Windows 10: Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

Discus and support Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Been having lots of blue screens and have no clue what it is or what it could be, some days it doesnt blue screen, some days its constant and its being... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Sheldon Warford, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

Been having lots of blue screens and have no clue what it is or what it could be, some days it doesnt blue screen, some days its constant and its being quite annoying, I have already done a check for viruses and I have found nothing, so im assuming its bad RAM or a bad driverEdit:for some reason I cant find anywhere to add an attachment..

:)

Sheldon Warford, Jan 25, 2023

2. Frequent bluescreens with no apparent reason

Hello Rutger,

Most blue screen errors are caused by faulty or out-of-date drivers, or memory problems which seems to be true based on the minidumps you provided in your original post.

At this point in time, what we want to do is perform troubleshooting to further isolate the issue and identify what's causing the blue screen errors so that we can find a permanent fix. We suggest running the Memory Diagnostic Tool to help us check for possible
    memory problems in your PC, use the Driver Verifier to find faulty drivers, and run the System File Checker (SFC.exe) to automatically find and fix corrupted system files.

To run Windows Memory Diagnostics:

• Click on Start, Search, or Cortana, and then type
      memory.
    • Click on Windows Memory Diagnostics Desktop app.
    • If you choose Restart now and check for problems, make sure that you have saved any work in progress in your PC. If you don't have free time, you can choose
      Check for problems the next time I start my computer to run the tool the next time your start your PC.

To use the Driver Verifier, refer to this forum article by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP)
    for the steps.

To use the System File Checker tool, refer to this support article for the steps.

Additionally, it would also help if you could remove peripherals when starting your PC. Peripherals such as external hard drives, dongles, or USBs are also known to cause blue screen errors due to their built-in drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Jan 25, 2023
  3. Frequent bluescreens with no apparent reason

Hello Rutger,

Most blue screen errors are caused by faulty or out-of-date drivers, or memory problems which seems to be true based on the minidumps you provided in your original post.

At this point in time, what we want to do is perform troubleshooting to further isolate the issue and identify what's causing the blue screen errors so that we can find a permanent fix. We suggest running the Memory Diagnostic Tool to help us check for possible
    memory problems in your PC, use the Driver Verifier to find faulty drivers, and run the System File Checker (SFC.exe) to automatically find and fix corrupted system files.

To run Windows Memory Diagnostics:

• Click on Start, Search, or Cortana, and then type
      memory.
    • Click on Windows Memory Diagnostics Desktop app.
    • If you choose Restart now and check for problems, make sure that you have saved any work in progress in your PC. If you don't have free time, you can choose
      Check for problems the next time I start my computer to run the tool the next time your start your PC.

To use the Driver Verifier, refer to this forum article by ZigZag3143 (MS-MVP)
    for the steps.

To use the System File Checker tool, refer to this support article for the steps.

Additionally, it would also help if you could remove peripherals when starting your PC. Peripherals such as external hard drives, dongles, or USBs are also known to cause blue screen errors due to their built-in drivers.

Let us know how it turns out.

Patricia Yu, Jan 25, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

Frequent BSOD during gaming, caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

Hi Soumyaneel

There i nothing specific listed in your dump file, just memory (RAM) corruption,

That ntkrnlmp.exe that is listed is just the main kernel file in Windows and while it is usually listed, it is rarely the actual cause.

You indicated you have run Driver Verifier previously, please re-enable verifier using the steps on the link below, then let your PC crash 3 times, then you must turn off Driver Verifier, and finally, upload any newly created minidump files

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

DaveM121, Jan 25, 2023
Thema:

Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

1. Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier - Similar Threads - Frequent Bluescreens unsure

2. Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier: Been having lots of blue screens and have no clue what it is or what it could be, some days it doesnt blue screen, some days its constant and its being quite annoying, I have already done a check for viruses and I have found nothing, so im assuming its bad RAM or a bad...
  3. Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent Bluescreens, unsure of cause of error, have minidumps from Driver verifier: Been having lots of blue screens and have no clue what it is or what it could be, some days it doesnt blue screen, some days its constant and its being quite annoying, I have already done a check for viruses and I have found nothing, so im assuming its bad RAM or a bad...
  4. BSOD BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER with driver verifier minidump available

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER with driver verifier minidump available: While trying to track down trouble on my system and running driver verifier, I got a BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER BSOD fairly shortly after restarting. WhoCrashed wasn't able to determine the other driver that caused the BSOD inside ndis.sys unfortunately seems like it generally fails...
  5. BSOD BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER with driver verifier minidump available

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER with driver verifier minidump available: While trying to track down trouble on my system and running driver verifier, I got a BUGCODE_NDIS_DRIVER BSOD fairly shortly after restarting. WhoCrashed wasn't able to determine the other driver that caused the BSOD inside ndis.sys unfortunately seems like it generally fails...
  6. Driver Verifier - Minidump File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Driver Verifier - Minidump File: Hello,Here is the link to my 2 minidump files from running driver verifier. Can anyone advise what the issue was?https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-C9rE-nUZNhlu1HYK_MyrpSH9Q?e=w0mv3AThank You...
  7. BlueScreen Minidumps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BlueScreen Minidumps: I bought a new Thinkpad with Windows 10 Pro, and I have common blue screens. Here is the link to the mini dumps: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AniRv-8JmRO2gUcQH5xujeItzXGj?e=NcXacK...
  8. BSOD driver verifier minidump results

BSOD driver verifier minidump results: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArxAMMahha216Gjiz2oqbA8yiAHy?e=D2SNHu Posting dump for help figuring out what is wrong. Let me know if you need any more information...
  9. Facing frequent BSOD, unsure of cause

Facing frequent BSOD, unsure of cause: Hi, I am on a fairly new system of around 5 months old only, have a few games installed, but only this week I am facing BSODs, faced 5 crashes on last 3 days. I don't know the actual cause and I forgot to take note of the error codes, but I have the minidump files and the...
  10. Driver Causing BSOD. Driver Verifier Minidump File Here

Driver Causing BSOD. Driver Verifier Minidump File Here: I have a driver causing various BSOD crashes in windows 10, Version 1809 Build 17763.592 I ran the driver verify tool, which would cause BSOD on each boot. Booted into safe mode and here is the provided dmp file:...