Windows 10: Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?

Discus and support Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; submitted by /u/kevinlar [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gb3iak/frequent_bsod_can_anybody_help_diagnose/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kevinlar, Apr 30, 2020.

1. Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?

/u/kevinlar, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Double9s Win User

Help diagnosing frequent BSOD

Hello Gerry

It's been almost 10 days now and no BSOD crashes. If the stability persists, I'm thinking MSI Afterburner (or more likely Rivatuner, after some reading) was the culprit. Hoping that's the case, as I won't have to go through the hassle of exchanging my video
    card.

Thanks for the help! Could you give a little explanation on how you pinpointed that list from the reports that I posted? I'd like to be able to deduce that info on my own.

Double9s, Apr 30, 2020
  3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

BSOD Nathan items 2-23-2018

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Apr 30, 2020
  4. Double9s Win User

Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?

Help diagnosing frequent BSOD

I've been getting a lot of system crashes lately, BSOD I guess though I never actually see the BSOD. I'll typically be playing a game or something, and the screen suddenly goes black as if I pulled the video cord. Audio cuts out and the computer is completely
    unresponsive. I usually hard reboot, which I think might be the reason there aren't that many entries in my Windows Minidump. That only seems to show up if I wait 10+ mins for the system to reboot. My hunch is that I have a faulty video card, an NVIDIA GTX
    970 that I bought a little over a year ago, because I was getting these crashes before and after a recent motherboard+CPU+RAM upgrade. Seems that it has to be either the video card or my hard drives.

How do I diagnose this?

Here's a share folder with a zip of my minidump files and my MSInfo saved file.

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Win 10 Home

GIGABYTE G1 Gaming GA-Z170N-Gaming 5 mITX motherboard

i5 6500

MSI GTX 970 Twinfrozr

16 GB DDR4 2133 Corsair Vengeance RAM

Thanks!

Double9s, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose?

1. Frequent BSOD can anybody help diagnose? - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD anybody

2. BSOD - need help diagnosing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - need help diagnosing: Hi, as explained I need some help diagnosing a BSOD.The issues occur usually once or twice a day, more often when I'm in the process of closing an application usually a game.I've done all windows updates and driver updates I can, I've also upgraded from Win10 to Win11 after a...
  3. BSOD issue - help to diagnose

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD issue - help to diagnose: I just upgraded my processor Intel i3-12100F, Asrock H610m MOBO and 16GB DDr4 3200 memory + install latest version of Windows 11. I get the BSOD sometimes out of no warning. I looked at the event viewer and there seems to be the LSA error, tried to disable it but still...
  4. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  5. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  6. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. another bsod if anybody can help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    another bsod if anybody can help: link to the dmp file.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHgAJu3gAgfxRRPvGzZphjnl_v6?e=ZEAdU7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-bsod-if-anybody-can-help/0335c378-a3f9-4c95-b77e-e9c41c1e8378
  8. another bsod if anybody can help

another bsod if anybody can help: link to the dmp file.https://1drv.ms/u/s!AgHgAJu3gAgfxRRPvGzZphjnl_v6?e=ZEAdU7 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/another-bsod-if-anybody-can-help/0335c378-a3f9-4c95-b77e-e9c41c1e8378
  9. Help diagnosing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help diagnosing BSOD: Hello, I recently was hit with a BSOD and was hoping for some help in diagnosing the cause. I think it's a RAM/HDD issue but I'm not entirely sure. Here's the analysis from WinDbg Preview: Loading Dump File [C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP]Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address...
  10. BSoD Diagnosing! Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSoD Diagnosing! Help!: My computer keeps BSoDing whenever I play games. In Metal Gear Solid V, I get freezes, which it normally doesn't happen, and in Civilization VI, it either freezes, and crashes, or BSoDs whenever I play after more than 30 minutes. I've gotten three different BSoDs;...