Windows 10: Frequent Bitlocker recovery promt

Discus and support Frequent Bitlocker recovery promt in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Over the last 2 weeks I have been prompted to enter my bitlocker recovery key at startup 3x. In the 2.5 years I have had this computer I've only had to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by F3M_407, Mar 5, 2019.

1. F3M_407 Win User

Frequent Bitlocker recovery promt

Over the last 2 weeks I have been prompted to enter my bitlocker recovery key at startup 3x. In the 2.5 years I have had this computer I've only had to enter it one other time. Entering the key this frequently is unreasonable What is causing the current problem and how do I fix it?

:)

F3M_407, Mar 5, 2019
  2. Xylee Del Win User
    Xylee Del, Mar 5, 2019
  3. Ernie San Win User
    Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Mar 5, 2019
  4. Frequent Bitlocker recovery promt

bitlocker recovery key

Hi Singh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to get clarity on this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. Are you not able login to your computer due to BitLocker Recovery Key?
    2. Did you ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key on your computer?
    3. Are you not able to login to your Microsoft Account to find the BitLocker Recovery Key?
    4. Are you using Windows 10 Home or Windows 10 Professional?

Meanwhile, try finding BitLocker Recovery Key if you have ever setup BitLocker Recovery Key for your computer.

Please elaborate on the issue, so that we can understand the concern and get back to us to help you further.

Shafeeq_Khan, Mar 5, 2019
Thema:

Frequent Bitlocker recovery promt

1. Frequent Bitlocker recovery promt - Similar Threads - Frequent Bitlocker recovery

2. Bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery: I got my Lenovo Thinkpad repaired and when Lenovo sent it back it had this Bitlocker encryption on it which was not there before, so I'm completely locked out of my computer. There's no recovery key associated with any microsoft account I use. Lenovo Technical Support were...
  3. Editing promts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Editing promts: Today, while making a few changes to "Editor", instead of saving I accidentally deleted everything in it. How do I get back into the editor, to make changes?Thanks,Judi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/editing-promts/3abcbd4d-487c-49b5-b660-eea38876b7eb
  4. bitlocker recovery

bitlocker recovery: hii have the problem, my laptop need bitlocker recovery, but i cant contact my seller to get my key. also my office didnt have this key..can you help me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery/49757571-86c4-4a7b-a16b-562b5370a863
  5. Bitlocker recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitlocker recovery: I am looking for a solution that probably doesn’t exist. My notebook is no longer working spilled water on keyboard, i don’t have a backup of the data and the person who initially setup the pc turned bitlocker on but didn’t record the recovery key. I can’t look up the key...
  6. BitLocker Recovery

BitLocker Recovery: I just received a 'BitLocker recovery' message after owning my computer for 2.5 years. I do not have a recovery key and have never had one. Why am I receiving this notification and how do I bypass it to access data on my computer? Attempts for BIOS Secure Boot disabling...
  7. Bitlocker recovery

Bitlocker recovery: I am wondering if i do a keep my files reset will it bypass the bitlocker recovery key that i dont have? Or even after i do that reset will i still be hit with this bitlocker screen or will that be gone?...
  8. BitLocker Recovery

BitLocker Recovery: Dear Sir/Madam could you help to tell me the issues on BitLocker recovery key when we startup window. many computer always ask the recovery key BitLocker when user startup window....
  9. BitLocker Recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    BitLocker Recovery: For the last few days I have been asked to enter my BitLocker recovery key. I do this and everything is fine but how do I stop it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery/45a0f052-1f3c-4174-8ca9-9220920821b9
  10. Bitlocker recovery

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bitlocker recovery: Hi, I dug up my old laptop and was planning to give it to a friend as I no longer use it, so I wanted to reset the laptop to it’s original settings. I have now done this but it is asking me for my bitlocker key. It has been over a year since i used this laptop and i cannot...