Windows 10: Frequent BSOD (~15 mins)

Discus and support Frequent BSOD (~15 mins) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, Typing quick, frequent crashes! Logs attached. Suspecting PSU/CPU failure, but trying to isolate before buying new one. Symptoms are a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by arbitrary81, Jun 27, 2020.

1. Frequent BSOD (~15 mins)

Hi there,

Typing quick, frequent crashes! Logs attached. Suspecting PSU/CPU failure, but trying to isolate before buying new one.

Symptoms are a screen freeze before Windows crash screen. Happening more frequently, under little/no load. Software independent, and has happened when I've left computer idle at Windows login screen after a recent crash (no mouse/keyboard activity).

Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903 (OS Build 18362.900).

Since crashes, I've disabled some audio drivers, updated graphics drivers, cleared out space on C:/ (35%+ available) and set my pagefile to system managed (wasn't before).

Thanks for any help! Will edit with more details, want to press submit before a crash.

:)

arbitrary81, Jun 27, 2020
  2. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Jun 27, 2020
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Jun 27, 2020
  4. Frequent BSOD (~15 mins)

Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD (~15 mins)

1. Frequent BSOD (~15 mins) - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD ~15

2. constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins: I keep getting kernel_security_check_failure windows 11I have tried new ramI have reinstalled windows 11 multiply timesI have ran sfc and dismI have tried a different ssd I have have used windows update and updated and checked all the drivers I am currently running driver...
  3. constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins

in Windows 10 Gaming
    constant BSOD or every 15-20 mins: I keep getting kernel_security_check_failure windows 11I have tried new ramI have reinstalled windows 11 multiply timesI have ran sfc and dismI have tried a different ssd I have have used windows update and updated and checked all the drivers I am currently running driver...
  4. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  5. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  6. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  8. Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour

Repeatedly getting BSOD after 15 min to an hour: Can I have some help diagnosing the cause of my BSODs? I am dualbooting on my PC into Windows 11 to see if it would help with my BSOD issues but I still seem to get them after 15 minutes - 1 hour use. It's rather sporadic. I've linked my minidump as someone in this forum has...
  9. BSOD after 15 Mins of normal use (STOP Critical_Process_Died)

BSOD after 15 Mins of normal use (STOP Critical_Process_Died): Upgraded from an intel mobo / cpu to and AMD Vega CPU and Mobo.Subsequently changed from W7 to W10 and completely wiped both my SSD and HDD when installing. First time it loaded up I started to install drivers and start to use the PC as normal.However after about 10-20...
  10. Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550

Frequent CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED BSODs on Dell XPS 15 9550: As the title says, I'm getting a bunch of critical process died errors, usually within 30-60 minutes of booting up a game. Sometimes it happens within 15 minutes, and sometimes it's not connected to gaming at all. Would greatly appreciate any help! 35684