Windows 10: Frequent BSOD Crashes (IRQL, DPC Watchdog, WHEA)

Discus and support Frequent BSOD Crashes (IRQL, DPC Watchdog, WHEA) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I built a new computer over christmas with windows 10 and have been randomly getting BSOD's, I messed around the bios (tried to run it without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Nutron, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Nutron Win User

Frequent BSOD Crashes (IRQL, DPC Watchdog, WHEA)

Hello,

I built a new computer over christmas with windows 10 and have been randomly getting BSOD's, I messed around the bios (tried to run it without overclock, with manual voltage tinkering different ones up to 1.5V on an i9-10850k...), ran sfcscan/dsim/memtest/chkdsk/aida for 2 hours/heaven benchmark. All returned no errors.

Problem is I have been getting frequent BSOD crashes ranging from IRQL while running verifier, DPC Watchdog violations, Whea uncorrectable error. Today for example I got a DPC watchdog violation after almost a week without any...

I tried to run the V2 log collector from the site, but powershell apparently wont open up on windows anymore. When trying to run it from an elevated command prompt, I get this message:

Windows PowerShell terminated with the following error:
    Could not load file or assembly 'System.Management.Automation, Version=3.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The module was expected to contain an assembly manifest.

Would really like some help resolving both issues as I seem to have reached the end of what I was able to do on my own... anyone? *Sad

Windows version: 20H2 (OS Build 19042.685)

:)

Nutron, Jan 21, 2021
  2. fraidso Win User

Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why.

A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes etc. In Late June/early July, I had the HDD replaced by ACER. It continued to act up so the following week in July I had the entire tower replaced, with an indentical model.

This second TC-280 is the one currently experiencing frequent crashes. It will often go days without issue, and then have a crash with another one shortly after. The most recent crash was around 3:45 am on the morning of August 25, and one about 1:40 am on the morning of August 23. It almost crashed around 2:30 pm, today August 26 (frozen picture, buzzing sound) but it resolved itself.

It usually happens when watching videos on the computer. Youtube, from the HDD, doesn't matter. The screen will freeze and the audio will buzz until the blue screen pops up saying the system experienced an issue, and the code is DPC Watchdog Violation. However, it can also happen when doing something benign, for example, I had it freeze when simply scrolling through a text webpage.

I have done multiple Google searches and checked numerous forums and to try and fix this issue I have tried:

• Updating display/audio/chipset/etc drivers
    • Changing from HDMI-DVI to DVI-DVI to connect my monitor to the tower because I read that HDMI can cause issues
    • Turning of Fast-start up (I have since turned it back on because it made no difference)
    • Uninstalling Kaspersky (anti-virus) because I read that 3rd party antivirus can cause issues

The only thing that is constant between this computer and the last that also experienced BSOD crashes is my software (most of which I have used for years on multiple systems without issue) and monitor (again, also been using for years on multiple systems without issue) and I've searched multiple times to see if a monitor can cause this issue and have come up with nothing.

I followed the steps in the posting instructions and will attach the created zip file. Any help is greatly appreciated with this issue. It is driving me insane and I know I'm going to end up with a corrupted system/HDD if these crashes continue.

fraidso, Jan 21, 2021
  3. BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Jan 21, 2021
  4. Karla Alm Win User

DPC Watchdog Violation

Hello,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest that you refer to this thread:
    BSOD, Windows 10, and DPC Watchdog.

You can follow answers provided by ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP)

Let us know how it goes.

Thank you.

Karla Alm, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD Crashes (IRQL, DPC Watchdog, WHEA) - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD Crashes

2. DPC Watchdog BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DPC Watchdog BSOD: Hello! So I've been running into a few, rare blue screens here and there. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but they tend to happen quite often when I'm live-streaming on Twitch.tv so it does get quite frustrating.Here's the error in event viewer: The computer has rebooted from a...
  3. DPC Watchdog BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC Watchdog BSOD: Hello! So I've been running into a few, rare blue screens here and there. Normally, I wouldn't mind, but they tend to happen quite often when I'm live-streaming on Twitch.tv so it does get quite frustrating.Here's the error in event viewer: The computer has rebooted from a...
  4. BSOD; DPC Watchdog violation, persistent crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD; DPC Watchdog violation, persistent crashing: Hello! I've used this forum before to report a prior instance of this exact problem happening, and while the suggestions listed on that end were helpful, the fix was apparently only temporary. Link to prior BSOD: DPC_Watchdog_Violation thread that I went through last year:...
  5. BSOD; DPC Watchdog violation, persistent crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD; DPC Watchdog violation, persistent crashing: Hello! I've used this forum before to report a prior instance of this exact problem happening, and while the suggestions listed on that end were helpful, the fix was apparently only temporary. Link to prior BSOD: DPC_Watchdog_Violation thread that I went through last year:...
  6. BSOD; DPC Watchdog violation, persistent crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. DPC Watchdog BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DPC Watchdog BSOD: Hi I keep getting DPC Watch dog errors seemingly randomly. I tried most of the troubleshooting steps but nothing seems to have worked. I resorted to a reformat/reinstall, but I keep getting the errors. Again they seem to be intermittent. I will BSOD on initial lock screen, or...
  8. Frequent DPC Watchdog Violations Occuring

Frequent DPC Watchdog Violations Occuring: Laptop HP Notebook - 15g-dx0001au CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 2500u RAM: 8 GB GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 HDD: WD 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA SSD: 120gb Kingston Windows 10 pro Link to minidump: minidump...
  9. Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation: Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why. A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes...
  10. Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation)

Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation): Hi, I am getting this BSOD very frequently after i upgraded to Win 10 last week. I bought this ASUS G551jx laptop last month and since then i am getting quite problems like freezing and then it gives the BSOD. I have updated all the drivers, then i also downloaded the...