Windows 10: Frequent BSOD Since SSD Swap and Windows 10 1903 Update

Discus and support Frequent BSOD Since SSD Swap and Windows 10 1903 Update in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I've been experiencing multiple BSODs since upgrading my customized desktop to version 1903. Prior to the update, I had a different SSD, which I had... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by prsn, Aug 10, 2019.

1. prsn Win User

Frequent BSOD Since SSD Swap and Windows 10 1903 Update

I've been experiencing multiple BSODs since upgrading my customized desktop to version 1903.

Prior to the update, I had a different SSD, which I had to swap out for a new one as the drivers available were not compatible with the new update.

In trying to troubleshoot the issue I've already played around with several settings, and finally did a refresh of Windows last night when I couldn't think of anything else to try.

The frequency of the issue is about once a day, which is particularly frustrating as it takes a while before I have even an inkling of whether or not something has fixed it.

Here is the information I see in the Windows Event Viewer from the latest BSOD:

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000d1 (0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000008, 0x0000000000000000). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 6d2316b5-a829-4ce6-a57e-0d0f93a2661a.

I'm not knowledgeable enough to trace through a minidump myself, but I'm hoping someone else can.

Here is a link to the latest minidump from a little over an hour ago: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nNQW7QCkJtqc7ycwGeECmXnl3GEWMYdg

In addition, I do have other minidumps in a backup I took before I did the Windows 10 refresh, so I can go dig those up if needed, although it would be a little bit of a pain to get to them.

I suspect it's either a driver issue or an issue with the new SSD, but I don't have a way to confirm, so I would greatly appreciate if someone could take a look at the minidump and let me know if they can pinpoint the issue.

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 10, 2019
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Aug 10, 2019
  4. KomouPoji Win User

Frequent BSOD since forced Windows 10 upgrade

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What are the changes or troubleshooting steps you have make prior to the issue?

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    I would suggest to refer the suggestion given by Zigzag3143, dated july 26, 2013.

Refer the link:
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-update/bsod-finding-and-fixing-them/1939df35-283f-4830-a4dd-e95ee5d8669d

For more information, refer the link.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/14238/windows-10-troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

I hope the information is helpful and if the error still persists, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Aug 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Frequent BSOD Since SSD Swap and Windows 10 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Frequent BSOD Since

2. Frequent BSOD since updating Windows.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frequent BSOD since updating Windows.: Hi, I've been experiencing a lot of BSOD's since last thursday, my collegues are experiencing the same problem.The Error message displayed on the screen is "System Thread Exception not Handled" in file "HTTP.sys"We're developers using Visual Studio 2019 fully updated to...
  3. Swapping to ssd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Swapping to ssd?: I am currently running a system with Linux running on my m.2 nvme and Windows is running on my hdd. Is it possible to have both running on the one ssd and if so how can i move the windows installation to the ssd? submitted by /u/AyeYoItsMateo [link] [comments]...
  4. Frequent BSOD since March 2020

Frequent BSOD since March 2020: Hi Community, I’ve had frequent BSOD on my laptop since March 2020. It’s a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15” running Windows 10 Home 2004, OS Build19041.450. I’ve tried resetting Windows and also completely reinstalled it. Windows Updates are current. Samsung updates...
  5. Since the last Windows 10 update, my laptop is frequently crashing with BSOD.

Since the last Windows 10 update, my laptop is frequently crashing with BSOD.: Hi there, Since the last Windows update, I am being plagued with frequent BSOD crashes. The most common stop code that I am getting is "BAD_POOL_CALLER", but I have had "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED". This is causing me to lose work on websites unless I remember to...
  6. Windows 10 (x64, 1903) not updating since September...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 (x64, 1903) not updating since September...: Hope I'm posting in the right place. Windows has failed to install updates for three months now, and I've researched the problem for hours and hours on my own. I've searched through lots of forums and lots of different sites. Today I tried to find a fix for things once and...
  7. Windows update to 1903 since 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update to 1903 since 1809: I face this problem three times, actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason, but I am sure it is a software problem. every time I try to download or update to the latest version of Windows, that is, 1903. We are offering this update to compatible devices,...
  8. Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10 version 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Frequent BSOD after updating to Windows 10 version 1903: Hey there. I've updated my Windows 10 from version 1803 to version 1903 and all of a sudden hell broke loose. I have various issues, 2 of them are most important: PC crash and BSOD while playing For some games I face PC crashes which sometimes is followed by a BSOD...
  9. Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not sleep since Windows 10 1903 update: My computer refuses to sleep since updated to Windows 10 1903. I've read up and followed other suggestions but the computer will not go to sleep. When I say I have tried everything I have. I come back to the computer after several hours and it is not asleep. If I'm lucky...
  10. Frequent BSOD since yesterday

Frequent BSOD since yesterday: Since last night I've been getting Blue Screen of Death whenever I'm playing a game. The error messages in the Blue Screen of Death were "UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP" and "DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER". I have a Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version installed on my PC. Can you help me...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. watchman bsod since windows 10 update 1903

2. win10 1903 bluescreen ssd