Windows 10: Frequent BSOD on New Machine

Discus and support Frequent BSOD on New Machine in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello Everyone,I just purchased an MSI GE76 Raider with an NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM. While gaming, I am having frequent BSODs. I'll... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by adudelikeme, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Frequent BSOD on New Machine

Hello Everyone,I just purchased an MSI GE76 Raider with an NVIDIA RTX 3060 GPU, 1TB SSD, 16GB DDR4 RAM. While gaming, I am having frequent BSODs. I'll try to get as descriptive as I can.FIRST BOOT: -I uninstalled the preinstalled Norton. Restarted, then installed Bitdefender. Ran an initial scan and it came up clean. I also installed NVIDIA GeForce Experience and Steam.-Ran as many updates on both the OS from the settings menu, and my apps from the Microsoft Store as it would find.-Initiated downloads of both Halo: MCC and Forza Horizon 4 at the same time. Both took a few hours to complete, wh

:)

adudelikeme, Sep 20, 2021

2. Frequent BSODs

I got frequent BSOD (once/twice daily) and is quite annoying.

Using bluscreenview to analyse the minidumps, it shows that the ntoskrnl.exe is the faulting module.

This is a new machine I acquired recently.

Initially I had hardware hangs and the system board and wifi module has been replaced and no longer hangs.

The machine was completely reinstalled with Windows 10 USB image. Since then I have BSODs every day/half-day.

Any help ?

MichaelShiu, Sep 20, 2021
  3. somvir73 Win User
    System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Sep 20, 2021
  4. Frequent BSOD on New Machine

Frequent BSOD

Hello,

As per the title, I am experiencing a range of BSOD errors daily. Perhaps once every 2-3 hours or so, and it seems to crash more often the more program I’m running simultaneously. Though this could be mere coincidence.
    I'll list some of the recent error messages here:

• Win32kfull.sys failed
    • System service exception
    • Werfault.exe failed
    • Page fault in non paged area
    • System thread exception not handled
    • Critical process died
    • Nvlddmkm.sys failed
    • Dxgmms2.sys failed
    • Unexpected store exception
    • Unexpected kernel mode trap
    And I’m sure there are others I haven’t taken the time to log. Clearly something is seriously wrong.

Troubleshooting steps taken include:

• Updating gpu driver
    • Uninstalling 3rd party antivirus software

As per this guide:

BSOD Finding and fixing them

I'm including the following to help diagnose the problem:

• recent .dmp files (only two appear in the minidump folder for some reason)
    • MSinfo output
    • System specs (should be in MSinfo. Ask if you require further details)

You can download these from my onedrive here:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I’m not sure what troubleshooting steps to take from here, so any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Nathan

Edit:

I've also taken the following troubleshooting steps:

- Updated Windows

- Updated device drivers, via SDI

Nathan2014, Sep 20, 2021
Thema:

Frequent BSOD on New Machine

1. Frequent BSOD on New Machine - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD Machine

2. Frequent BSOD on new pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new pc: Recently got a new pc a few months ago and its been in and out of being repaired due to blue screen issues. Whenever i am using unity engine or playing unity games they will crash and unity engine will blue screen when building, pc had a 4090 and people repairing thought it...
  3. Frequent BSOD on new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD on new computer: Hello,My laptop of about 2 months has been having a lot of BSOD occurring. The screen would first freeze, and then the sound would suddenly stutter and loop on the same frameis that the right way to describe it, then proceed to a BSOD WITH A CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error. The...
  4. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  5. BSoD New Machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSoD New Machine: I have an HP ENVY Laptop 17 with 64GB of RAM and an Intel 12th Gen i7-1206p with a 2TB SSD, and since I received the machine, I have been having issues with it freezing and then restarting. I have had a few BSoD, but usually, this happens by the screen just freezing, and then...
  6. New and frequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New and frequent BSODs: Hi, keeping it short and simple, Pc has been blue screening recently with different stop codes, No new hardware, System File Checker tool has been ran and completed, No note worthy changes overall.The only notable thing I can think off is the crashes 9/10 times have happend...
  7. New and frequent BSODs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New and frequent BSODs: Hi, keeping it short and simple, Pc has been blue screening recently with different stop codes, No new hardware, System File Checker tool has been ran and completed, No note worthy changes overall.The only notable thing I can think off is the crashes 9/10 times have happend...
  8. New and frequent BSODs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Frequent BSOD and crashes on my machine.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD and crashes on my machine.: Frequent BSOD and crashes on my machine. Can someone please help me? My system configuration is: Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 3500X 6-Core Processor 3.59 GHz RAM: 16.0 GB Graphics card: GTX 1650 most errors being: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing/Admin...
  10. Frequent BSOD on new machine

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD on new machine: Hello, I have recently acquired new computer. However, I have come across the issue that it keeps getting blue screen of death once in a while. Sometimes it happens while I am changing something in settings, sometimes it happens when using Firefox, sometimes it happens when...