Windows 10: Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game

Discus and support Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have recently been enduring a large number of bluescreens with varying error codes, I have noticed this while installing games particularly ( latest... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Equidiscient, Apr 6, 2019.

1. Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game

I have recently been enduring a large number of bluescreens with varying error codes, I have noticed this while installing games particularly ( latest game to crash my PC was Destiny 2 ). So far I have used chkdsk, sfc and mdsched and none of them found any issues. I have tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers and Samsung Magician to no avail thus far. I have WhoCrashed installed since the first few and below will be the results from the crash dumps. I have also tried disabling Fast Start-Up and doing a complete shutdown. I have run Windows Defender to at least attempt to discover any viruses but none were found. So far everything I found has a mutual conclusion, that a faulty driver is the reason behind this. These crashes also happened without any video drivers installed.

My Specs:

i7-8700k

GTX1080

16GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHz

beQuiet! Straight Power 11 1000W

Seagate FireCuda 1TB

Samsung 960 Pro 500GB ( System drive )

I find it doubtful that RAM usage or thermal issues were the culprits in this as I have used Task Manager as well as OpenHardwareMonitor to monitor for any issues.

Crash dumps ( some are more in-depth due to older reports being deleted, some will just be the error and file path )

https://pastebin.com/raw/88vj2He9

:)

Equidiscient, Apr 6, 2019

2. windows 10 and games - particularly rise of nations

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you first check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10 in Windows Compatibility Center and then install the game.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

I would also suggest you update your Graphics Card drivers.

Kindly follow the below mentioned steps:

• Press Windows key + R key to open run command. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click enter.
    • Expand Display Adapter
    • Right-click on the Graphics Card and select properties.
    • Go to the Driver Tab and click update.
    • Restart the computer and check.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Apr 6, 2019
  3. installing a game

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.
    We regret the inconvenience caused to you.

Please try the steps given below and check if the issue persists:

Step 1:

I suggest you to right click on the game and try to run as administrator and check.

Step 2: if that doesn't help I suggest you to install game in compatibility mode and check:

Follow the steps below on how to install game in compatibility mode:

1. Download the game from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

2. Right click on the setup file of the game and select “Properties”.

3. Select “Compatibility” Tab.

4. Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select operating system from the drop down list.

5. Let the game install and then check the functionality.

Hope this helps.

Thank you.

Venkatesh1709, Apr 6, 2019
  4. Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 6, 2019
Thema:

Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game

1. Frequent BSOD, particularly when installing a game - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD particularly

2. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  3. Frequent BSOD when playing game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD when playing game: I was wondering if anyone could help. I have frequent BSOD when playing game - specifically Dota 2. I have done the memtest and all is good. I have noticed several minidumps each time i get the BSOD. Usually i have one then immediately after reboot another one. I have reached...
  4. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  5. Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.

Frequent BSOD, often when in a game.: Hello, I am hoping someone here can help with my BSOD issues. I have tried everything I can think of the fix this, but nothing seems to work. I am getting frequent BSOD crashes, usually when the PC is launching a game or in game. The PC specs are: Windows 11 OSIntel i7-11700K...
  6. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  7. BSOD frequently when playing games.

BSOD frequently when playing games.: So I've been getting a BSOD a lot recently with the DRIVER_VERIFIER_DMA_VIOLATION error. I loaded the dump file into the windows debugger tool but can't really make heads or tails of it. I've updated every driver on my computer and i've done a reinstall of Windows and it...
  8. BSOD frequently when playing games.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Frequent BSOD, mostly when gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD, mostly when gaming: Hi, I'm getting frequent BSOD lately and have done 2 fresh installs of Win 10, but both times it only helped for short while. BSOD normally occurs during gaming, but has happened also just while browsing. Have updated all possible drivers and not sure what's the root...
  10. Cannot install particular game

Cannot install particular game: Having a bit of a problem with a particular game on the Microsoft store. It says that it's for PC, but after purchasing it, it won't let me install the game because it's "unplayable" on my computer. Any suggestions?...