Windows 10: frequent bsod, after setting system to uefi

Discus and support frequent bsod, after setting system to uefi in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I followed guide converted partition, while in cmd after booting in something like safe mode and set uefi only boot in bios. However i read it can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by empleat, Sep 14, 2019.

1. empleat Win User

frequent bsod, after setting system to uefi

I followed guide converted partition, while in cmd after booting in something like safe mode and set uefi only boot in bios. However i read it can cause problems and i have backup. But i would like to address this since i want use uefi.

I started having all kinds of bsod:
    gdvr.sys
    pagefault in non paged area...

I tried sfc /scannow
    and chkdsk

But i don't want repair system yet, as it reset a lot of settings. I googled bsod and uefi and didn't find anything.
    If anyone know how to fix this without reseting windows setting i would appreciate it!
    I have also nothing under bluescreen viewer strange...

:)

empleat, Sep 14, 2019
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Steve C Win User

Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

1. frequent bsod, after setting system to uefi - Similar Threads - frequent bsod setting

2. system frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system frequent BSOD: Hi, after a recent update my system has been BSOD-ing frequently. I have attached the minidumps for some of the most recent crashes. Please help figuring out what's the cause for the BSODs. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At_8K3ZMrIWketgPjGz-MpIEAqM?e=ObNX8v...
  3. system frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    system frequent BSOD: Hi, after a recent update my system has been BSOD-ing frequently. I have attached the minidumps for some of the most recent crashes. Please help figuring out what's the cause for the BSODs. https://1drv.ms/u/s!At_8K3ZMrIWketgPjGz-MpIEAqM?e=ObNX8v...
  4. system frequent BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install: Hello.I keep getting frequent {MEMORY_MANAGEMNENT} BSODs, usually after I stop running heavy applications such as editing software or games.After the first bluescreen and subsequent restart, I keep getting bluescreen loops as soon as I boot into windows, and this error...
  6. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install: Hello.I keep getting frequent {MEMORY_MANAGEMNENT} BSODs, usually after I stop running heavy applications such as editing software or games.After the first bluescreen and subsequent restart, I keep getting bluescreen loops as soon as I boot into windows, and this error...
  7. Frequent MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSODs on new system after fresh install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Frequent BSOD on freshly installed system

Frequent BSOD on freshly installed system: Hi there,I'm asking for your help as I'm feeling helpless.My machine has been BSOD-ing for a quite some time, especially during higher temperatures outside. With no AC in the house I thought it might be due to some parts overheating as BSOD usually occur while gaming. But...
  9. Frequent BSODs after update

Frequent BSODs after update: Hi, my wife's computer started crashing frequently recently. She says it started around the time of the previous update. I restored the system to a previous point, but it crashed 3 times in under an hour while getting the files. Dump files/system info below. Thanks in...
  10. System frequently restart with BSOD

System frequently restart with BSOD: System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report. 91884