest that you reformat your D drive so that you can use the free space for important files.

You can follow the steps below to start with the process:

• Click on the File Explorer.
    • Select This PC.
    • Right-click on your D drive, then click on Format.
    • Follow the on-screen process to finish formatting the partition.

Let us know how it goes so that we can further assist you.

Engelsen Fad, Nov 29, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Slow boot

Hi Craig,

Boot performance may slow can be due to corruptions. To assist you better, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes before this issue occur?
    • Have you tried booting up your laptop in Safe Mode and check if the issue still persist?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Nov 29, 2022
  4. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

Windows 10 incredibly slow boot times.

Hi Kalpana,

I tried both suggestions and I'm still experiencing slow boot times.

Nearly 7 mins now, I will try the performance toolkit.

Thank you.

KITCHELL_Z, Nov 29, 2022
Thema:

Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

1. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up. - Similar Threads - Frenetic slowing actions

2. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.: When I boot in Windows 10 my hard drive goes frenetic for approx 10/15 mins apparently uploading/downloading 'stuff' . This action slows down all other operations such as open Firefox or files etc. it is most frustrating. My 'get round' is to boot, then do something useful...
  3. Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Frenetic H/D slowing all other actions for 15 mins after boot up.: When I boot in Windows 10 my hard drive goes frenetic for approx 10/15 mins apparently uploading/downloading 'stuff' . This action slows down all other operations such as open Firefox or files etc. it is most frustrating. My 'get round' is to boot, then do something useful...
  4. Slow Boot more than 4 min.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow Boot more than 4 min.: Hi, Slowness occurs after loading the BIOS and before the User screen. There is also a Google Drive link with a MEMORY dump file, if necessary. MEMORY.DMP Windows 10 Pro 1903 build 18362.836 thank you 157545
  5. Designer Bluetooth Keyboard boots partially. After 15-30 min fully.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Designer Bluetooth Keyboard boots partially. After 15-30 min fully.: The problem appeared about three months ago.<br>The keyboard I need is for the Icelandic language. It includes dead keys for vowels: á, é, í, ó, ú, and ý.<br><br> I had been using the Microsoft Designer Bluetooth Keyboard with no problems for about a year. The inflected...
  6. window 10 freeze up after 10-15 mins

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window 10 freeze up after 10-15 mins: Hello all, My notebook has win 10 installed but within a short while of using any program the computer would completely lockup. Nothing would unlock it. CTRL-ALT-DEL didn't work and i have to hard reboot the notebook. i had run DISM and SFC / scannow, but both were...
  7. Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins

Windows 10 slow to boot 3 mins: why does it take 3 mins. to boot, I thought win 10 was supposed to be faster to boot? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-slow-to-boot-3-mins/841b9867-5d21-449b-bc66-277b929c1a5f
  8. BSOD after 15 min idling (following boot). DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

BSOD after 15 min idling (following boot). DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hello, So I just bought a brand new HP spectre, installed few softwares like CCleaner, Speccy... And randomly get BSOD 10 or 15 min after booting (btw booting takes some time , about 1min ((for an SSD that's quite long isn't it ?))). I noticed that it can take up to 30 min...
  9. Very slow 45 min Boot

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Very slow 45 min Boot: Have run 4 times SFC and keeps finding errors. Can you help me determine what to do? Upgraded from win 7 Pro x64 to Win 10 Pro 10 days ago,, first week startup was perfect, then something happened, an upgrade or external program, don't know. Have read in other forums to...
  10. Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Extremely Slow Boot Time (3 min): Hi, I recently purchased a laptop with windows 10 x64. The product specifications are these: Star Wars™ Special Edition Notebook - 15-an001na (ENERGY STAR) Product Specifications | HP® Customer Support It's a HP laptop. The boot up time close to 3 minutes goes like this:...