Windows 10: Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

Discus and support Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kat aFJ, Feb 27, 2024.

1. kat aFJ Win User

Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I can see my audio interface processing sounds from my device microphone, but nothing will "wake up" and I have to hard restart the PC.Things I've tried:- upgraded to windows 11 OS- clean install of windows 11- replaced SSDs- memory check mtest86 - ok- wipe AMD drivers & reinstall - done, but the comp still freezes, the

:)

kat aFJ, Feb 27, 2024

2. system freezes up in sleep mode

system freezes up in sleep mode, one monitor on and the other a sleep. Can not wake up system without hard reboot. Any suggestions?

SteveSchillinger, Feb 27, 2024
  3. kn00tcn Win User
    Pc restart after exiting sleep mode

well if it works within 5min, sounds like it could be losing power

'restarts after exiting sleep mode' do you mean it acts like a fresh cold boot? or you see the windows logging off screens, then it restarts?

i never use sleep or hibernate, risk of losing the session & waste of hard drive space

kn00tcn, Feb 27, 2024
  4. somvir73 Win User

System frequently restart with BSOD

System getting restarted frequently please suggest, i have attached the BSOD report.

somvir73, Feb 27, 2024
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD freezing

2. Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Green Screen while gaming, sometime randomly freeze and have to hard restart.: As the title suggests, I've been so frustrated about this problem. I really don't know what is causing it. The green screen said it's caused by "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and indicates issues with the driver ntoskrnl.exe. I hope someone could helpMinidump file:...
  3. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  4. Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent unexpected restart in sleep mode and occurring daily BSOD.: I have a repeating problem with my laptop. Almost every time it enters sleep mode, it will suddenly restart. Sometimes BSOD occurs at least once a day.It would be helpful if someone could point me in the right direction to at least know what the problem is.Below is the link...
  5. Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart

Frequent BSOD or freezing while in sleep mode, have to hard restart: Two behaviors are happening - sometimes I will get a BSOD. Most of the time my BSOD will say the error as dpc_watchdog_violation. Other times, my computer will be in sleep mode, and I will move the mouse/hit some keys on the keyboard to wake it up and nothing will happen. I...
  6. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  7. BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer

BSOD while in sleep mode - new computer: I have a brand new computer and have barely started using it yet I am getting BSOD when the laptop is in sleep or hibernate mode. I have checked the event log and found every error that coincides with the BSOD is a Critical System error Event ID 41, Task Category 63, Source =...
  8. Frequent freezing & BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent freezing & BSOD: Hello, I hope this is the right place for posting this.I am having problems with Win10Pro on my laptop. It randomly freezes and throws the BSOD. Usually the error shown is either IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or UNEXPECTED_STORAGE_EXCEPTION. Strangely the computer can behave itself...
  9. Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode: Laptop keeps restarting while in "sleep" mode.I'll close my laptop to put it to sleep while I go do something / overnightand when I open it back up, it has restarted and closed everything.The battery did not died, for reference/contextLuckily most things auto-save. Except...
  10. BSOD and frequent freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD and frequent freezes: Hi, As said in the subject I have continuous BSODs and freezes on Windows 10. I noticed that happens only on certain startups: if I run the pc for half an hour without having any issue, it continues running without issues even for days if I don't shut it down. Otherwise, if...