Windows 10: Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

Discus and support Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, as the title mentions I've been getting BSOD recently and I need help determining the cause. Here is the most recent .dmp:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dominic Marra, Apr 28, 2020.

1. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

Dominic Marra, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Msap14 Win User

BSOD Hardware Caused???

they do weird things like that, which all seem like something else is failing.
    One of the worst things to diagnose, they seem to only quit when they want to.

Memtest is a good next step, if you rule out RAM and Power Supply make sure you disconnect all unnecessary peripherals and try to start the system with as little hardware as possible, if it works then, you can narrow down the culprit by trial and error.

the follow was taken from some website:

It's very difficult to determine if a failure is caused by the CPU because many other components can cause the same symptom when they fail.

1. System fails to boot
    2. System re-boots intermittently
    3. General Protection Fault
    4. Illegal Operation
    5. Stop Error, or BSoD (Blue Screen OfDeath)

Actually, CPUs rarely fail, and about the only way to determine if the CPU is causing the failure is to swap it out with a known working CPU of the same type and speed. Since this is difficult, the best bet is to first rule out every other possibility.

Before suspecting the CPU, rule out all the possibilities listed below.

1. The Operating System
    2. A peripheral port device
    3. A bad memory module
    4. The hard disk drive
    5. The power supply
    6. The motherboard

If you have ruled out out all the other possibilities, investigate the items listed below.

1. Overheating
    2. A short circuit
    3. ESD

Msap14, Apr 28, 2020
  3. hoax32 Win User
    BSOD Hardware Caused???

It is not overheating - CPU runs 60*C in games.
    Short Circuit - EXTREAMLY UNLIKELY

hoax32, Apr 28, 2020
  4. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

Frequent BSODs of unknown reason. Possibly caused by new PC component

Hi.

I have recently upgraded my PC. The upgrade included:

• A 2GB DDR2 Kingmax RAM stick.
    • A 250GB SATA II Hitachi hard drive, which is a replacement for my old broken hard drive.
    • An NVIDIA GeForce 210.

I performed a clean install of Windows 7 after the hardware upgrade. After that, I upgraded to Windows 10. Since then, I have been encountering BSODs on a daily basis, even during normal computer use.

I think that the BSODs were caused by the new parts, and most likely caused by the new RAM stick, since I have not encountered this many BSODs before the hardware upgrade, when I was still using windows XP. Please help me find out the cause for the frequent BSODs.

I attached the debug file following the posting instructions. Thank you.

lunateepsilon, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

1. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD Need

2. [Help] ntoskrnl.exe causing frequent bsod.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    [Help] ntoskrnl.exe causing frequent bsod.: Hi guys,I just clean install my laptop with windows 11 pro and thinkering with it for the past week. I frequently experiencing BSOD with this info:- IRQL_NOT_LESS- CRITICAL PROCESS DIED- PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGESometimes it a blackscreen with backlight still active, but the...
  3. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  4. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error: Earlier I was just playing a not very intensive game and the screen went black then rebooted. I have some basic ideas of what it is or could be but I figured people here might be able to interpret the error better than me and my copy paste into Google.The computer has...
  5. Need help determining cause of CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. BSOD and Determining Cause

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD and Determining Cause: Hello,I had a BSOD today. Log determined it was my m2 ssd on which the system is installed. If I attach it the log would you be able to tell me what went wrong Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 20/11/2021 16:35:19 Event ID: 162 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords:...
  7. BSOD and Determining Cause

BSOD and Determining Cause: Hello,I had a BSOD today. Log determined it was my m2 ssd on which the system is installed. If I attach it the log would you be able to tell me what went wrong Log Name: System Source: volmgr Date: 20/11/2021 16:35:19 Event ID: 162 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords:...
  8. Need help determining the cause of a computer crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help determining the cause of a computer crash: Hello everyone, and good afternoon. My computer has been crashing recently, and I do not know how to troubleshoot any further. Since I don't know how to read the crash dump file to find exactly what I'm looking for, any help would be much appreciated. Worth noting is that a...
  9. Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is crashing again, need help to determine the cause.: Hello, community. I am trying to determine what is wrong with my computer. It has been crashing inconsistently, but with emphasis on my GPU and possibly the heat in my apartment. About a month ago, I started hearing odd noises from my XFX RX 580 8GB GPU, which I think...
  10. Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD Need Help Determining The Cause: Hi, as the title mentions I've been getting BSOD recently and I need help determining the cause. Here is the most recent .dmp: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtEM81s22igVnnQ3cyjLz9fd8Tst...