Windows 10: Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing

Discus and support Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The 2 errors I most commonly see are "IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "Kernel check security error", but I am unsure how to pinpoint the problem as I often... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/alfatems, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing

The 2 errors I most commonly see are "IRQL_NO_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and "Kernel check security error", but I am unsure how to pinpoint the problem as I often see it online attributed to memory, drivers and multiple issues.

Specs are:

Ryzen R3 1200

GTX 1060 6gb

8gb RAM DDR4 2400MHz HyperX Fury

2TB SATA Hard Drive and a 512 gb Hard Drive

MSI A320M Mother Board

Any help?

submitted by /u/alfatems
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/alfatems, Jun 17, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

GPU-Z 0.8.7 crash on launch

W1zzard is asking you to test so that he can suggest next steps and be able to troubleshoot the issue you have.
    If another version works, it would be one set of steps.
    If several other versions also fail/crash, then it would be another.

3. Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Jun 17, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing

1. Frequent BSOD crashes, need help troubleshooting/fixing - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD crashes

2. Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.: --------------- Diagnostics --------------- Windows Error Reporting: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket 1818866698650931750, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: THXService.exe P2: 1.0.0.1 P3: 5d81b8c9 P4: StackHash_b1cc P5:...
  3. Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent crashing. Need help properly diagnosing and fixing.: --------------- Diagnostics --------------- Windows Error Reporting: +++ WER0 +++: Fault bucket 1818866698650931750, type 4 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: THXService.exe P2: 1.0.0.1 P3: 5d81b8c9 P4: StackHash_b1cc P5:...
  4. I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD: Hi, Lately I am frequently experiencing random restarts, a week ago I was forced to do a fresh install of Windows because of the corruption of some system files. Now the problem is occurring again, I checked the reliability monitor and there are many "Windows was not properly...
  5. I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with frequent crashes and BSOD: Hi, Lately I am frequently experiencing random restarts, a week ago I was forced to do a fresh install of Windows because of the corruption of some system files. Now the problem is occurring again, I checked the reliability monitor and there are many "Windows was not properly...
  6. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  7. Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSODs, need help diagnosing and fixing the issue: Hi,I have been experiencing very frequent BSODs as of late. From what I can see, the BSODs tend to occur usually with a session of Ableton Live 11 a music production program, but sometimes happen without Ableton either. In case I open an Ableton project a BSOD can occur at...
  8. Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting

Random Crashes With No BSOD Need Help Troubleshooting: Before I get into the problem, my specs are as follows: Motherboard: Asus Strix X 570 F CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 usually auto boosting to 4.2ghz. My CPU is also being cooled by a corsair AIO GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2080 non-oc model and no overclock has been administered on the...
  9. BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting

BSOD troubleshooting Need help troubleshooting: Hi Microsoft Team, On the past 3 days, I have 3 BSOD. Attached is the minidump & MSINFO of my computer: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqAhNMuZyKrSiCyw3z3Bn0Gex3Mz?e=kVkDP1 Regards, Michael...
  10. Need Helping Fixing BSODs/Crashes

Need Helping Fixing BSODs/Crashes: So I built my PC about 8 months ago and have slowly just begun having more and more issues. I am constantly getting BSODs with a bunch of different error codes and explanations. I used WhoCrashed to try and figure out what might be the issue in case I need to RMA something,...