Windows 10: Frequent BSOD on custom PC

Discus and support Frequent BSOD on custom PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been having issues with my custom built PC for quite some time and I've made numerous attempts to get this resolved. Here's the spec list put... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MichaelO_713, Jul 17, 2020.

1. Frequent BSOD on custom PC

I've been having issues with my custom built PC for quite some time and I've made numerous attempts to get this resolved. Here's the spec list put together by a tech at Microcenter:

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/italyguy7/saved/

The RAM was upgrade from CRUCIAL 16GB 8X2 D4 3200CL16 BSLT to what is shown on the list.

Below is a link to my results from running msinfo32 as well as the last 5 dump files that were generated today:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AqnVm24l2cwUgY8fr1IAZ3k6XbyCzA?e=0abrhp

As mentioned before, I've already done a few things but am willing to start "fresh" troubleshooting with proper guidance.

Thanks in advanced!

:)

MichaelO_713, Jul 17, 2020

2. Frequent BSOD

Okay, in that case I suggest you to Restore the PC to an earlier time when it was working perfectly.

Steps:

In the search box on the taskbar, type control panel, and then choose it from the list of results.

In the Control Panel search box, type recovery.

Select Recovery > Open System Restore.

In the Restore system files and setting box, select Next.

Select the restore point that you want to use in the list of results, and then select Scan for affected programs.

You'll see a list of items that will be deleted if you remove this restore point. If you're OK with the deletions, select Close> Next > Finish.

Note: Select a date when the PC was working properly.

ArifAhmed2, Jul 17, 2020
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Jul 17, 2020
  4. Frequent BSOD on custom PC

Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Jul 17, 2020
Thema:

Frequent BSOD on custom PC

1. Frequent BSOD on custom PC - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD custom

2. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  3. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  4. Pc BSOD very frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc BSOD very frequently: My pc will randomly bsod then restart several times a day. if anyone can help i can try to find the crash reports https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-bsod-very-frequently/faef4d6c-bbd6-40d3-b593-031cf62f38a9
  5. Pc BSOD very frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc BSOD very frequently: My pc will randomly bsod then restart several times a day. if anyone can help i can try to find the crash reports https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-bsod-very-frequently/faef4d6c-bbd6-40d3-b593-031cf62f38a9
  6. Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC: Hi folksI've just gotten set up with an almost entirely new PC, with the only parts from my previous rig being the PSU, an M.2 SSD and two HDDs. I've had frequent BSOD errors when trying to install programs/drivers/games etc., and a few that seemed to have been triggered just...
  7. Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD Errors On New PC: Hi folksI've just gotten set up with an almost entirely new PC, with the only parts from my previous rig being the PSU, an M.2 SSD and two HDDs. I've had frequent BSOD errors when trying to install programs/drivers/games etc., and a few that seemed to have been triggered just...
  8. PC frequently encounters various BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC frequently encounters various BSODs: I built a PC last year with: TUF B550-PLUS/ AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6core/ NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080/ G.SKILL Aegis 16GB/ Western Digital 1TB WD Blue SN550 and things went well for a weeks and two. Then BSODs kept on happening randomly when ever I'm not using my computer with...
  9. Frequent BSOD on new custom pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSOD on new custom pc: For around a month now, my pc has frequent bsod. I've tried almost everything I could think of updating drivers, reinstalling windows, memtest, booting from a different ssd ect. but nothing has worked. I was wondering if someone with more experience could help me out or...
  10. Frequent BSODs Critical Process Died / Unmountable Boot Volume on a Custom built PC

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Frequent BSODs Critical Process Died / Unmountable Boot Volume on a Custom built PC: Hello. I built a PC and I have been having trouble lately. My pc restarts in a loop and always says critical process died or unmountable boot volume. could someone help? specs: ryzen 2700x cpu radeon rx50 gpu rosewill bronze 80 750 watt psu aorus x470 gaming wifi...