Windows 10: Frequent BSOD, several different error messages

Discus and support Frequent BSOD, several different error messages in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; My system has been experiencing frequent BSOD for the last several weeks. Several different messages occur: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by rspulp, Apr 4, 2019.

1. rspulp Win User

Frequent BSOD, several different error messages

My system has been experiencing frequent BSOD for the last several weeks. Several different messages occur:

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (FLTMGR.SYS)
    APC INDEX MISMATCH

Latest Minidump Files are from a month ago. Can't find minidumps or Memory.dmp files from crashes over the last few days. The system was configured to create them but they're not there. Previous files, system info and Memory Test results are here:
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!As_wCEwvboBnjBcHqIm8VtAoZl-c

Tried:
    Updating BIOS
    Updating Chipset driver and all other drivers using Driver Reviver
    Uninstalling & reinstalling Firefox
    Memory Test
    Re-registering time service
    Fixed error 10016 error
    Windows update: these keep failing, even from standalone updates:
    Feature update to Windows 10, version 1809
    2019-02 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4487017)

Is it a hardware issue? Tried calling manufacturer (Asus) but they were not at all helpful, blamed software without even trying to diagnose.

:)

rspulp, Apr 4, 2019
  2. Smurfmans Win User

Frequent and random appearing BSOD 'internal power error'.

Here are the magician screenshots:

Disk Drive

Frequent BSOD, several different error messages [​IMG]

SMART button:

These tests didn't take long. Perhaps I missed a checkbox?

Also good to mention, I always get this message when starting " Samsung Magician":

I installed the SSD drive during Christmas 2016. I tried different drivers etc, but this message always came back.
    As my PC worked perfectly at that time, I let it rest in the end and used the lastest microsoft driver that windows update installed.

As to the steps in post #22. I did not yet executed these steps, so I cannot give you an update just yet.
    I hesitate a bit, because they seem to bring me in a new level of computer repair&analysis - into an area that is new to me. A bit out of my "comfort zone", and I need time to familiarize myself with these enhanced steps, so that I feel myself capable enough of doing them, without fearing to screw up my PC. Please give me some time for this. Frequent BSOD, several different error messages :) I will try to do this during this weekend.

I also didn't come round into doing steps 10 and 11 from post #8. Should I still do these?

Smurfmans, Apr 4, 2019
  3. Smurfmans Win User

Update:
    I did steps 6 and 7:

BIOS reset. I choose the 'optimized defaults':

And then I did steps 8 through 11.

Next step is the memtest86+. I created a bootable DVD, and tested if it works. (It does.) I plan these memory-tests the coming nights.
    However, I can't see how I can test every SDRAM module separately. How do I do that?

(NB: After closing my game yesterday, I got the first BSOD in weeks, with a (new) message: "reference by pointer".)

Smurfmans, Apr 4, 2019
  4. Smurfmans Win User

I first did step 7:
    I downloaded avastclear with the link provided. According to the instruction on the avast site, I rebooted in safe mode and started avastclear.exe

However:
    After login, I got this [system error] message:

Then I starten avastclear and received these 2 error messages:

As this didn't work, I rebooted normally, and uninstalled avast the normal way with "add/remove programms".

Smurfmans, Apr 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD, several different error messages - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD several

2. Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSOD's with different error codes.: I have been having frequent BSODs. Different errors each time. Common errors are irql_not_less_or_equal, system_service_exception, page_fault_in_nonpaged_area. Sometimes it is accompanied by ntoskrnl.exe failed. I have updated all the drivers, ran all tests from the forums...
  3. Frequent BSODs with several different errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Frequent BSODs with several different errors: Hello. I've been having trouble with my machine for the past few weeks now, getting freezes in applications sometimes and experiencing plenty of BSOD's, surprisingly all of them having a different error message every time. I ran a Memtest but it didn't find anything wrong...
  4. Frequent BSODs with several different errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Frequent BSODs with several different errors: Hello. I've been having trouble with my machine for the past few weeks now, getting freezes in applications sometimes and experiencing plenty of BSOD's, surprisingly all of them having a different error message every time. I ran a Memtest but it didn't find anything wrong...
  5. Frequent BSODs with several different errors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. BSOD with different error messages

BSOD with different error messages: Hi,I've been getting a lot of BSOD lately with different errors such as:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALPAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREADPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONIf anyone can help it would be much appreciated, here is a link to the mini dump files....
  7. Frequent BSOD since last month with different error messages

Frequent BSOD since last month with different error messages: My PC was working all fine but since the last month there are BSOD ERRORS occurring and I am unable to work on my PC. I am sharing the Google Drive link of the pdf of error screens that is shown when BSOD error happens. Kindly someone help me on this topic. I am using a HP...
  8. BSOD with different error messages

BSOD with different error messages: hi all. i have bought a dell INSPERON 5498 with Chinese version of windows 10 family edition one language, after a while i have install an English version of windows 10 pro. after the installation of the updates every single time when i shut down my laptop and re-open it...
  9. Several different BSOD errors

Several different BSOD errors: Just built my first PC with Windows 10, and I have had several BSODs, either while gaming or even just in google chrome. I am not sure what these errors are for, but I'm hoping that it's not a hardware issue. 42412
  10. Frequent BSODs with different errors

Frequent BSODs with different errors: Hi everyone. I've been having these random BSODs randomly and have been in and out of repair shops with my laptop and still couldn't figure out what's been causing them. I already had it reformatted because the repair guy told me it was probably a virus or a jumbled registry...