Windows 10: Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning

Discus and support Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I'm including a OneDrive link to 3 minidump files (at time of posting, 2, the third is still pending sync and I'm having trouble forcing it to sync)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NateWilliams3, Jul 8, 2019.

1. Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning

I'm including a OneDrive link to 3 minidump files (at time of posting, 2, the third is still pending sync and I'm having trouble forcing it to sync) and my system information below, but here's what I'm dealing with.

I built my computer a few months ago and was plagued by the BSOD and occasionally it would completely shut down totally without even the blue screen. In May, I got fed up with it and did a reset and reinstalled windows. It was fairly stable until a few days ago.

The only thing different was I had installed an alpha version of a game. It did it twice, so I deleted the game and everywhere the game had files. This didn't fix the problem. Now I have several frequent BSODs a day if I'm patient enough to keep trying and sometimes the computer just shuts down completely without warning again.

Here are the most recent stopcodes (newest to oldest):

-MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

-KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED related file: Ntfs.sys

-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION related file: ndis.sys

-CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

Those are just since last night. These were others before I was paying close attention in no particular order:

-ATTEMPTED_TO_WRITE_READ_ONLY_MEMORY

-BAD_POOL_HEADER

-DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

The others previously mentioned were also mixed in, but at the time I was only writing down the stopcode and not the related files or the order and frequency in which they happened.

If I have to reinstall Windows, I can do that, but I really don't want to if I'm going to have this problem in another month. Please help me find a better solution.

OneDrive link:

https://1drv.ms/f/s!Asvf6I0ojOFfm35f2GR4m857iBkI

:)

NateWilliams3, Jul 8, 2019
  2. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Jul 8, 2019
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Jul 8, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning

Frequent BSOD since forced Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What are the changes or troubleshooting steps you have make prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest to refer the suggestion given by Zigzag3143, dated july 26, 2013.

Refer the link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

For more information, refer the link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Jul 8, 2019
Thema:

Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning

1. Frequent BSOD and computer turning off without warning - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD computer

2. PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.: Hello, I have a gaming pc I built a few months ago. It's more than capable of running higher graphics. I was doing some work in Unreal Engine 5 and enabled Ray Tracing yesterday. And the pc turned off a few minutes later. I was monitoring the temperature on my GPU and it...
  3. PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC turns off without warning on higher graphics, not overheating.: Hello, I have a gaming pc I built a few months ago. It's more than capable of running higher graphics. I was doing some work in Unreal Engine 5 and enabled Ray Tracing yesterday. And the pc turned off a few minutes later. I was monitoring the temperature on my GPU and it...
  4. Virus and Threat protection randomly turn off without warning.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Virus and Threat protection randomly turn off without warning.: Hello, I have had to temporarily turn off windows defender several times and windows has always alerted me to it.For the past few weeks, however, the defender has been constantly turning off without me doing so. The worst part is that Windows won't warn me about it at all,...
  5. Laptop turns off without any warning at 30% on battery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop turns off without any warning at 30% on battery: I am using a HP 15 BW531au Laptop with 4GB of RAM, AMD A6 9220 Dual Core CPU, Radeon R4 Graphics with latest drivers installed. My Laptop has started giving a issue that it turns off at 30% when on battery. I doesn't evenn give a warning, it just turns off making it difficult...
  6. Computer Turns Off Without Warning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Turns Off Without Warning: Hello! Thanks for your time. I've found lately that whenever my computer starts to run low on battery around 11-14%, it will just shut down entirely without warning no low battery prompt or anything, and when I immediately plug it in and turn it back on, instead of resuming...
  7. PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning

PC Keeps Turning Itself Off Without Warning: A few weeks ago, my PC started turning itself off without any warning. The first time it happened, I was out of state using a laptop to control my desktop remotely. I attempted to play a game Minecraft via my remote access as I was curious how well it would handle over a...
  8. Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer shuts off without warning when battery is low: how do I turn on low battery notifications https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-shuts-off-without-warning-when-battery-is/f6218490-47bd-45f3-bd1f-25982433623f
  9. my laptop turns off everytime without any warning

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    my laptop turns off everytime without any warning: I encountered a problem with my hp notebook runs on Windows 10 Pro. I noticed every time when my percentage is about 20-25%, then my laptop just turns off without anything, no warning. Then I plugged my ac adapter and turns on the laptop and then the battery percentage is...
  10. No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis

No BSOD but computer restarts without warning on a regular basis: Hi everyone I'm not sure if this is the correct forum out of all the ones on offer, but as it's about my computer regularly crashing, I thought I'd post this here. If it's incorrect, I apologise...please point me in the direction of a more appropriate forum. Ever since I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Computer turns off without BSOD or errors opening an app