Windows 10: Frequent and often fatal to the OS BSODs corrupts the Windows install

Discus and support Frequent and often fatal to the OS BSODs corrupts the Windows install in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello I'm hoping for some help. I strongly believe I have a hardware fault but need help diagnosing precisely which part has failed. Here are two... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AJBartram, Sep 15, 2020.

1. AJBartram Win User

Frequent and often fatal to the OS BSODs corrupts the Windows install

Hello I'm hoping for some help.

I strongly believe I have a hardware fault but need help diagnosing precisely which part has failed.

Here are two memory dump files as well as an msinfo32 file, both fresh.

For the last two years I've been running stable on an i5 9600k medium OC, with xmp profile on, a mild OC on my 1070ti. Every piece of hardware is bought new from a store and is all under or on 2 years old.
    Recently I was having tremendous trouble logging into Citrix for work, so I decided I may as well reinstall the OS clean as I hadn't done that in a while. I got myself a new Kingston NVMe drive for it too. At the same time, I bought an i9 9900k processor I have updated the BIOS for it

After installing the two new components the BSODs started; they have been so severe that they usually corrupted the NVMe drive entirely causing BSODs more frequently until eventually preventing windows from booting - requiring a fresh windows install. I followed the best practice guidelines for windows install unplugging other drives, installing, updating, installing drivers, then installing programs starting with Avast antivirus. Have been running absolutely stock defaults on everything including BIOS settings.

I initially thought I may have a faulty NVMe drive, I've reinstalled Windows once more on an m.2 SATA drive I know to be working well for some time. I have removed the NVMe from my system entirely. I am still getting BSODs the mem dumps are from this install.

Each BSOD has a different reason, such as thread exception, memory configuration, and probably about 5-10 other ones.

It can BSOD when just sitting idle. No OC. It's even hard crashed when in BIOS, possibly because it had XMP profiles on.

I haven't moved my RAM since I installed it, the CPU doesn't really go over 60 degrees even under 100% load, I clean-installed the GPU drivers. No matter how many times I reinstall Windows I get the same problem.

Full disclosure a single pin is ever so slightly bent on the motherboard. But I don't want to jump to conclusions on that since the 9600k worked just fine under the same conditions. But really I am thinking it's either that or the CPU I bought is dead on arrival.

If someone is able to narrow down my diagnosis process I would be most grateful. Is it maybe my BIOS? My CPU? My RAM? Even just narrowing it down/ruling some things out would be helpful.

Thanks in adv

:)

AJBartram, Sep 15, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 15, 2020
  3. little cat, Sep 15, 2020
  4. AMDCam Win User

Windows Installer Corrupted

Hey, well a couple days ago I installed "Microsoft Update" over Windows Update, and WOW is that a great app, not only can it not update anything, but it corrupted my Windows Installer. Well since Windows XP knows better than me, I redownloaded Windows Installer 3.0 redistributable, and SWEET, Windows says "it's older than the current version, no update is necessary" and not only necessary but not possible to install. SOOOO should I reinstall SP2 or what? This is crazy. Thanks for the help

AMDCam, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

1. Frequent and often fatal to the OS BSODs corrupts the Windows install - Similar Threads - Frequent often fatal

2. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  3. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  4. Corrupt os

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Corrupt os: Hi, iam krupal[IMG] This is what iam finding everytime while starting my laptop .can someone help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/corrupt-os/478ca766-fbc9-4b91-9489-4e55728b04f5
  5. Corrupt OS?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupt OS?: I've been having issues with running Virtual Machines, my laptop supports VT-x and VT-d, and I can get most things too boot on Virtual Box, however it requires turning off VT-x and VT-d and then turning back on to get working and everytime I turn off my computer after running...
  6. BSOD while using Chrome very often (and freezing OS).

BSOD while using Chrome very often (and freezing OS).: Hi, Im getting too much BSOD, specifically using Google Chrome and normaly it happens when I have a lot of tabs open and I do something, like closing one tab, open one, scroll, or click. Not always having a lot of tabs, sometimes made it with a few opened, somedays make me...
  7. Frequent, often different, BSODs while computer comes under load.

Frequent, often different, BSODs while computer comes under load.: Hello! I have been trying to debug this myself for a while, and I'm rather at my wit's end here. I've been experiencing very frequent BSODs every time the computer comes under any sort of load, however it may take a while for them to start happening. Once they start...
  8. Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming

Windows 10 BSOD - intelppm.sys frequently - Often from gaming: Hello, Tenforums! I had to make an account just to get help with this. It's been a real pain finding any information. This BSOD just started 2 days ago. I have pretty much completely change my PC setup. Most everything is new. I have a new Mobo, RAM, GTX 1070, mouse and...
  9. corrupt os ?

corrupt os ?: hello , I am looking for advice.. yesterday, I had problems booting up. My computer's operating system hardly works now.I booted in win ten yesterday and my sound and internet were not working..I thought it was my hardware. I had a old unbuntu live cd that i'm using...
  10. Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,

Frequent BSOD, most often upon login, WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR,: Hey all, After the latest Windows 10 update , I'm getting frequent BSODs with the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR message. It usually happens about a minute or two after logging on, but it sometimes doesn't occur until a couple of hours into my normal computer usage (browsing,...