Windows 10: Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation)

Discus and support Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I am getting this BSOD very frequently after i upgraded to Win 10 last week. I bought this ASUS G551jx laptop last month and since then i am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by best, Aug 25, 2015.

1. best Win User

Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation)

Hi,
    I am getting this BSOD very frequently after i upgraded to Win 10 last week.
    I bought this ASUS G551jx laptop last month and since then i am getting quite problems like freezing and then it gives the BSOD. I have updated all the drivers, then i also downloaded the drivers from the manufacturer's website but still the problem doesn't seems to be solving.

When i checked the error in Bluescreenview software , the main culprit is ntoskrnl.exe

I tried all the solutions giving over the internet to untick the fast system startup and other things but still its there.

Attachment 33915

Any help will be much appreciated.

Thanks .

:)

2. BSOD- DPC Watchdog violation

BSOD - DPC watchdog violation how to fix?

JamesJagow, Aug 25, 2015
  3. Kapil Arya MVP, Aug 25, 2015
  4. axe0 New Member

Please remove McAfee using the uninstall instructions How to uninstall McAfee
    Please remove Malwarebytes using the uninstall instructions How to uninstall Malwarebytes

Please check your manufacturer for windows 10 compatible network driver updates.
    Code: 0: kd> lmvm athw10xstart end module name fffff800`77570000 fffff800`779a7000 athw10x T (no symbols) Loaded symbol image file: athw10x.sys Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\athw10x.sys Image name: athw10x.sys Timestamp: Tue Jun 16 11:29:55 2015 (557FEC93) CheckSum: 00428B1F ImageSize: 00437000 Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4[/quote]

5. best Win User
    [/quote]
    Thanks for your reply.
    I have the network drivers from the vendor site only.

I will try removing the McAfee and Malwarebytes though
    Also,
    Which antivirus do you recommend?

6. axe0 New Member
    Windows Defender for the next few months.
    Other antivirus programs are likely not 100% compatible with windows 10.

Then update the software/drivers from the vendor.

7. best Win User
    Thanks again for the reply.

I have removed both the McAfee and MBAM softwares,
    also updated the drivers too

Hope i don't get another BSOD again.

8. axe0 New Member

I too hope you're free from bluescreens *Smile
    If you get another bluescreen please use the tool again and upload a new zip file.

9. best Win User
    Update : I have been using my laptop for 2 days after doing those changes (removed McAfee AV and MBAM) , I have not faced any BSOD till then.

best, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD (dpc watchdog violation) - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD dpc

2. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello,My PC has been crashing for a couple weeks now. First instance happened while I was watching Netflix after installing latest NVIDIA driver v512.95 then I rolled back to v472.12 but issue still remains with crashes happened every reboot while watching movies, web...
  3. DPC watchdog violation BSOD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DPC watchdog violation BSOD: SYMBOL_NAME: mtkwl6ex+335ceMODULE_NAME: mtkwl6exIMAGE_NAME: mtkwl6ex.sysSTACK_COMMAND: .cxr; .ecxr ; kbBUCKET_ID_FUNC_OFFSET: 335ceFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_ISR_mtkwl6ex!unknown_functionOS_VERSION: 10.0.19041.1BUILDLAB_STR: vb_releaseOSPLATFORM_TYPE: x64OSNAME: Windows...
  4. BSOD: DPC Watchdog Violation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD: DPC Watchdog Violation: I suddenly experience BSOD due to DPC Watchdog Violation. I am not sure how to identify which drivers are outdated. But what I can remember is that I updated my BIOS for ASUS. I am attaching my Minidump here in case this could help solve the problem. Hope you could assist me...
  5. BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    BSOD DPC WATCHDOG VIOLATION: I've been getting this error for maybe 3-4 months now.Last night I hard reset my desktop and barely downloaded any applications.I'm still getting the same error.Can someone please help?https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnmVn5YcbJKNgQ67NQ9wrfHu5V4I?e=VRHvH8...
  6. Frequent DPC Watchdog Violations Occuring

Frequent DPC Watchdog Violations Occuring: Laptop HP Notebook - 15g-dx0001au CPU: Amd Ryzen 5 2500u RAM: 8 GB GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 HDD: WD 1 TB 5400 rpm SATA SSD: 120gb Kingston Windows 10 pro Link to minidump: minidump...
  7. DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD

DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD: Hello, I've been recently getting BSODs with error code DPC Watchdog Violation when waking PC up from sleep mode. My log files and system info can be found here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap87I0ekZbOF3WhuIjiI--QnKxbn?e=oOiOh8 Thanks, Daniel...
  8. BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation

BSOD-DPC Watchdog Violation: Hi, my computer crashed 5 times in the past two months with a DPC Watchdog Violation coded blue screen error. I uploaded the DMP file of the latest crash, the output of Msinfo, and my computer specifications assuming that it may help diagnose the crash. It would help a lot...
  9. BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations)

BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations): Good Evening everyone! I will start this out by saying I am not an 85 year old grandmother trying to get on Facebook. I have been using computer since I was 8 (1993) and I am, for the first time, at a total loss. I keep getting intermittent BSOD (DPC Watchdog Violations). I...
  10. Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation

Frequent BSOD crashes - DPC Watchdog Violation: Hey all, I'm getting frequent DPC Watchdog_Violation BSOD crashes and I just cannot figure out why. A bit of background: I bought an ACER Aspirer TC-280 Desktop in March. It ran okay for about a month then it started acting up. I had a ticking hard drive, multiple crashes...