Windows 10: Frequent blue-screen crashes

Discus and support Frequent blue-screen crashes in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; How can I fix frequent several per day blue-screen errors: "stopcode=fltmgr"? Is this likely a software or a hardware problem? PC is running... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JoeMeyer3, Dec 21, 2019.

1. JoeMeyer3 Win User

Frequent blue-screen crashes

How can I fix frequent several per day blue-screen errors: "stopcode=fltmgr"? Is this likely a software or a hardware problem?

PC is running Windows 10 / with latest updates. PC is an HP Pavilion, Core I5, SSD, one-yr old. PC is connected to a USB external HD Western Digital Elements and runs on a local home network.

:)

JoeMeyer3, Dec 21, 2019
  2. Law-II Win User

Crash/blue screen

Hi

I assume from the title of your post Crash/Blue Screen that the PC has crashed and produced a *BSOD=[Blue Screen Of Death] =Blue Screen; and that the PC recovered from this; if and when you see the Blue Screen write the Stop Code down; recover the PC or use one that is working to access the net and look up the Stop Code.

nb: You may be able to view this with a [*BlueScreenView] application, google for this.

Edit Link - Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

Description
    ===========

BlueScreenView scans all your minidump files created during 'blue screen
    of death' crashes, and displays the information about all crashes in one
    table. For each crash, BlueScreenView displays the minidump filename, the
    date/time of the crash, the basic crash information displayed in the blue
    screen (Bug Check Code and 4 parameters), and the details of the driver
    or module that possibly caused the crash (filename, product name, file
    description, and file version).
    For each crash displayed in the upper pane, you can view the details of
    the device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane.
    BlueScreenView also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the
    crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly
    caused the crash.

atb

Law-II

Law-II, Dec 21, 2019
  3. col B Win User
    Frequent Windows 10 blue screen crashes

Reading the comments and suggested remedies for Windows 10 Blue Screen Crashes has been enlightening, however I have yet to find a remedy that works on our computers. My wife and I have three computers with the Windows 10 OS. The one that crashes most frequently
    is our HP Pavilion 23 All-In-One. This All-In-One came with Windows 8 and has been upgraded to 16 GB of RAM and, of course, Windows 10. Next is our Toshiba Satellite L655 laptop that came with Windows 7 and upgraded to 8 GB of RAM and Windows 10. The least
    frequent blue screen crasher is our Microsoft Surface 3 which has been very recently purchased and it came with Windows 10. These blue screen crashes occur too often and are very irritating. With our three machines I have been attempting, without success, to
    find a common thread to the crashes. Most crashes seem to occur when we are playing are online, especially playing a game such as The LA Times Just Words Scrabble (the only appearance of a common thread is that, no matter which machine, the blue screen happens
    when I'm ahead in the game). All three of our Win 10 computers seems to enjoy going blue in the middle of a very enjoyable video/movie. In addition Windows 10 seems to enjoy going blue when we are working with Office 2010 and other installed programs/apps.
    All kidding aside, the Windows 10 blue screen crash occurs way too frequently on each of our three computers and the reasons given on the blue screens differs.

Each of our computers are set for automatic updates from Microsoft and other installed programs/apps. Could that be the common thread?

col B, Dec 21, 2019
  4. iuppiter Win User

Blue Screen of Death (Crash) When Playing Games

Nothing for step 10.

Step 11 -
    Frequent blue-screen crashes [​IMG]

iuppiter, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Frequent blue-screen crashes - Similar Threads - Frequent blue screen

2. Windows 11 frequent crashing blue screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 frequent crashing blue screen: I don't know what is causing it, but multiple times per day my computer restarts with a blue screen usually, but not always, when I'm not using it. I am hoping someone here can help me.Here is a link to the latest dump files. Please let me know if it doesn't work, or if you...
  3. Windows 11 frequent crashing blue screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 frequent crashing blue screen: I don't know what is causing it, but multiple times per day my computer restarts with a blue screen usually, but not always, when I'm not using it. I am hoping someone here can help me.Here is a link to the latest dump files. Please let me know if it doesn't work, or if you...
  4. Frequent Blue screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Blue screen Crashes: Hello,I have a 6 months old asus tuff15 fx506LI and for some reason from the past 2 weeks i have been experiencing frequent blue screen crash.My computer just stops working suddenly and the display gets stuck.I have updated all the drivers but the problem has not been...
  5. Frequent Blue screen Crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Blue screen Crashes: Hello,I have a 6 months old asus tuff15 fx506LI and for some reason from the past 2 weeks i have been experiencing frequent blue screen crash.My computer just stops working suddenly and the display gets stuck.I have updated all the drivers but the problem has not been...
  6. Frequent blue screen crashes with BugcheckCode 292

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent blue screen crashes with BugcheckCode 292: It happens just when being in Discord and having Firefox open. Below is the event id from the Event Viewer- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power"...
  7. Frequent Blue Screens

Frequent Blue Screens: I've had a small uprade to my PC recently, I've added 16GB of RAM to the previous 16, bought a new SSD drive and new case fans. I've also changed my drives setup and reinstalled windows. After a few days I've started having frequent blue screens with ntoskrnl.exe crashing and...
  8. Frequent system crashes to blue screen

Frequent system crashes to blue screen: I recently bought a Surface Pro 7 that was factory reset. While everything seemed normal at first, I have started having frequent bsod since I have started using it. It happens anywhere between 5 minutes and 2 hours of frequency. Each bsod comes with a different error...
  9. Frequent Blue Screens

Frequent Blue Screens: One of my Windows 10 (1803) systems recently starting having a spate of BSOD's. I didn't see the code for the first. The second showed a Stop Error of KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE. I searched around and found some advice. I ran a file scan (sfc), which reported no...
  10. Blue Screen Crashes Frequently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Blue Screen Crashes Frequently: Hello, I've been playing on my laptop for a bit longer than a year and have recently run into an issue with blue screen crashes occurring every time I play games. I'm not sure what happened, but it's always the same error type: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and iaStorA.sys...