Windows 10: Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue

Discus and support Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have been having frequent BSOD's on my computer and when I analyse the DMP files in WhoCrashed its being caused by the the same module each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by tmaxwell22, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue

Hi,

I have been having frequent BSOD's on my computer and when I analyse the DMP files in WhoCrashed its being caused by the the same module each time. The item is ntoskrnl.exe

Each one seems to have different bugcheck codes and i have tried speaking to a Microsoft adviser on Live Chat however they said they didnt have the means to open DMP files to investigate the issues.

Is there a support address that I can send the various DMP files to for further analysis? An example of 3 of them are as follows:

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C14E0)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1E (0xFFFFFFFFC000001D, 0xFFFFF80051C27D36, 0xFFFFF80052191400, 0xFFFFF80051CFA9B0)
    Error: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x6212A)
    Bugcheck code: 0x1000007E (0xFFFFFFFFC0000005, 0xFFFFF80033C6212A, 0xFFFF81851DE9F778, 0xFFFF81851DE9EFC0)
    Error: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M

This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x1C1220)
    Bugcheck code: 0x154 (0xFFFF918FE2210000, 0xFFFF860A1B25DF00, 0x2, 0x0)
    Error: UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION

Each time the error message is different but the cause is the same. I have searched extensively online for a fix to this and am getting no luck, so hopefully the community here might have some ideas. I have reinstalled windows and ensured all drivers are up to date and it still happens. I ran Memtest and that showed no errors and I have also done a test on the hard drive and CPU which all come back clear.

Any ideas are much appreciated!

Tom

:)

tmaxwell22, Nov 19, 2019
  2. axe0 Win User

Frequent BSOD issue Asus K53sm NVIDIA 630m Windows 10

I would guess that your GPU is faulty, the crashes that are most frequent seem related to the GPU.

I do have a suggestion, although this suggestion is more often seen with 0x9F crashes where drivers are in an inconsistent state for the OS.
    Try to change the powerplan, standard there are following plans
    1. Powersaver,
    2. Balanced, standard selected,
    3. High performance
    If you didn't change your power plan, you have balanced selected.
    Select High performance and see if it makes a difference.

3. Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component

Hi.

I have recently upgraded my PC. The upgrade included:

• A 2GB DDR2 Kingmax RAM stick.
    • A 250GB SATA II Hitachi hard drive, which is a replacement for my old broken hard drive.
    • An NVIDIA GeForce 210.

I performed a clean install of Windows 7 after the hardware upgrade. After that, I upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, I have been encountering BSODs on a daily basis, even during normal computer use.

I think that the BSODs were caused by the new parts, and most likely caused by the new RAM stick, since I have not encountered this many BSODs before the hardware upgrade, when I was still using windows XP. Please help me find out the cause for the frequent BSODs.

I attached the debug file following the posting instructions. Thank you.

lunateepsilon, Nov 19, 2019
  4. somvir73 Win User

Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue

1. Frequent BSOD caused by the same issue - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD caused

2. Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: Please, please, please help me figure this one out. I have been having BSOD for a while now and I haven’t been able to fix it.These are my laptop specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22621 Build 22621System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop...
  3. Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD caused by ntkrnlmp.exe: Please, please, please help me figure this one out. I have been having BSOD for a while now and I haven’t been able to fix it.These are my laptop specs: OS Name Microsoft Windows 11 ProVersion 10.0.22621 Build 22621System Model HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop...
  4. ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs: So, lately, I've been having increasingly frequent BSoDs, going from once a day to ridiculously frequent. I always get one of a few stopcodes that all, when searched, suggest driver issues, and they all seem to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. When I check for drivers on Windows...
  5. ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs

ntoskrnl.exe frequently causes BSoDs: So, lately, I've been having increasingly frequent BSoDs, going from once a day to ridiculously frequent. I always get one of a few stopcodes that all, when searched, suggest driver issues, and they all seem to be caused by ntoskrnl.exe. When I check for drivers on Windows...
  6. Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe: HiMy laptop just got BSOD fo 36 times in 3 days because ntoskrnl.exei tried to updating all driver, nothing changehere is my latest bsod dumpfilehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!ApqJX_9NRJGDgm88pidzFg5zRI2_...
  7. Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Frequent BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe: HiMy laptop just got BSOD fo 36 times in 3 days because ntoskrnl.exei tried to updating all driver, nothing changehere is my latest bsod dumpfilehttps://1drv.ms/u/s!ApqJX_9NRJGDgm88pidzFg5zRI2_...
  8. Getting Bug Check Issue Causing frequent BSOD.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Bug Check Issue Causing frequent BSOD.: Getting the following error in the event log: The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000ef 0xffff9109887dd100, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  9. ntoskrnl.exe causing frequent BSODs

ntoskrnl.exe causing frequent BSODs: I've been having bluescreens when navigating the Windows UI, playing games, using Chrome or even when leaving my PC idle and ntoskrnl.exe seems to be the culprit but I can;t figure out what driver is causing it. I've tried just about everything recommended to solve the issue...
  10. Frequent BSODs with different causes

Frequent BSODs with different causes: https://i.imgur.com/AO6BgPk.png Picture with general error names Attachment 79858 50368