Windows 10: Frequent Blue Screen BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Stuck on what the cause might be.

Discus and support Frequent Blue Screen BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Stuck on what the cause might be. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. I've been getting frequent blue screens with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by brandscill92, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Frequent Blue Screen BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Stuck on what the cause might be.

Hello,

Hopefully someone here can point me in the right direction. I've been getting frequent blue screens with the error DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION.

To date I've checked that the BIOS is up to date, all drivers are up to date and the SSD Firmware is up to date. None of these things seems to have resolved the issue.

Last night I ran Memtest86 and it turned up no problems with the RAM specifically.

I've got the minidump files and a speccy to share as well.

MiniDump files:

14/01/2020 20:22 GMT: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=52089196158959972910

14/01/2020 20:28 GMT: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=22506597807516513438

15/01/2020 22:04 GMT: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=08388054449728680908

17/01/2020 16:26 GMT: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=83571318657513343569

17/01/2020 16:28 GMT: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=04389708683869368176

Speccy:

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/VBGvZe8hYgSbDAnodMAF568

Any help is much appreciated.

:)

brandscill92, Jan 21, 2021

2. Blue screen: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

After a recent updating, my machine has blue screen every 5 - 10 minutes.

The error code is DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

I saw another post here which suggest to use "iastor.sys". But I don't have that in the driver list. Mine is storahci.sys.

Please advise! Thanks,

hairinwind, Jan 21, 2021
  3. BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION caused by ntoskrnl.exe

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer prior to this happening?
    Reinstalled Windows and drivers.

• When and how did the issue start?
    After completed re-install.

• Can you send us screenshots detailing the mini dump files and event log?
    1. .dmf file
    2. Event Viewer Error Screenshot
    3. Blue Screen View Screenshot
    4. driver view dump
    • Have you recently installed any updates?
    Windows is fully up to date.

• What troubleshooting steps have you tried to resolve your concern?
    Uninstall all sound and video drivers and let Windows install drivers.

Rehan Saeed, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Ramon Imp Win User

Frequent Blue Screen BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Stuck on what the cause might be.

Bug Check 0x133 DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Hi Kristopher,

Usually, Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) with error message DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION is caused by a hardware issue or system file corruption. For us to isolate your concern, we need answers to the following:

• Did you make any changes on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur when you're doing a specific activity?
    • Have you taken any troubleshooting steps so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you follow the steps on this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot blue screen errors.

Keep us posted and we'll be willing to assist you further.

Ramon Imp, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

Frequent Blue Screen BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Stuck on what the cause might be.

1. Frequent Blue Screen BSOD DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION. Stuck on what the cause might be. - Similar Threads - Frequent Blue Screen

2. What's causing this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's causing this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: I've recently built an new PC and have had no problems using it until yesterday. Randomly, my PC froze while doing regular tasks web browsing and showed a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error message as well as today. I've used WinDbg to try and find the root cause, but haven't been...
  3. What's causing this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What's causing this DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD?: I've recently built an new PC and have had no problems using it until yesterday. Randomly, my PC froze while doing regular tasks web browsing and showed a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION error message as well as today. I've used WinDbg to try and find the root cause, but haven't been...
  4. Continuous DPC_Watchdog_Violation, Might be caused by Cintiq?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Continuous DPC_Watchdog_Violation, Might be caused by Cintiq?: I've been continuously getting a DPC_Watchdog_Violation bluescreen for a really long time. I'm not very techsavy, but I've followed so many tutorials and kept my drivers updated the best I can, but nothing seems to help. I'm wondering if my Wacom Cintiq might be causing the...
  5. Continuous DPC_Watchdog_Violation, Might be caused by Cintiq?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuous DPC_Watchdog_Violation, Might be caused by Cintiq?: I've been continuously getting a DPC_Watchdog_Violation bluescreen for a really long time. I'm not very techsavy, but I've followed so many tutorials and kept my drivers updated the best I can, but nothing seems to help. I'm wondering if my Wacom Cintiq might be causing the...
  6. Continuous DPC_Watchdog_Violation, Might be caused by Cintiq?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD

Frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD: Hello, I have been getting frequent DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION BSOD. It happens randomly and is getting very annoying. I ran CHKDSK command and it did not find any error. I ran sfc /scannow command and apparently windows found and fixed the corrupted files? However, the problem...
  8. VLS might be causing blue screen of death

VLS might be causing blue screen of death: Hi I've had my laptop give me a blue screen of death 4 times now. Every time it did that I was watching something in VLC. My drivers are up to date. I'm starting to think some of my drivers might not like working with VLC. I've uploaded my memory.dmp, info.nfo, and another...
  9. Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION"

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Frequent BSODs due to "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION": Recently, my Windows 10 PC has been frequently freezing up, followed by a BSOD saying "DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION". This has only been happening for the past month. I ran "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth", which both found no issues with my Windows...
  10. Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

Frequent BSOD: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: Hi, I'm getting BSOD with DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION message multiple times of day. This mostly happens while playing video, but rarely while playing games. I've tried clean install graphics drivers and also updated sound drivers. Unfortunately this gave no effect and...